smaje

need larger system partition

7 posts in this topic

Hi

To upgrade to Kosta's CM-10.1 I need the /system partition to be 160Mb. So I try flashing

blade_wbaw_gen2_firmware_v10_custom.zip

in clockworkmod recovery (6.0.1.2).

However it doesn't work: I get

-- Installing: /sdcard/blade_wbaw......zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Installation aborted.

Any ideas what's wrong?

My phone is a Gen1 Blade, updated to Gen2 via TPT (I have CM 9.0 installed and working fine).

Should I downgrade to Gen1 first?

Thanks for any suggestions.

J

ps I also tried flashing the TPT as in the instructions on

but if I hold power + volume up + menu I get the blue CyanogenMod android guy, and it hangs.

(And power + volume up has the same effect)

pps the Blade Checker App says

European Blade (512MB RAM) detected

TPT Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected

Use Gen 1 style TPTs

Current partition sizes:

System: 138MB

Data: 316MB

Cache: 2MB

Edited by smaje

I think you are trying to install a TPT through recovery. This is not possible. You need to follow exactly these instructions: look under flashing a TPT.

That should help

Thanks Hydo1

I can't get any joy from the "power+vol up+menu" combination. I tried that first. My Blade just shows that CyanogenMod startup screen (Blue man/android) and hangs.

Is there any other way of increasing the partition size of the /system folder?

Thanks

There is no other way of resizing the system partition size other than a TPT.

Are you sure that you have extracted the zip file (for the TPT) to the root of your SD card so there is an image directory on it?

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had done everything right, but there must have been something wrong! I have just downloaded a different TPT - from Amphora's TPT Helper App. It's the v10a one (with the necessary 160Mb /system partition), and now it seems to be working. I'm just setting it up now.

Thanks again

J

--

Edit: I think the problem was that the original TPT I was trying to install (see OP) was a Gen2 TPT and not Gen1 -> Gen2. Luckily, trying to flash the wrong TPT didn't brick my phone.

Edited by smaje

Thanks for your reply. I thought I had done everything right, but there must have been something wrong! I have just downloaded a different TPT - from Amphora's TPT Helper App. It's the v10a one (with the necessary 160Mb /system partition), and now it seems to be working. I'm just setting it up now.

Thanks again

J

--

Edit: I think the problem was that the original TPT I was trying to install (see OP) was a Gen2 TPT and not Gen1 -> Gen2. Luckily, trying to flash the wrong TPT didn't brick my phone.

So your phone is sorted then?

Yes thanks. Works fine.

Thanks