Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

All OK here except my car Bluetooth still doesn't seem to work so not sure about these Bluetooth fixes they've done :angry: I'll do a full wipe on the cars system tomorrow and maybe a fresh install of the ROM to see if that sorts it.

Just realised I didn't wipe cache or dalvik either so that probably won't help

Guest The Soup Thief

Bum 'oles! Can't get Wiimote Controller to work over Bluetooth. Had hoped it would be fixed with 4.2.2. Tiny problem in the great scheme of things of course...

Note - this is a Jellybean issue rather than anything about this firmware specifically. The Rom itself seems steady as a rock so far as I can tell

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest The Soup Thief

A few people on xda have reported music streaming over bluetooth rather better on 4.2.2 but they all seemed to have whipped themselves into such a frenzy of anticipation that I'd guess it could well be placebo

Time will tell

Looking forward to any battery improvements (i gather the n7 has gained a couple of hours of battery life with the update, which is certainly not to be sniffed at)

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest PaulOBrien

A guy can dream.

Do you have the nexus 7 files? My device has downloaded them.

I have them all! Only had time to do the N4 so far - will do GN next, then N7, then N7 3G then N10.

Then refresh MCMCRs to 4.2.2 if it's merged. :-D

P

I have them all! Only had time to do the N4 so far - will do GN next, then N7, then N7 3G then N10.

Then refresh MCMCRs to 4.2.2 if it's merged. :-D

P

That'll keep you out of mischief ;)

Guest Sn0warmy

Hey Paul,

After performing a fresh install of Jr8 and spending a few hours setting up the phone and tinkering with it, I have only found one strange issue. The brightness slider has a strange overlay on it:

88447b3f-0918-4d44-a578-d4701eb374cd_zps9e85f52f.jpg

I wiped everything 3 times before flashing and checked the MD5 sum as well. Since setting the phone up I have wiped cache, dalvik cache, and fixed permissions but the issue with the brightness slider still persists.

Aside from that everything's great for me since I don't use Bluetooth.

Edited by Sn0warmy

Guest The Soup Thief

Initial signs spell an improvement in battery life - off charge for the last 7 and a half hours. Screen on for half an hour this morning while reading the paper over breakfast. Minimal power loss thereafter until a long drive round Dublin - 2 and a half hours with screen on for sat nav during this. 2 quick calls (5 mins each). Now at 68%. I think that's pretty good going - better than expected anyway (it's a big screen to light up for all that long time!)

Oh, and not a sniff of Mediaserver drain, despite having played Vice City since last reboot

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest Formel-LMS

Paul, ones request.

If you probably now, google has an bug in car home.

Before Jelly bean we can use car home Launcher which overrides the home key. That's a very good feature to make driving safely. This is completely gone since jelly bean.

The aokp team has a fix since m3 version of their rom.

Do you think you can implement this fix for use car drivers?

Btw Bluetooth A2dp is properly working here. I've made a full wipe before.

Guest Sn0warmy

After a full day of normal use I can report that battery life is considerably better than it was on 4.2.1. Without changing my routine I have just under 80% battery remaining right now when I normally have 40%-50%.

Very happy.

Edit: I should mention that I'm running Franco's r72 kernel with no changes to frequency settings as well.

Edited by Sn0warmy

Guest slambkny

SORRY. But I am a paid member and I've only used the kitchen once. I can never figure out how to get to it... Can some one please give me one time specific directions to get right to it???? I want to bake jr8 422. Nexus 4

Please HELP

Guest comicbookguy

SORRY. But I am a paid member and I've only used the kitchen once. I can never figure out how to get to it... Can some one please give me one time specific directions to get right to it???? I want to bake jr8 422. Nexus 4

Please HELP

its always the second post on the first page of the topic

Guest The Soup Thief

@slambkny best you access it from a pc (or mac) rather than mobile for various reasons (eg it doesn't appear through Tapatalk)

Otherwise as mentioned above, it's on page one of this thread. Should be straight forward

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guys just a quick question: coming from the previous version of Modaco with Franco Kernel (the latest), should I flash the stock kernel before upgrading to the new Modaco? I read somewhere that Franco's kernel uses a different ramdisk that needs to be reverted to stock before changing it? Thanks for any help or clarification on the matter!

Guest The Soup Thief

Naah - just flash. (well, always backup before you do anything, obviously) but I flashed this over Paul's cyanogenmod kang with a custom kernel and a custom recovery. All fine

Naah - just flash. (well, always backup before you do anything, obviously) but I flashed this over Paul's cyanogenmod kang with a custom kernel and a custom recovery. All fine

I thought so... but wanted to be reassured! Thanks! ;)

Help, I forgot to uncheck the Modaco boot logo - any quick way of flashing the default without rebaking, downloading and flashing?

Edit: Never mind - how do I delete a post??

Edited by i_maq

Guest Eruscool

Just did a fresh install without updating the baseband . everything seemed to work great but turns out I can't make any calls. I wonder if the baseband has anything to do with it.

Hey Paul,

After performing a fresh install of Jr8 and spending a few hours setting up the phone and tinkering with it, I have only found one strange issue. The brightness slider has a strange overlay on it:

88447b3f-0918-4d44-a578-d4701eb374cd_zps9e85f52f.jpg

I wiped everything 3 times before flashing and checked the MD5 sum as well. Since setting the phone up I have wiped cache, dalvik cache, and fixed permissions but the issue with the brightness slider still persists.

Aside from that everything's great for me since I don't use Bluetooth.

I get this too. Cant seem to find a way to remove it even after rebooting and reflashing. I also have odd spacing between notifications now that results in clipping. Any one have these problems too or can offer a fix?

Screenshot_2013-02-16-16-33-591.png

Edited by rpcob