[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

I've only dealt with them once but I found DealsPrime OK.

At first they did not reply to my queries about my order remaining "pending" for a week after ordering but soon after the item shipped.

After that I found them very responsive to queries.

The price was good and the (standard) delivery time was what I expected - about 4 weeks.

i got a refund within a day of asking, responses have always been fast and the first few times ordering they where great.

But like the other 8 Chinese company's i have tried in the past with no success, including merimobiles,

when they have no stock they just lie and try to make you wait, they also don't change the websites to say stuff are out of stock,

so you never actually know until you try. however merimobiles seem to have changed now and are more honest about stock, judging from there site.

My advice is avoid all Chinese sites, unless you have "plenty" of time to waste and not in a hurry, especially if its a new device with high demand... 

i also do not recommend anyone wait longer than 4 weeks without a tracking number as then you will be very close to no longer been covered by paypal

which without, i don't think most of these people would refund you, and then who knows if they would actually send it.

I bought a tablet off them and it was a pile of crap, when I tried to get any help from THEIR forum apad.tv, they just banned me and refused to answer any emails sent to their email address. I can put up with slow deliveries, and questionable stock availability but they seem to have set up the apad.tv forum to deliberately mislead people and anyone that complains just gets banned and their 'negative' posts get removed.

Is there any app yet that will over clock the 6589 phones?

I'm glad I picked a better supported phone this time round the talk 5H has 7 roms for it and now an official Miui rom  :)

I bought a tablet off them and it was a pile of crap, when I tried to get any help from THEIR forum apad.tv, they just banned me and refused to answer any emails sent to their email address. I can put up with slow deliveries, and questionable stock availability but they seem to have set up the apad.tv forum to deliberately mislead people and anyone that complains just gets banned and their 'negative' posts get removed.

Without paypal i doubt any of them would issue refunds :( guessing you never used paypal that time?  

l

Anybody succeeded to get this Deal?

Nah :-/ . I tried both and many others with no luck. All gone in under 2 sec. I forgot to log once, with another one I actually clicked in time but when I had selected the bundle, the item was already marked as sold. Guess those chineese are too quick for me. :) I managed to win one $30 coupon for $15 though. :) Damn, those would have been very good christmas presents.

Edited by ovecka

Guest apple2005

@dakok: today ultimately I received my Neken N6 from antilife.com... It is a fantastic phone... From the packing itself one can presume that Neken will soon be a first tier company... It is very well built and the screen is very bright and vibrant colours... When you first posted, I saw miui ROM for Neken N6 at miui.com but now I couldn't find it. Will you help me to locat the miui ROM (official)? thanks. Edit: I found the official ROM. Thanks

Edited by apple2005

Hi Need a bit of help  :(

My Cube talk 5H is great but the recovery they did will not backup on my version of the phone.

For some reason the first batch is ok but not the phones after. I can clear\flash\mount ok but can't backup.

So is there any other way that I can back the rom and restore it if I need to?

Thanks.

I have been on the cube forum and someone did a CMW but that has the same problem  :(

merry x-mas to you all.

@dakok: today ultimately I received my Neken N6 from antilife.com... It is a fantastic phone... From the packing itself one can presume that Neken will soon be a first tier company... It is very well built and the screen is very bright and vibrant colours...

When you first posted, I saw miui ROM for Neken N6 at miui.com but now I couldn't find it. Will you help me to locat the miui ROM (official)? thanks.

http://en.miui.com/thread-7898-1-1.html    that the one?  I've had MIUI for a bit now but if you take or add anything mine won't update Grrrr

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/neken-n6-miui/  just make sure it gets updated every Friday after noon or it's a wast of time.

Edited by deuse

Guest fjellape159

Could someone recommend a new chinese phone for me. I have a budged of 290$( shipping not included). I'm not sure if I should wait for more phone with MT6582 or pick up one with MT6589T. My sort of priorities:
1. 4.5-5" display
2. 720p or 1080p (would prefer 720p, as I think 1080p is really not necessary for me) 

3. Reasonable battery size (deosn't matter if non removable)

4.Sturdy build.

5.Dev support would be pretty cool. (I like MIUI, but having other choices is always a win win situation)

I've seen so many phone and manufacturers but I'm not sure which ones are reputable. Any input is a welcome.

Edited by fjellape159

Guest Maringer

Sounds like a Xiaomi Hongmi would probably be a good option for you. Very good build quality, decent spec, excellent software support (MIUI).

Make sure you get a WCDMA one, however (assuming that is the network used in your country).

I've never used one of these myself, by the way. I'm just mentioning what I've read about this phone online.

Other users may be able to recommend other phones.

Could someone recommend a new chinese phone for me. I have a budged of 290$( shipping not included). I'm not sure if I should wait for more phone with MT6582 or pick up one with MT6589T. My sort of priorities:
1. 4.5-5" display
2. 720p or 1080p (would prefer 720p, as I think 1080p is really not necessary for me) 

4.Sturdy build.

5.Dev support would be pretty cool. (I like MIUI, but having other choices is always a win win situation)

I've seen so many phone and manufacturers but I'm not sure which ones are reputable. Any input is a welcome.

1. 4.5-5" display

4.Sturdy build.

