• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HELP!!! - Getting Clockwork recovery back

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi I got a bit greedy and installed

Obviously its not for my model phone (my phones a crescent) and Clockwork recovery no longer boots. I get the Android logo and the frount LED stays on red. (ParanoidAndroid loads fine)

I've tried re-installing via the clockwork app but get the same problem

I was going to try getting clockwork back by doing this

but I cant find that option under Paranoid Android

I've also tried this

clockinstall.bat finds the phone but AGAIN I get the same problem on reboot

It seems it like it cant boot anything other than the os

.........Dunno.......Out of ideas

Posted (edited)

Why would you install something that's clearly not for your phone?

No matter.

You're gonna have to start from scratch again and if you've not backed up your rom then you're gonna lose that too. Just follow the instructions from one of the topics on this forum and install clockwork from scratch

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Posted

Why would you install something that's clearly not for your phone?

No matter.

You're gonna have to start from scratch again and if you've not backed up your rom then you're gonna lose that too. Just follow the instructions from one of the topics on this forum and install clockwork from scratch

He's not going to lose his ROM at all.

A fastboot erase and flash with the correct image should be enough.

Posted

So while I'm at work and wont be able to do this I wanted to check.

I'll wipe it using

then install

I dont want to remove the bootloader and left in more s***

Posted (edited)

Hey so I'm trying to wipe it but I need to get into booloader/fastboot mode. When I try to get into bootloader/fastboot mode

I get the same screen .......

Edited by cramhead

Posted (edited)

have you tried flashing it from terminal emulator. just put the recovery img on the sdcard, open the terminal type su.

you'll get #

type. flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

Edited by plegdroid