[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest mr_mufy

It may only be included if you are coming from a previous version of Lightning ROM. If you came from a different ROM, you might have to flash the toggles again.

Ok.

That already makes sense

Ok.

That already makes sense

Cool.

P.s Did you try Geoffs method to install Link2Int/Link2sd? I know you have been struggling with them for a while, so this might be worth trying.

Update: I've re-installed version 3 and the default storage is back to being the external SD card. (So I'm sticking with v3 unless you can sort this out. I feel stupid for upgrading now - it had been working breath-takingly smooth and fast, and my only gripe was having to 'fix permissions' if I did a full (i.e. not fastboot) reboot.

I've also got Link2SD working! Here's how - I think it might work on version 3.5 too:

1. Install BusyBox from the Play Store. Run it and make sure you click the 'install' button on the bottom left of the app. (I stupidly didn't do this when I was trying to install it on Lightning 3.5) as I thought that once Google had installed the app, that meant BusyBox was installed. It wasn't.)

2. Install PimpMyRom and under 'tools' select enable init.d support.

3. Allow the phone to reboot.

4. Turn off. Reboot into CWM. 'mounts and storage'>'unmount system' then 'mount system'. (Or 'mount' then 'unmount' then 'mount' again - depending on what's showing when you open up 'mounts and storage.'

5. Flash the 'LinktoInt for CWM' zip.

6. Reboot.

7. Open Link2SD and grant root access.

8 Voila - you should have the option to create links for your apps to the internal SD card.

(I know this doesn't make sense as init.d is supposed to be enabled, but try it anyway - init.d was supposed to be enabled in the kernel I've been using, but the above workaround still worked for me!)

@Everyone Do you find Lightning ROM 3.5 faster than Lightning ROM 3? I just feel like I should ask...i'm pretty bored :lol:

Edited by kyan31

Guest kieranswhite

Will download and flash now. I haven't tried this since version 1. Massive respect for you man I'm 16 and I only understand half this stuff..

kyan31, will toggles be samsung themed if we flash toggles zip in recovery to get toggles working?

No, but I will upload the toolbox APK of the samsung theme right now so you can flash it after.

Will download and flash now. I haven't tried this since version 1. Massive respect for you man I'm 16 and I only understand half this stuff..

Thanks dude, I hope the ROM works well for you :)

I uploaded the 'Samsung Style' theme which comes as standard with Lightning ROM 3.5. If you don't have it already, download it from the addons section, flash it in your chosen recovery, and enjoy!

Edited by kyan31

@ Everyone

If you have bad battery on Lightning ROM, could you download an app called 'BetterBatteryStats' and use it for a day or two. The app basically logs what processes are using up the battery. You can download it here:

XDA Thread:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1179809

Direct Download (RC7)

http://forum.xda-dev...61&d=1359206646

After a day or two, send me the logs, or take a screenshot, and I should hopefully be able to diagnose, and fix the problem While most people have great battery on Lightning ROM, i'm sure there are some people who don't. Thanks in advance.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Randymann

Hi Kyan!

First my respect for your work...there are some really nice improvements!

But i do have also some problems:

I am on R3 right now...but the phone drives me mad...because the display is horrible unresponsive...

and the overall speed is very slow...big lags everywhere...

So i tried to download the R4 from solidfiles...unfortunately there is no way to get the file down...is there another way to get it?

Best regards

Guest wolfjohny

Hello

A bit of help needed.

you write: "You must wipe data/factory reset after installing the toggles! This will obviously wipe the phones data (apps, settings, and maybe internal storage) so make a backup.

I just wiped all data and installed ROM ver 3.5

And I want to install toggles now....

Do I have to wipe all over again and install toggles first, then ROM or what?

Thank!

Hello

A bit of help needed.

you write: "You must wipe data/factory reset after installing the toggles! This will obviously wipe the phones data (apps, settings, and maybe internal storage) so make a backup.

I just wiped all data and installed ROM ver 3.5

And I want to install toggles now....

Do I have to wipe all over again and install toggles first, then ROM or what?

Thank!

Once you have lightning ROM installed, install the toggles, and then press:

Wipe data/factory reset.

Guest mr_mufy

kyan,

Does this rule still apply to V 3.5?

The first boot takes longer, so have patience. I recommend giving the device 5 minutes before you use it, to ensure a smooth experience. After flashing the superuser zip, please download Super-SU from the market otherwise you wont have any root settings. I will try to get this bug fixed in the next release.

I i'll give a try once more the solution of Link2SD.

Can u add the support for system themes like CM? Do u have the nowlegemt to do that?

Guest mr_mufy

Whell i have trayed the mod on OP with the APP pimpmyrom

And i still can't use the app Link2sd.

I have done the fowlling.

- Wipe all (system/Emmc/cust/cache).

- Wipe dalvik cache.

- Install the Version 3.5 / restart wait 5 min on the initial screen.

- Reboot and install the superuser zip.

- Reboot initial screen and then install the super-su.

- Install the busy box and then install like normal.

- install the pimpmyrom and activated the Init.d support.

Reboot.

- Log on CMW and mount/unmount/mount system partition

- install the Zip link2sd

- Reboot -> open the app linktosd

And try use and same error. /data/sdext2 mount not found....

So I can confirme the fix don't fix for me....

I just found the R4-file on ulozto.net....but the file is 213.88mb...and on solidfiles its 204mb.