Motorola moto G ticks all those boxes and beats the MTK6589T devices, if your are fine with max 16GB storage

plus it will have AOSP based roms (CM, PAC, AOKP, etc) as they are in the process of uploading the source this week, porting miui will also be possible,

and custom kernels, not to mention the 4.4 update in January, you can get it for £119 from tesco and £2 to unlock 

only problem is, its rather hard to get hold of one right now as the demand is extremely high, lucky i managed to grab one last Sunday  :)

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mobile-motorola-moto-g-16gb-black/398-8016.prd?skuId=398-8016&fromRV=true

£10 off code: TDX-7DXM

Motorola are owned by Google so i would Imagen they will be kept up to date quite well, and be one of the best supported phones after the nexus  

Specs:

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-5831.php

Guest fjellape159

I was considering the moto g but I still can't get it in my country unless I buy it online. I do like the Hongmi too. These are probably the two I would pick from (I'm open for options though). 

For me:
Cons of Moto G: no support of microSD, poor camera (as of I have read) not sure how it compares with my G300

Cons of Hongmi: probable GPS problems 

On a side note. I'm hesitating as more and more CH phone manufacturers are releasing source code (Faea did it few days ago). MT6852 is still a very new product so not sure how it fairs up in GPS department.... 

I was considering the moto g but I still can't get it in my country unless I buy it online. I do like the Hongmi too. These are probably the two I would pick from (I'm open for options though). 

For me:

Cons of Moto G: no support of microSD, poor camera (as of I have read) not sure how it compares with my G300

Cons of Hongmi: probable GPS problems 

On a side note. I'm hesitating as more and more CH phone manufacturers are releasing source code (Faea did it few days ago). MT6852 is still a very new product so not sure how it fairs up in GPS department.... 

there is quite a good work around for the non sdcard on devices like the moto G, take a look at this, 

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366727-mini-microsd-card-reader-for-android/

16gb was fine for me though on the nexus 4, and i always have a load of games installed.

and from what  i have seen of the camera it looks quite good to be honest, looking at these here (can't say for my self as i have not received it yet)

http://www.modaco.com/topic/366705-picture-quality/

apparently battery life is very good as well 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2538691

Guest fjellape159

The pictures do look impressive, for a phone in that price range. Battery performance is good too. This is just soooo tempting :D 
i don't wanna rush into it. Made a mistake in life recently by rushing into things. But yea I think I'll get the Moto G and just buy that mini microSD reader. After Christmas I'll have some spare money then. Tillaz would you be willing to make a review of the Moto G when you'll get it?

Thanks for help, I'll give you +1
@Maringer gets +1 too.

Thanks both of you :)

Guest apple2005

http://en.miui.com/thread-7898-1-1.html that the one? I've had MIUI for a bit now but if you take or add anything mine won't update Grrrr

http://www.needrom.com/mobile/neken-n6-miui/ just make sure it gets updated every Friday after noon or it's a wast of time.

Thanks deuse for your reply. The one you pointed is the unofficial one which are usually ported ROMs. The official, I found is this one:

www.miui.com/extra.php?mod=download/rom&fid=350

Go down the page and you will find the ROM for Neken N6.

How did you root it? And also custom recovery please. Thanks.

Thanks deuse for your reply. The one you pointed is the unofficial one which are usually ported ROMs. The official, I found is this one:

www.miui.com/extra.php?mod=download/rom&fid=350

Go down the page and you will find the ROM for Neken N6.

How did you root it? And also custom recovery please. Thanks.

Miui is already rooted. There are loads of programs like MTKEasyRoot

Guest apple2005

Miui is already rooted. There are loads of programs like MTKEasyRoot

I know that miui ROM is already rooted but how you install miui ROM without root and custom recovery? What recovery is already installed? Thanks.

The pictures do look impressive, for a phone in that price range. Battery performance is good too. This is just soooo tempting :D 

i don't wanna rush into it. Made a mistake in life recently by rushing into things. But yea I think I'll get the Moto G and just buy that mini microSD reader. After Christmas I'll have some spare money then. Tillaz would you be willing to make a review of the Moto G when you'll get it?

Thanks for help, I'll give you +1

@Maringer gets +1 too.

Thanks both of you :)

Sure i can post my opinion on it when it arrives, but there are loads of video reviews of it on YouTube already, it was watching these that made me decided to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Motorola+Moto+G+&sm=3

I know that miui ROM is already rooted but how you install miui ROM without root and custom recovery? What recovery is already installed? Thanks.

Sorry I don't have your phone so I have no idea where you would find a recovery.

Still looking for away to backup my rom with out recovery.

Guest apple2005

Mr dakok is very expert in Chinese phones. He will definitely help me to find something for me. I don't know where is he now? He has disappeared as everybody else... Hahaha

Guest richardj

I bought the More Fine S6 Pro about a month ago from Deals Prime, had no problems with them at all. The phone is fantastic. Has anyone else bought this phone? I'm trying to find a root for it but not had much luck so far.

Mr dakok is very expert in Chinese phones. He will definitely help me to find something for me. I don't know where is he now? He has disappeared as everybody else... Hahaha

I'm still alive and well :). I will look into it today when I get home.

Edited by dakok