Samsung Leaked Jelly Bean - Installed

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Well, I've been running CyanogenMod on my GalaxyS2 for quite some time now, through the various iterations. Until yesterday it was running CyanogenMod v10 with nightly auto-update. I really liked the look and feel of CM10 ... BUT ... It didn't play nicely with my car bluetooth stereo for audio streaming, and didn't support HDMI out. Neither were a major dealbreaker, but minor niggles.

Anyway, yesterday I took the plunge and took a nandroid backup of my handset, and installed the leaked Samsung Jelly Bean rom for the Galaxy S2 via MobileOdin. MobileOdin allowed me to flash new ROM and root the device at the same time.

I have to say, that as much as TouchWiz really used to annoy me, Samsung have done a fantastic job with this rom. It's smooth, well thought out and seems to flow rather well.

I was delighted to find that Bluetooth streaming is now working perfectly in the car, along with displaying Album and Track details on the cars head unit. The HDMI out is also working brilliantly.

Don't get me wrong, it's still not finished, and there are some niggles ... such as the odd momentary lockup. But other than that, I'll be using it as a daily-driver for the forseeable future (or until I get a Nexus 4!).

Anyone else tried it?

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get it from?

I was running resurrection remix but the 'fun' of being bleading edge has run out a bit, and I'd like a more stable version.

Just installed the Modaco, and gaaa...missing way too much!

• 2 weeks later...