Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rog8811

Cyan 2.3.7 market problem

5 posts in this topic

A brief history first, I now have two San Franciscos , First was a faulty OLED SF blade and am hunting down a display for it.

While waiting I bought a faulty TFT SF blade, replaced the screen, rooted it and installed cyanogenmod 2.3.7, feeling really plaesed with myself (first time flasher :) ) I looked for either android market or google play, niether were installed.

Downloaded google play.apk and installed it, when I tried to run it I was asked for an account to be added but didn't take me anywhere to set it up. anyway I found a place in settings to add an account, put in e-mail info, it retrieves data, click next then and get this.

post-1002451-0-06170800-1357906858_thumb

If I go to google play it can see both phones, so google knows it exists,

post-1002451-0-95733900-1357907366_thumb

I have tried sending apps from google to the phone but they never arrive.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Maybe there is a box I need to tick or something but I am lost!

Any help greatly appreciated.

If your flashing cyanogen mod roms you will need to flash a separate gapps zip for that rom e.g Ginger bread gapps in you're case , then you can access Google play e.t.c.

you will need to flash a separate gapps zip for that rom e.g Ginger bread gapps in you're case

Thanks, I will start looking to see if I can find a "how to" for that as I take it that you cannot just put the zip on the SD card and instal it?

*edit* Have found and downloaded gapps-gb-20110828 onto my SD card, now need to find out what to do with it.

Edited by rog8811

Thanks for the initial input bladebuddy, it got me looking in the right places and finding the right answers, I followed the info from my own previous post and have got it all sorted!

post-1002451-0-45284200-1357927144_thumb

I have spent a few pence on widgets!

Edited by rog8811