[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest blademaster123

I'am look at /etc/init.d/ and /system/etc/init.d/ and i found file S98system_tweak. In this file a found:

setprop ro.ril.disable.power.collapse 1

setprop pm.sleep_mode 1

i change this to:

setprop ro.ril.disable.power.collapse 0

setprop pm.sleep_mode 0

and reboot but no luck. Via CPU Spy I checked CPU states and the device always go to the deep sleep. Is there any additional settings for governor and IO scheduler?

Does anyone have a similar problem with wake lock delay?

have you tried this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gejos.android.wakemyandroidpro&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmdlam9zLmFuZHJvaWQud2FrZW15YW5kcm9pZHBybyJd

Guest kyan31

I'am look at /etc/init.d/ and /system/etc/init.d/ and i found file S98system_tweak. In this file a found:

setprop pm.sleep_mode 1

i change this to:

setprop pm.sleep_mode 0

and reboot but no luck. Via CPU Spy I checked CPU states and the device always go to the deep sleep. Is there any additional settings for governor and IO scheduler?

I can sort out your 'problem' if you send me a logcat.

Edited by kyan31

Guest blademaster123

Really???

I'm on Tapatalk so I can't tell °_•

yeah 2101... tapatalk or the modaco app? and replying to your earlier problem i also have the modaco problem

Guest kyan31
yeah 2101... tapatalk or the modaco app? and replying to your earlier problem i also have the modaco problem

The website seem okay now, but I know it will probably come back. I think is due to cloudflares server, or maybe Paul is making some changer to the website.

Guest tillaz

setprop pm.sleep_mode 1
[/CODE] i change this to:
[CODE]
setprop pm.sleep_mode 0

Just increase the min CPU frequency,

to do this use something like no frills CPU,

and make sure to tick the box "set on boot"

Guest kyan31

Just increase the min CPU frequency,

to do this use something like no frills CPU,

and make sure to tick the box "set on boot"

It's already on 320Mhz, any higher is too high in my opinion, still it's worth a try if you don't mind the battery.

Guest george109

It's already on 320Mhz, any higher is too high in my opinion, still it's worth a try if you don't mind the battery.

I have mine on min 1008 and max 1008, and I thought that was lowish! :P

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

I have mine on min 1008 and max 1008, and I thought that was lowish! tongue.png

What???

That means your CPU will be clocked at max all the time, even in sleep mode. I wouldn't really recommend that as it will stress out your CPU, battery, the phone may become hot, and it won't actually make much of a difference in speed. The G300 is able to clock up/down depending what you are doing.

Guest tillaz

Its better than trying to turn off deep sleep Lol,

But this is debatable, some people say using the max freqauncy for both actually saves battery

As the tasks get complited quicker, I've never tried it so I would not know.

Guest kyan31

Its better than trying to turn off deep sleep Lol,

Yeah, true :P

But this is debatable, some people say using the max freqauncy for both actually saves battery

As the tasks get complited quicker, I've never tried it so I would not know.

That seems a little improbable, but hey, anything is possible I guess.

@George109 what's your battery like with both frequencies at max?

Guest george109

What???

That means your CPU will be clocked at max all the time, even in sleep mode. I wouldn't really recommend that as it will stress out your CPU, battery, the phone may become hot, and it won't actually make much of a difference in speed. The G300 is able to clock up/down depending what you are doing.

Ok, I will turn it down, What Governor and IO Scheduler do you recommend?

Guest george109

@George109 what's your battery like with both frequencies at max?

Average, actually, I didn't see much of a difference, when I turned it but that's because I'm quite a heavy user, mine doesn't often use deep sleep. (30 minutes at the most), and I put it on charge at night. It lasts for about a day for me. it really depends, if I use a lot of data, it's a lot less, I just have 2G on all the time, as thats fine for push email, and then go on to 3G / HSPA when i'm using "foreground" data.

Edited by george109

Guest tillaz

I'm not sure deep sleep uses the lowest freq, think the CPU is put in a suspended state

I'm actually going to put this to the test, will leave my phone on the performance Gov and see how it is on the battery.

I would expect worse, but it worth a try lol

Guest blademaster123
I hope no one has forgot about lightning ROM, that would be a shame :P
some people will probably still use it, as they may think any bugs from cm10.1 are unbearable.

Guest kyan31

some people will probably still use it, as they may think any bugs from cm10.1 are unbearable.

Probably, I might actually release a final version of this ROM and just leave it as that. However I'll still make addons etc. with request.

Guest Haelu

i tried following the instructions, to install from SDcard, but my phone said 'signature not recognised' or something, and aborted the install :(

I am going from the vodaphone installed rom. Any ideas?

Guest george109

i tried following the instructions, to install from SDcard, but my phone said 'signature not recognised' or something, and aborted the install :(

I am going from the vodaphone installed rom. Any ideas?

Look at Kyan's later post...

Edited by george109