Mobile Update

Guest MrPuddington

Guest Biohead

You seem to think that getting the keys to the bootloader is going to be easy... it's almost impossible I assure you.

1) Intel's labs are going to be locked down pretty hard - it ain't getting out of there

2) I bet Orange/Xolo don't have the keys to the bootloader - they create their ROM then send it to Intel to sign - can't get it through those either

3) The OSD/X900 is a relatively low selling item - the top phone hackers simply won't bother with it

Guest techosdkid

post-1010367-0-25351700-1367153624_thumb

I had a chat with another Orange adviser,And they told me that, Jelly Bean 4.1 could come out on the, 3rd May however, to be honest i'll doubt it ,but My fingers are crossed.

Edited by techosdkid

Guest techosdkid

I had a chat with another Orange adviser,And they told me that, Jelly Bean 4.1 could come out on the, 3rd May however, to be honest i'll doubt it ,but My fingers are crossed.

Im doubting it,because apparently the xolo x900, won't get the Jelly Bean 4.1 update, but that doesn't mean that the, Orange San Diego will not get it.

http://www.phonestabs.com/2013/04/22/list-of-xolo-smartphone-to-get-jelly-bean-update-released/

Guest manishmalikkvs

Im doubting it,because apparently the xolo x900, won't get the Jelly Bean 4.1 update, but that doesn't mean that the, Orange San Diego will not get it.

http://www.phonestabs.com/2013/04/22/list-of-xolo-smartphone-to-get-jelly-bean-update-released/

The website you mentioned is not trust worthy. As it direct to the source (at the bottom of that Page) and no where written on that website that x900 will never recieve jb update.

I had contacted xolo care several times over telephone and email they never say that x900 will not receive jb update. I remember in their official twitter account they mentioned xolo will get the jb. It's that they don't have the exact or tentative date of launch of jb(may be they don't want to share the date as it would irritate them(by customers) if they won't be able to provide update on the mentioned date (may be experienced gained from ics update ;p )

Guest Andymac1969

I got a very similar response from them

Your recent Orange chat

General Info Chat start time Apr 28, 2013 11:31:33 AM EST Chat end time Apr 28, 2013 11:38:05 AM EST Duration (actual chatting time) 00:06:31 Operator Wendy

Chat Transcript info: Please wait as we connect you to an Orange UK advisor

info: You're now chatting to Wendy.

Wendy: You are about to be connected to a new connection sales advisor for Orange UK.

Please note they do not have access to existing customer details and cannot process upgrades or queries related to an existing Orange UK account. If you have a query of this nature please contact customer services on 150 from your Orange handset.

Hello, you're chatting to Wendy. I am part of the dedicated Orange Online Sales Team. How can I help you with your new order?

Wendy: Hi Andrew,how are you doing today?

Andrew: I'm fine thank you

Andrew: I was just wondering, I was thinking of buying the San Diego, and I was just wondering if there is going to be an update to Jelly Bean for it?

Wendy: I will certainly help you with that.

Wendy: Yes, you can upgrade the version to Jelly bean.

Andrew: Do you know when this will be out?

Wendy: It will be available with us in couple of weeks.

Andrew: That's wonderful, will this be an OTA or via the PC when I have the phone?

Wendy: It will be via phone.

Andrew: Brilliant, what i'll do is pop into my local EE store tomorrow and get one, you have been very helpful, thank you

Wendy: Thank you for chatting with us today. You can rate my services at the end of this chat by simply clicking the 'End Chat' button.

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest techosdkid

I got a very similar response from them

Your recent Orange chat

General Info Chat start time Apr 28, 2013 11:31:33 AM EST Chat end time Apr 28, 2013 11:38:05 AM EST Duration (actual chatting time) 00:06:31 Operator Wendy

Chat Transcript info: Please wait as we connect you to an Orange UK advisor

info: You're now chatting to Wendy.

Wendy: You are about to be connected to a new connection sales advisor for Orange UK.

Please note they do not have access to existing customer details and cannot process upgrades or queries related to an existing Orange UK account. If you have a query of this nature please contact customer services on 150 from your Orange handset.

Hello, you're chatting to Wendy. I am part of the dedicated Orange Online Sales Team. How can I help you with your new order?

