[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest Miki Bakaiki

oh my :\ i'll do it .... but tell me, how can i format the phone to be really clean and new, whithout losing the cwm ?

What do the "mount/unmount" things do ?

oh my :\ i'll do it .... but tell me, how can i format the phone to be really clean and new, whithout losing the cwm ?

What do the "mount/unmount" things do ?

Boot into CWM and choose all wipe and format options.

Except sd card, am i right ?

I normally format the SD card and all. Then repartition (if using sd-ext2 for link2sd etc.) and format it. Then use CWM to enable USB access so that I can copy any zips (ROM, gapps etc.) over before installing them.

Guest PCTechRoss

Lightning ROM 4.0 might have some Pie Control goodness ^_^

post-969101-0-22684400-1360604591_thumb.post-969101-0-70099800-1360604842_thumb.

are these screenies your actual ROM because if they are I may consider switching back from 10.1 to this

Is it possible to get the Music player in the status bar like 4.2 as well as being able to text while in an app?

The music bar thingy is possible, but I'm not even sure what you mean about the texting. I have never used that feature before :o

are these screenies your actual ROM because if they are I may consider switching back from 10.1 to this

There aren't really any 'visual' changes, that's why I haven't updated the screenshots. I do have screenshots of your wallpapers in the FAQ though :)

Guest PCTechRoss

There aren't really any 'visual' changes, that's why I haven't updated the screenshots. I do have screenshots of your wallpapers in the FAQ though :)

noticed the Jelly bean google bar

Guest PCTechRoss

Did you ever use the custom easter egg thingy?

Cant you just add Nova as the default launcher to make things easier?? (Or another custom launcher)

I'm gonna use Trebuchet in the next version.

Edited by kyan31

Kyan - while we're talking about wish-lists for Version 4, here's mine...

1. Nail down the Link2Int problem - i.e. find a way to install it that will definitely work for everyone using your ROM. (If I could be arsed, I'd have another go with v4 and see if I could get Link2Int to work by installing busybox properly before using PimpMyRom. However, after spending ages re-installing all my apps and restoring data etc., I'm inclined to stick with v.3 for the moment.)

2. Nail down the default storage problem - i.e. verify that the script you've posted above will definitely prevent storage reverting to internal.

3. Nail down the problem whereby you need to 'fix permissions' on every full reboot for your apps to work. (This is almost certainly related to Link2Int - perhaps not moving the dalvik cache to int may be the answer.)

4. Nail down a version of CWM which will allow a simple back up and restore of the phone, including the internal SD ext. I'm currently using the hybrid touch version, but I'm not sure if that would actually back up my int SD.

5. Include a music player which works with your awesome beats app. (If a free one exists.)

If you could sort all this stuff out, I reckon Lightning could become what Swedish Snow was for the ZTE Blade. It's incredibly fast for ICS, and seems to do everything smoothly without glitches. I rarely ever switch my phone off and on, yet I've never had a reboot, and only a couple of force-closes on apps that I've been hammering. All the UI changes and other features would be a bonus, but I think the average user wouldn't be too fussed about them as they can usually be obtained by downloading apps from Play.