r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi Paul,

When i try and do a sound search I get Sound Search for Google Play has stopped.

Other than that its working brill.

Matt

I've found the cause of this issue, I'll fix it this morning for the kitchen and for the next prebake.

P

This is a really nice ROM. The menu button options would be nice. Shame my Bluetooth didn't work

It's already in CM10.1, go to Settings>System>Navigation bar and edit the options

Guest PaulOBrien

I've updated the kitchen to fix an issue with Google Ears (the Sound Search widget) - this will be included in the next pre-bake of course.

In addition, if anyone wants the LED to light for notifications with screen on and is unable to bake in the TBA option, you can manually push this file to /system/framework (remember to 'adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/*' before rebooting).

P

Guest adam1000rr

I just flashed over MCR Jr5 and the Email app force closes every time I open it... I tried to wipe cache/dalvik cahe and format system and reflashed but still get the same error, any ideas?

Edit: had to delete email app data and reboot, it now works, I just have to setup my accounts again.

Edited by adam1000rr

It's already in CM10.1, go to Settings>System>Navigation bar and edit the options

I have found that but you can't have it on both sides.

Still really annoyed with my Bluetooth problem. Other phones work fine, mine will connect but steering wheel controls just won't work to answer or make calls on my nexus 4 until after receiving an incoming call :blink:

I've made a slightly tweaked CM wallpaper... from this:

to this:

<!--url{0}-->

if anyone wants it... it's here. It's just a little more subtle. :)

P

Hi Paul,

do you have also a MCR specific one. A Nexus 4 MoDaCo Wallpaper? That would be nice :D

Guest jusumgeezer

Just moved from JellyBeer to this, great work. I was gonna post about issues with battery life on this rom, until I realised I still had 79% when I got home after a day of use including a long call over bluetooth & heavy web use & live widgets, so.. erm never mind ;)

I did have a random shut down though, charged it over night after installing the rom & had a few texts in the morning when the phone was in my pocket. When I took it out the phone was completely dead? It was a clean install with a full wipe. I had just started work so was unable to make any logs or anything. Seems to be a one off & it's been behaving itself since.

Edited by jusumgeezer

Guest PaulOBrien
Just moved from JellyBeer to this, great work. I was gonna post about issues with battery life on this rom, until I realised I still had 79% when I got home after a day of use including a long call over bluetooth & heavy web use & live widgets, so.. erm never mind ;)

I did have a random shut down though, charged it over night after installing the rom & had a few texts in the morning when the phone was in my pocket. When I took it out the phone was completely dead? It was a clean install with a full wipe. I had just started work so was unable to make any logs or anything. Seems to be a one off & it's been behaving itself since.

Random, not seen that! Remember to use a kernel with the wakelock fix - eg Franco - for best battery life!

P

hi there, i would like to try this rom and I am curious on how to use the option.txt file. it seems similar like a pre-installation script that a ROM used in my previous phone, but this one are just numbers instead of say

amazon appstore=yes

I would appreciate it if someone can point me to the right direction on how to use the option.txt file.

thanks!.

Guest jusumgeezer

Random, not seen that! Remember to use a kernel with the wakelock fix - eg Franco - for best battery life!

P

Is that the default Kernel on this rom? The battery life has been amazing so far.

Sorry to be a complete noob, but I just had to do a factory reset due to my spotify downloading a load of albums for offline use, I only have the 8GB so it filled up quite quickly. I was late for work so just did a factory reset through the settings menu. However that didn't work & everything is still there, is this because I should have formatted through recovery instead? or is it just Google's backup/restore feature? I'm using TWRP I've a huge amount of space taken up by unknown items, I presume spotify cached songs somewhere.

Edited by jusumgeezer

Guest PaulOBrien

No, the standard kernel is stock. Actually, that will have the wakelock fix too since it's nightly.

A wipe doesn't wipe the internal SD, you can do that by selecting the format option from the recovery menu.

P

Bluetooth really isn't working for me. Calls aren't being put through voice or controls, at least MCR does the voice. It also disconnected after an hour. Anyone else seeing this?

Guest PaulOBrien

r2 is now online both in the kitchen and as a pre-bake, enjoy! No wipe needed of course.

P

Changelog

18th Jan

• Updated to 180113 nightly
  • Updated all 3rd party components
  • Added MoDaCo Forums app

Guest duderuud

Updated my R1 first, gave me Gapps errors. Did a full wipe/del cache/dalvik cache but again:

Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

Got any idea why?

Guest PaulOBrien
Updated my R1 first, gave me Gapps errors. Did a full wipe/del cache/dalvik cache but again:

Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

Got any idea why?

Clear data on Google Services Framework and reboot.

P

Guest PaulOBrien
Is there any way to get rid of the Volume Warning when you are using headphones and want to turn the volume up a little more? Both here and in the other release?

Not currently!

P