How to Root Huawei G330

Guest Urbanchina

Guest benali10

Ok, thanks got that. However when in this 'wo' state I run unlock tool and it seems to hang at 'waiting for device' as if pc not seeing phone. Any ideas?

Guest bladebuddy
Ok, thanks got that. However when in this 'wo' state I run unlock tool and it seems to hang at 'waiting for device' as if pc not seeing phone. Any ideas?

Make sure the drivers are installed and USB debugging is ticked.

This is the thread for the G330 not the G300 and I don't have a G330 so I can't really help you more than this. Sorry

Guest benali10

Ok, got there in the end. Like everything not to difficult once you've done it once. Anyway, bizarrely new os doesn't seem to have a keyboard. Spose I just download a keyboard app, yeah?

Guest Urbanchina

If you bricked your phone, download the official firmware from here. Extract the file and copy the entire dload folder to your SD card. Switch off your phone. Then press up and down + power switch together and force update. Once is done, You may want to re-root the phone with this software. After you root it, download gapps to install google play store.

Guest experiment626

Ok, got there in the end. Like everything not to difficult once you've done it once. Anyway, bizarrely new os doesn't seem to have a keyboard. Spose I just download a keyboard app, yeah?

The office huawei firmware does ..... but I used the jellybean keyboard as the character layout is better. As urban china says it may be wort keeping a copy of dload on the SD card incase the phone is bricked again similar to G300.

Then to recover he just needs to hold the v+ v- button down i.e in the middle to run the recovery. You will have to root / load CWM again but you won't have to unlock again.

Guest benali10

After installing keyboard app, I then progressed onto the problem of connecting to internet which has already been documented here, I couldn't clearly see what the fix for this was. In the end I contacted my supplier, they gave me a link to this o/s: 'anzhi_2012_06_135', although the installer is in chinese (for which I was given the instructions) once installed the o/s runs really sweet, only one chinese app for keyboard which you can delete after installing English equivalent; and so far no other glitches. Thanks for all help! :)

Guest experiment626

I was using the standard rom minus the chinese apps for a while but recently switched to the Badu based roms for the 8255d G330 and they are much more smoother worth ago if you like to tweak your phone. There is a similar topic in here for the g300 and the process is very similar to remove alot of the chinese apps you can find the rom on www.romzj.com

I am using the offical version 2.0 rom which I found to be better then the more recent 2.1 version just out for chinese new year. Worth doing a nandriod backup of your apps and restoring them once you have flashed the new rom.

Guest Urbanchina

According to the China largest android community forum www.anzhi.com, some talented developer is working on jellybean 4.1 for G330D. Is in alpha stage atm, expected for public test on March/April.

Edited by Urbanchina

Guest Urbanchina

While browsing on anzhi.com, I have found a this recovery software that fix my phone charging problem. my phone goes into recovery mode whenever I charge it while switch off. The installer is in Chinese, but CMW is in English. To install :

1. Switch of fastboot in settings
  2. Check USB debugging in developer settings
  3. Switch off the phone.
  4. Press volume down + power switch for 10+ second until it appear to stop on 'Wo' screen.
  5. Connect your USB cable
  6. Double click the exe file
  7. When a dos window appear
  8. just press enter > space bar until your phone restart.

Guest experiment626

Thanks urban china that version of cwm does cure the problem with charging the phone when it is off which has always annoyed me since I got the phone and used the 6.0.1.2 version of cwm which was the only version I could find.

Thanks urban china that version of cwm does cure the problem with charging the phone when it is off which has always annoyed me since I got the phone and used the 6.0.1.2 version of cwm which was the only version I could find.

Try 6.0.2.7 here maybe?

http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-1601/

or maybe even TWRP?

http://www.modaco.co...u8818-11022013/

Edited by dalyer

• 4 months later...
Guest gilli.amu

I fear this thread may be dead, but worth a try..

Can anyone report on Dual SIM usage with the G330-D ?

I can't get the second slot to activate and haven't been able to enable any SIM in it.

Is there a trick or any suggestions ??

thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Brucews

I fear this thread may be dead, but worth a try..

Can anyone report on Dual SIM usage with the G330-D ?

I can't get the second slot to activate and haven't been able to enable any SIM in it.

Is there a trick or any suggestions ??

thanks

I have been using the dual sim version G330d with a talktalk sim and Samba data sim with no problems. Just the usual problem of network location not updated when in maps etc.

Bruce