Huawei Ascend G330 1GHz dual-core £100 SIM-free ICS 4.0.4

Guest Modifoid

Guest timfimjim

Yes, VGA (640x480)

gsmarena.

Nice phone btw. Too bad I already have g300 on a contract. The cpu is downclocked to 1ghz from 1.2 ghz it seems

Up To 1.2 GHz Dual-core ARM Cortex-A5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_%28system_on_chip%29

It may not necessarily be underclocked. In manufacture, some CPUs will be stable to higher speeds and will be sold for more money. The cheapest ones are the ones that aren't as good (i think)

For example: The Nexus 7 has a 1.3GHz Tegra3 but I think the Transformer Infinity has the same chip at 1.6 or 1.7GHz. Doesn't mean that you can just overclock the Nexus 7 to 1.7GHz.

I think the Nexus 7 (as it's trying to be made cheaply) it uses the 1.3GHz band of Tegra3s

Edited by timfimjim

It may not necessarily be underclocked. In manufacture, some CPUs will be stable to higher speeds and will be sold for more money. The cheapest ones are the ones that aren't as good (i think)

For example: The Nexus 7 has a 1.3GHz Tegra3 but I think the Transformer Infinity has the same chip at 1.6 or 1.7GHz. Doesn't mean that you can just overclock the Nexus 7 to 1.7GHz.

I think the Nexus 7 (as it's trying to be made cheaply) it uses the 1.3GHz band of Tegra3s

Your right.When it gets interesting is when the manufacturer either gets high yields of 'good' chips or very high sales of the 'poor' chip devices = much higher chance of getting a nice overclocker :)

Guest Ludak021

you are correct, that's why I wrote "it seems" therefore it's a possibility, not a "constant" :P Anyway, from what I've seen so far in HTC phones, they just underclock some devices so they can sell you "better" models with more speed a bit later. For instance HTC Sensation vs Sensation XE. LG on the other hand can afford to be cheap-ass company and put bad batches in their devices (they do it with LCDTVsand other stuff, why not mobile devices?) because they handle the RMA expenses better then most of manufacturers, except for samsung (maybe).