• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Rows of small black dots.

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi all i have gotten the G300 for my GF for xmas and when turning it to make sure it worked i noticed that they is rows of dots with maybes 5 mm space between each one and it covers the full screen this is only visible when titled at an angle to describe them would be like very fine pin prick holes.

Also when the screen is bright white i can see them faintly but not all it depends on the viewing angle.

I done a Google and it says that its the digitizers matrix the thing that understands your touch.

Everyone's the same? Just making sure this is normal for the screen as i have never noticed them on my sg2.

Also sorry if this question has been asked multiple times.

Cheers x

Edited by Trevstan

Posted · Report post

Yep, mine is the same too. It is just how the digitiser is made. Some are made using other methods so you may not see the fine dots. My X5 did not have them, but my u8150 and now the g300 do.

Posted · Report post

Those are the wires that sense touch. It's what works capacitive screens.

Posted · Report post

yep, same here. gotten used to them now. never noticed them on my HTC wildfire but screen smaller etc.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks puts my mind at ease :)!

Hope you all have a good xmas x

Edited by Trevstan

Posted · Report post

that is normal on a ips screen.........

Posted · Report post

You stop noticing them after a while...

Posted · Report post

I can only see them on a white screen, but you definitely don't stop noticing them.

Posted · Report post

yes you only can see them on a white screen or with light but i got used to it