Wendy: Hi Andrew,how are you doing today?

Andrew: I'm fine thank you

Andrew: I was just wondering, I was thinking of buying the San Diego, and I was just wondering if there is going to be an update to Jelly Bean for it?

Wendy: I will certainly help you with that.

Wendy: Yes, you can upgrade the version to Jelly bean.

Andrew: Do you know when this will be out?

Wendy: It will be available with us in couple of weeks.

Andrew: That's wonderful, will this be an OTA or via the PC when I have the phone?

Wendy: It will be via phone.

Andrew: Brilliant, what i'll do is pop into my local EE store tomorrow and get one, you have been very helpful, thank you

Wendy: Thank you for chatting with us today. You can rate my services at the end of this chat by simply clicking the 'End Chat' button.

So it does look like that, Jelly Bean 4.1 could come out as an update, for the Orange San Diego

Guest xolo x900_2

Guys I have confessions to make and also provide happy news...

If you guys didn't know I'm XOLO X900 and XOLO X900_1 (hence the name) the guy who posted that jb would be out on March 10, April 25 and so on...

All those dates where given to me by some friends I in made inside xolo but all those turned out wrong... I know you are angry at me... At least some of you... But I just did what every blabber mouth did.... And I'm seriously sorry... The good news is that from now on there won't be such posts as the guys at xolo told never to call them again and just to check the sites.... When there is news it'll come...

Also the list given is not official the guy who wrote the blog doesn't know even if a phone like x900 exists... :-P

Any way the list is also wrong as a1000 and q800 has jb out of the box...

So there is still hope and XOLO and one of the "so called frnd" told me jb is soon and hence the date 25th(xolo didn't give a date)

Guest glossywhite

Guys I have confessions to make and also provide happy news...

If you guys didn't know I'm XOLO X900 and XOLO X900_1 (hence the name) the guy who posted that jb would be out on March 10, April 25 and so on...

All those dates where given to me by some friends I in made inside xolo but all those turned out wrong... I know you are angry at me... At least some of you... But I just did what every blabber mouth did.... And I'm seriously sorry... The good news is that from now on there won't be such posts as the guys at xolo told never to call them again and just to check the sites.... When there is news it'll come...

Also the list given is not official the guy who wrote the blog doesn't know even if a phone like x900 exists... :-P

Any way the list is also wrong as a1000 and q800 has jb out of the box...

So there is still hope and XOLO and one of the "so called frnd" told me jb is soon and hence the date 25th(xolo didn't give a date)

Yes, I'd worked out who you are; it was rather obvious, and I didn't take a word of what was said, seriously - I sensed a lot of hot air, and obviously my instincts were right. It's not like you have murdered someone - you're forgiven, chill and enjoy the day :)

A friend of my Uncle's, who knows someone who lives next door to an engineer who works as a tea boy at Microsoft, says he can get me a "Windows 9" Alpha release... honest! ;)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Andymac1969

A friend of my Uncle's, who knows someone who lives next door to an engineer who works as a tea boy at Microsoft, says he can get me a "Windows 9" Alpha release... honest! ;)

If you just need some Poo, let me know, we have loads of horses/cows near here, i'll shovel you a nice bag full, be more useful than Windows 9 :P

Guest glossywhite

If you just need some Poo, let me know, we have loads of horses/cows near here, i'll shovel you a nice bag full, be more useful than Windows 9 :P

How generous of you, however, I live next to a paddocks and there is a field full of sheep 100 metres away, and some cows less than 5 mins walk away :P

Guest Andymac1969

How generous of you, however, I live next to a paddocks and there is a field full of sheep 100 metres away, and some cows less than 5 mins walk away :P

Clearly inundated with Windows :D

Guest glossywhite

Poo lol

Oh! :)

Windows does what it does, same as Ubuntu, other Linux OS' and Macs. Makes no difference to me, although I use Linux Mint for most things. I've got the T shirt for the whole "fanboy" nonsense - it's pointless, and meaningless :)

Guest xolo x900_2

To be honest, I don't know if its the customer service number, I'm just guessing

Please call orange since xolo is not having any idea on the release date...