Amoi N828 - 2 independent versions

UMI x2

Xiaocai X9

Jiayu G4 - 2 independent versions

ET100 / T45E

Migo Vivi G9200

Neo (Rio) N003 has a beta (probably ported rom):

http://bbs.neomobile.com.cn/thread-77148-1-1.html

I thought that ZTE phones v967s and v987 were identical (except for camera and screen resolution)

but there is a huge difference in screen quality, too.

ZTE v987 has much better blacks and color reproduction.

According to official specs the v967s is also 4mm thicker than the v987, I suppose then that the Nillkin super frosted shield for v987: http://www.nillkin.c...&id=3138&page=1 would not fit it, even though some Ebay sellers claim otherwise: http://www.ebay.com/...=item4612a49199.

Has anyone tried it on the v967s?

Edited by SYR2

Guest Frankish

Here is a list of MTK6589 phones supported (unofficially) by MIUI:

ZTE v970

ZTE v967s - 2 independent versions

ZTE v987 - 2 independent versions

Vowney v5 / Verne v5

ZOPO C2

GFive Big 7

Lenovo A830

Lenovo P780

Huawei G700

UMI x2

Xiaocai X9

ET100 / T45E

Migo Vivi G9200

http://bbs.neomobile...-77148-1-1.html

Is Xiaocai X9 not official? What makes it official? It is available from the miui.com site where only a small selection of phones are? Pretty sure it isn't a port.

Width difference between two phones is:

9.6 - 9.2 = 0.4 mm

It is near this line thickness: __________

Haha yeah of course 0.4 mm, 9.6 cm would make a rather thick phone! :D I suppose that is a negligible difference..

Is Xiaocai X9 not official? What makes it official? It is available from the miui.com site where only a small selection of phones are? Pretty sure it isn't a port.

This MKT MIUI roms are not official. It doesn`t mean they are bad or something.

Some call them "semi-official".

There is no official MIUI rom for dual-sim phones yet.

I think they (mtk dual sim) will have official rom by next spring.

This semi-official roms are not ports, they are made by experienced miui developers (1-2 developing

years if I remember that correctly).

Guest Maringer

Didn't get chance to test the GPS on my Xiaocai X9. I have however rooted it and installed the official MIUI from miui.com. It's beautiful and the phone is fantastic. The MIUI rom has all dual sim features working too which i didn't expect. Got my 3 contract sim in and my Ovivo one too just for fun.

Do the MIUI messaging and dialler apps support the use of both SIMs at the moment?

I knew development of support for dual-SIM was underway with MIUI but don't know how far they have got as yet.

Guest Frankish

I've not actually tested by calling or texting but when I put both sims in there are two buttons to select which number to call or text from in dialer and messaging. It detected the correct network for the second sim I can test if you want with a call or text?

Also tested the GPS on the way to work today I gave it 5 minutes before I gave up it jumped all over the place. Not tried any of the proposed fixes yet as GPS really isn't something I care about as long as it gets rough location.

Edited by Frankish

Guest metal.mickey

any one havingprobs with the mtk drivers. i cant seem to get abd to listmy device therefore no cwm or backups. ive tried USBDeview to remove

the original driver but the reinstalled driver lists my K1as a htc device.

any ideas. ive dloaded mtk drivers zip and selected the location to install itfrom.

MM

Guest Maringer

Ah, good.

Somebody (in China, I presume) has ported a version of MIUI to the FAEA F1 I own and I wouldn't mind trying it out, but I'm not sure if both SIMs are supported as yet. The F1 uses a Qualcomm chipset so I'm not particularly expecting perfect compatibility with the dual-SIM MIUI as yet which is designed for MTK chips, I believe. At least this indicates support should be do-able, so to speak! Not sure how NFC support will be progressing with MIUI V5 yet, either.

Unfortunately, there isn't a stable CWM for the F1 as yet (I think) so I'm not willing to try out the MIUI, being unsure I could restore a backup.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I really really like the LG G2 :o the ultrathin bezel looks amazing :D I really hope the nexus 5 will be based on that phone. What chinese phones allready have LTE? I dont seem to find any if the xiaomi mi3 wont have tis i will try to find an other phone that will get official MIUI support :D

The Beidou "Spring Onion" (another $130 phone) is launched tomorrow in China with WCDMA support. Hopefully not too long before its available internationally.

"Sales for the ‘Spring Onion’ start tomorrow in China at 10am. The 799 Yuan Android phone comes equipped with a 1.5Ghz MT6589T quad-core Mediatek SoC, China Unicom WCDMA support (which is compatible with some international carriers), dual SIM, 1GB RAM, 8GB memory, 5-inch 720p display, 8 mega-pixel camera and 2000mAh battery."

Full article here: http://www.gizchina.com/2013/09/11/beidou-big-k-another-130-mt6589t-china-wcdma-support/

Guest Degurney

Good news Franki :)

Oh and an update on my time with merimobiles...

Today I get a refund????? wtf... so I chat to them... she says to re-order and we`ll give you a free case.. I`m about to order and 5 minutes later she says they are out of stock again ( I`m reckoning they were already out of stock and she messed up )

So ordered with dealsprime ( same as you Franki? ) I`m guessing it didn`t come pre-rooted?? also didn`t see any options to add stuff like on merimobiles...

oh well..

Guest Frankish

Yeah not much in the way of options. Rooting is so easy its unbelievable if you are on windows I'm going to write a short guide with a link to the drivers, recovery and root tool. I'm just wondering where I could get a case from and screen protectors at the minute but for the price not that bothered.

Guest metal.mickey

youll have to checkout ali express for a case/protector. i scoured the local phone shops for a jelly case or wallet that might fit but no joy.

i lrdered one froma guy callsd blair lin on ali express. he conifrmed my order on sunday and am now awaiting china post

Here is a list of MTK6589 phones supported (unofficially) by MIUI:

ZTE v970

ZTE v967s - 2 independent versions

ZTE v987 - 2 independent versions

Vowney v5 / Verne v5

ZOPO C2

GFive Big 7

Lenovo A830

Lenovo P780

Huawei G700

UMI x2

Xiaocai X9

ET100 / T45E

Migo Vivi G9200

http://bbs.neomobile.com.cn/thread-77148-1-1.html

please what do u mean by independent versions

It is like you have Xiaocai X9 and you need to buy a battery for it.

Now you can choose between MEGA battery and THUNDER battery.

They are made in two independent factories, by two independent engineer teams.

Or something...