Getting back to stock Uk Voda with apps now 100% possible.

Guest Aradalienz

Guest Aradalienz

I been doing a lot of testing today to see if it’s possible to get a working imei again but it requires someone kind enough with an original backup to work,

Basically you downgrade to b895 install the original working imei and reboot and voda stuff is back, next use the imei hack to change it to your imei and reboot and check your imei was restored and the voda apps are still there if so make a backup of the imei now it has all the data and is able to restore any stock uk voda rom to full original settings with the apps I upgraded OTA from b895 to b936 all went well restored my new imei with the new data in it and voila all the bloat is back J hope this may be of use to some people wanting full stock like when they bought the phone,

Also thx to TangerineTractor for helping me out on this small project.

If i get time ill make a imei backup with the original data with a fake imei you can flash over might be in a few days time though.

https://www.dropbox....eczg/XYLW1hVD7Q

Ok you have to downgrade to b895 the backup wont flash on ics install backup reboot change imei to yours using dfs tool,

Forgot to mention while in b895 after you flash your imei using dfs tool make a backup of the imei then you have a fully

working imei you can use in any firmware with data in it.

OTA updates now work even on 0 imei and all your voda apps are back 110% stock.

Enjoy and have fun :)

http://www.modaco.co...t-5irom-folder/ Guide on DFS tool credits to Rostilj xD

Edited by Aradalienz

This is actually very useful. When I wanted to return my G300 to Vodafone a few months ago, I was unable to restore all the bloat. In the end, I sent it back without the bloat and claimed that the phone was malfunctioning and kept wiping/resetting itself - thankfully, Vodafone accepted this and gave me a replacement.

If anyone could make an Idiot's Guide on how to do this, it deserves being made into a pinned topic. (I'd do it myself, but I'm still not entirely clear what steps you have to take.)

Guest Aradalienz

Geoff is your phone still like it was when it was repaired firmware wise?

If so make an imei backup and you can return to full voda with apps just like new anytime

Any other imei backup wont work because it does not have the vodafone GB info in the backup.

Also i did a test with 0 imei and it still restores voda apps so it clearly the extra data thats in a

clean imei backup.

Edited by Aradalienz

Guest Aradalienz

Added the imei original backup 110% working inb895 even with 0 imei OTA updates and all apps voda uk only.

Imei on the back is from an old phone i had lying around for like 10 years :P

Btw when you OTA from b895 to b936f its takes ages unpacking dont worry just leave it running takes like 20 minutes

maybe less.

Edited by Aradalienz

Guest Aradalienz

Im not good at writing guides but all the info is there if anyone would like to make one :)

GB downgrade is easy just use the b936f official downgrade kit to b895.

Edited by Aradalienz

Guest DRAGOLIZER

I've been trying to look for a solution to this for ages and so thanks, Aradalienz!

I may just write up a guide pretty soon, in return of your work (if no-one else has beaten me to it)! :D

Geoff is your phone still like it was when it was repaired firmware wise?

I was given a new replacement handset, so that had all the Vodabloat and an original IMEI. I've made a back-up of the IMEI but I only did this after I'd already upgraded OTA to the official Vodafone UK ICS and used ROM Manager to delete all the Vodabloat. I assume this will still do the trick?

Thanks for the info on restoring the Vodabloat - now I might try a custom ROM again. I'm using Jellybean (Paranoid Android) on my ZTE Blade and I'm well impressed with that - Google Now is a great App for phone geeks.