Unlocking G300 after installing custom ROM

Guest Pezza4u

Guest Pezza4u

Got my new G300 today, great phone! :D I had already read the guide on updating the ROM and removing all of the Vodafone crap etc so dived straight in and finished it all, works perfectly. It's still locked though and was going to buy a code but it doesn't ask you for it anymore when the phone starts up.

Does this mean I need to go back to stock ROM to unlock it before putting CM9 back on? Or is there a way to enter the unlock code when using CM9?

If I follow these instructions on the guide for installing the official ICS will this work? I used the guide to install CM9 so all the other steps should still be on there.

http://huaweig300.co...the-custom-rom/

Yeah, you need to go back to a stock ROM to unlock the phone. To save time

- Do a nandroid backup of your current rom

- Flash a stock ICS rom

- Unlock the phone using your code

- restore back to the nandroid backup

Guest Pezza4u

Thanks. Don't think I need to bother with the backup do I as I've not set anything up on the phone yet?

Got a problem though and I can't get it to connect as USB storage. I have tried on Windows 7 and Mac OS X...the phone doesn't ask to connect as mass storage but the SD card is inserted correctly and the phone recognises it.

Edited by Pezza4u

Guest Pezza4u

Yeah, you need to go back to a stock ROM to unlock the phone. To save time

- Do a nandroid backup of your current rom

- Flash a stock ICS rom

- Unlock the phone using your code

- restore back to the nandroid backup

I thought I would ask this as I'm a complete noob to custom ROMs but to create a backup do I go into CWM, choose backup and restore, then backup? Do I need to copy the backup to my computer afterwards?

Also what exactly is getting backed up, just the custom settings or apps as well?

Yeah, just go to CWM and go to backup and restore.

The 'backup' will backup the WHOLE system. If you then restore it, your phone will be at the exact same state as the backup.