Guest andy/newbie

yeah, its great for the price and made by a well known manufacture

4.5 inch IPS display

Snapdragon MSM8225 Dual-core 1.2GHz

HSPA+

Android 4.0

records 720p video

2000mAh battery

beats the G300 by quite a lot for the same price, not sure about custom roms but you can have them send it pre-rooted

you can see better pictures of it here https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=643

its the same specks as g510 only ics though

Edited by andy/newbie

@datok

There is a clone phone to the vowney v5 that is called the m5. Would it possible to find the original rom of this phone to compare with the viwney one? Thx in advance

Interesting find, on the outside - Mogu M5 looks just like Vowney v5.

Mogu M5:

mogum5.jpg

Vowney v5:

2013-06-27-0153236502.jpg

Manufacturer 

Forum

Forum

Couldn`t find m5 rom there. :(

Original name: 蘑菇M5

Guest Armadillo1

Hey. 

I haven't followed this discussion much since I got a Nexus 4. 

I'm now looking for a cheap as chips phone to be used while biking. So, as there's a high risk of breaking it while riding a bike and it'll only be used for a couple of apps I'm thinking £30-40.

Obviously GPS needs to work flawlessly. Any recommendations? 

Guest dalyer

Exactly. There is an English guide in one of my posts that can be easily followed (a PDF with polish and english language guide). Root is as easy as it can be using one-click eRoot (mentioned in the guide). The rest is a classic CWM work.

EDIT: oops. I posted the guide link in some weird way. The address shown was correct but the link itself wasn't. I's now been corrected. Sorry 'bout that. :)

Thanks a lot. Rooted and got CWM installed but I'm too tired to go the full hog and install the JB 4.1.2 ROM just now so maybe tomorrow.

I was worried about talk elsewhere of there only being a Chinese language CWM available but the one that you linked to is thankfully the English 6.0.1.5.

Did you or somebody else mention additional mods that can be flashed - in particular a battery optimization one? Any links?

Thanks again! :-)

Hi ovecka - I got that JB 4.1.2 ROM installed but it doesn't want to switch on wifi for me... :-( I did all CWM wipes/formats before installing and did a CWM factory reset before booting it but no joy. I did a second install of the ROM with all wipes/formats just in case but same. No wifi at all. Even the MAC address is blank. 

I was able to use wifi on the original preinstalled (Qihoo +360) ICS ROM but when I restored my backup of that wifi no longer works there either. :-( 

Any ideas... HELP! :-(

Edit: I installed the JB 4.1.2 ROM from this Spanish forum (http://www.movilesdualsim.com/threads/rom-haier-w910-4-1-2-versi%C3%B3n-2-xx-con-superuser-y-playstore-castellano.40695/) and now wifi works!?! I'll play around with this a bit more and see if I can figure it out. As far as I can see there are a few JB (all 4.1.2?) ROMS available - the one that you posted (Czech forum?), the one from the Spanish forum, another one on a Polish forum and the one on the PandaWill forum. Some of these could be the same. I'll try to collate a list of links/ROMs...

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

did someone on here just get the Haier w910 ? if so any chance of posting some benchmarks ?

Sorry about the delay.

I'm running this JB 4.1.2 ROM right now: http://www.movilesdualsim.com/threads/rom-haier-w910-4-1-2-versión-2-xx-con-superuser-y-playstore-castellano.40695/

I ran AnTuTu 4.0.3 and it gave 16313 and ranked it between the HTC One X and Google Nexus 4.

Judging by the barcharts it scored significantly better than these two on the 3D tests which I guess is down to the GPU.

I'm not that familiar with other benchmark tools (and I realise that synthetic benchmark results must be treated with caution) but I also ran these:

LinPack 1.2.8

Run single thread MFLOPS = 142.817 time = 0.59 secs 

Run multi-thread MFLOPS = 299.054 time = 0.56 secs

I tried using 3DMark but at a glance couldn't see a result score...  :blush:

Hope this helps

Guest ovecka

Hi ovecka - I got that JB 4.1.2 ROM installed but it doesn't want to switch on wifi for me... :-( I did all CWM wipes/formats before installing and did a CWM factory reset before booting it but no joy. I did a second install of the ROM with all wipes/formats just in case but same. No wifi at all. Even the MAC address is blank. 

I was able to use wifi on the original preinstalled (Qihoo +360) ICS ROM but when I restored my backup of that wifi no longer works there either. :-( 

Any ideas... HELP! :-(

Edit: I installed the JB 4.1.2 ROM from this Spanish forum (http://www.movilesdualsim.com/threads/rom-haier-w910-4-1-2-versi%C3%B3n-2-xx-con-superuser-y-playstore-castellano.40695/) and now wifi works!?! I'll play around with this a bit more and see if I can figure it out. As far as I can see there are a few JB (all 4.1.2?) ROMS available - the one that you posted (Czech forum?), the one from the Spanish forum, another one on a Polish forum and the one on the PandaWill forum. Some of these could be the same. I'll try to collate a list of links/ROMs...

That's weird. I haven't got any problems with wi-fi whatsoever. I've got no idea what can cause that. :( It's good that the Spanish one works for you. 

Guest akarana

Interesting find, on the outside - Mogu M5 looks just like Vowney v5.

Mogu M5:

Original name: 蘑菇M5

Original name: mushroom (as a noun), or dawdle (as a verb)

Aah, that Chinese sense of humor again ...

Guest george109
At least it's not Penis again... :D
Can somebody explain what this penis thing is about? I feel left out of a joke! :unsure: :P Edited by george109

Guest dalyer
Guest george109
Guest Frankish

How long does this Chinese holiday last? I am getting impatient waiting for my W200. 2 weeks and 4 days still not tracking on parcel force site.

Guest dalyer

Is it not the Moon Festival? In which case it should be over now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

For what it's worth I ordered my Haier W910 from DealsPrime on 6th September, it shipped on 19th September (after I had to chase them about it) and it arrived in Ireland on 2nd October.

But that was by Singapore Post so maybe that has nothing to do with the Chinese (or SE Asian?) holiday at all... 

Edited by dalyer

Guest Frankish

Well my blue and green cases arrived today from merimobiles. Ordered 18th September. Really happy with them although the packaging is all cracked the products are fine.

Is there a MIUI rom available for the THL W200 ? Did not see it on the list posted earlier in the thread.

Found this http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?22741-Thl-w200-miui-rom when I googled but not sure whether to trust it!!

Am leaning towards keeping the THL W200 (over the MLAIS MX58 Air) as the GPS seems to be a lot better on the W200, but the MX58 Air has gorilla glass which might get tested by toddler who is fond of playing with it!!

EDIT: spent a bit longer searching and found one on here: http://en.miui.com/thread-7898-1-1.html

Edited by SG8

Guest shweeney

Where did you buy it?

Focalprice - was on offer for $160 at the end of September.

Keep me posted with th K1. Id be interested ingetting Cwm installed on mine.

ClockworkMod, or Cyanogenmod?

Edited by shweeney