Is this suspicious or not?

Thanks for advice

Randy

It's a little weird. Just download it, and check that the md5 matches the one in the OP. If it matches, it's fine.

Whell i have trayed the mod on OP with the APP pimpmyrom

And i still can't use the app Link2sd.

I have done the fowlling.

- Wipe all (system/Emmc/cust/cache).

- Wipe dalvik cache.

- Install the Version 3.5 / restart wait 5 min on the initial screen.

- Reboot and install the superuser zip.

- Reboot initial screen and then install the super-su.

- Install the busy box and then install like normal.

- install the pimpmyrom and activated the Init.d support.

Reboot.

- Log on CMW and mount/unmount/mount system partition

- install the Zip link2sd

- Reboot -> open the app linktosd

And try use and same error. /data/sdext2 mount not found....

So I can confirme the fix don't fix for me....

I'm really not sure what I can do now, I have tried many things like updating the updater-script etc. Have you installed Busybox? I will include Busybox in the next version, but you can install it manually by downloading it from the Play Store.

Another thing.

Why do u remove the file manager our another file?

I think that it's a most have on all the roms...

Yeah, don't worry about that. I'm gonna include a file manager in the next version. Probably the CM file manager or something similar.

For people who have the reverting storage bug, try these flashable zips:

Lock to SD - This will lock the storage to the SD card, and you wont have the option to change it to internal.

DOWNLOAD

Lock to Internal - This will lock the storage to the internal 2GB storage, and you wont be able to change it to the SD card.

DOWNLOAD

Default storage settings - This will revert everything back to normal, allowing you to change freely to internal/SD. However, this will bring the reverting storage issue back if you had it before.

DOWNLOAD

I haven't tested these zips out, but they should definitely work. If you do encounter problems, just flash the 'Default storage settings' zip and everything will be back to normal.

Edited by kyan31

So if i flash the second zip , i will have the storage forever default on the internal sd ? i like it ! smile.png but will i still have to use cyda's mod ?

Yes, your storage will be locked onto the internal (2GB) storage. However, I recommend locking it to the SD card as the internal storage is small :P

Remember, I haven't actually tested the zips, so I don't even know if the they will work. They wont mess up the phone though, so don't worry.

Guest mr_mufy

I'm really not sure what I can do now, I have tried many things like updating the updater-script etc. Have you installed Busybox? I will include Busybox in the next version, but you can install it manually by downloading it from the Play Store.

Yes, sorry, i forget the Busybox....

I have installed too.

Yeah, don't worry about that. I'm gonna include a file manager in the next version. Probably the CM file manager or something similar.

Tks.

I really like the initial thing on ur rom, but without the internal mod don't work for me.

And when do u will work on a 10.1 rom?

No one it«s working on that?

Guest Miki Bakaiki

Yes, your storage will be locked onto the internal (2GB) storage. However, I recommend locking it to the SD card as the internal storage is small :P

Remember, I haven't actually tested the zips, so I don't even know if the they will work. They wont mess up the phone though, so don't worry.

I tried the second one, and what i got to say is : i think it works .... the two options are still there (internal and sd), but i changed to internal, then reboot, then flashed the zip and then it was still the internal set as default, so , for me , it worked , dunno if it was the zip or not :P i managed to get cyda's mod as well with the tips in a post above (and on the op) ...

Yeah, i know, but my sd card is small too, i only have 8gb, and i like to have lots of music, because i run with the phone ... so internal is the best choice ... i dont think i'll even fill half of it with apps :P

Guest Miki Bakaiki

@Kyan , hey !! i think i might have a problem ... i just did a clean install and everything went fine, the rom is awesome as usual , but when i try to open the gallery app, it gives some error, saying that the sd was not found ... i've already rebooted the phone, removed and the inserted the sd card back on, and the same error appears ! i've tried exploring the sd with root explorer and it's there .... tried to open an image with root explorer, but the chose the gallery and the error appeared again .... I think i've seen a user with a similar problem , but im not sure .... you know what this might be ?

EDIT:

SO i was testing some mms, and i tried to take a picture and it said "you need to mount usb before using camera" (something like that)...

Also, i deed a reboot and when the phone turned on, it appeared a message processe (...).acore has stopped , and no frills said that the boot was not "clean" and it didn't strat (the overclock, i think) .... im getting some errors i've never seen, and i don't think i've installed anything unusual :s any help, anybody ?

Edited by Miki Bakaiki

@Kyan , hey !! i think i might have a problem ... i just did a clean install and everything went fine, the rom is awesome as usual , but when i try to open the gallery app, it gives some error, saying that the sd was not found ... i've already rebooted the phone, removed and the inserted the sd card back on, and the same error appears ! i've tried exploring the sd with root explorer and it's there .... tried to open an image with root explorer, but the chose the gallery and the error appeared again .... I think i've seen a user with a similar problem , but im not sure .... you know what this might be ?

EDIT:

SO i was testing some mms, and i tried to take a picture and it said "you need to mount usb before using camera" (something like that)...

Also, i deed a reboot and when the phone turned on, it appeared a message processe (...).acore has stopped , and no frills said that the boot was not "clean" and it didn't strat (the overclock, i think) .... im getting some errors i've never seen, and i don't think i've installed anything unusual :s any help, anybody ?

Just do full wipes and install lightning again.