r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest the.real.lantesh

Paul I can report that r6 installed fine for me. I wiped the cache and dalvik as usual, but not data. Everything seems to be running just fine.

Edited by the.real.lantesh

Guest The Soup Thief

One small CM issue. If an app prompts you to change the accessibility settings, it will take you to the appropriate screen but you can't actually change anything. It's not an issue if you go to it through settings/accessibility.

Ahh! Is it this ROM that's causing that? I was struggling with that on r5 last week trying to enable something on... I forget what the app was now

4.2.2 is appearing, by the way - looking forward to a bit of that action - mostly bluetooth fixes, I gather, which will be welcome! Wiimote ahoy!

Ahh! Is it this ROM that's causing that? I was struggling with that on r5 last week trying to enable something on... I forget what the app was now

4.2.2 is appearing, by the way - looking forward to a bit of that action - mostly bluetooth fixes, I gather, which will be welcome! Wiimote ahoy!

It's not unique to this ROM - I tried another CM based ROM and it had the same issue.

Guest Mihai Nicolau

Hello,

Was looking for a ROM for my Nexus and stumbled upon your build on XDA and after reading what it does I became a member here :).

I've just installed it and it is nice but for the life of me I cannot make that Facebook sync to work. I don't really care about it I just want to make the contact photos appear.

How should I turn it on ?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest PaulOBrien
Hello,

Was looking for a ROM for my Nexus and stumbled upon your build on XDA and after reading what it does I became a member here :).

I've just installed it and it is nice but for the life of me I cannot make that Facebook sync to work. I don't really care about it I just want to make the contact photos appear.

How should I turn it on ?

Thanks,

Mike

The option should appear when launching the Facebook app...

P

Guest Mihai Nicolau

what exactly should appear ? If I recall correctly it asked me if I want to check my phone for contact that should be in facebook, I clicked, but it just gave me a huge list which had nothing to do with the friend list on facebook.

Am I getting this wrong ? As I've said I just want it to show the contact photos.

Guest Mihai Nicolau

Couple more questions.

1) What exactly is the difference between the normal gallery and the cyanogen galllery, i've read in the description that it is an "offline" gallery, not sure what that is ?

Is this the reason I also have 2 Camera apps as well as 2 galleries ? They seem to be identical

2) What is your policy on updates ? Do I have to wipe data too or can I do only cache and Dalvik ?

3) Since all Google apps are installed in /system I assume I don't have to select them again in the kitchen when installing an update since they will still be there albeit without the updates that a new version would include and also if I were to flash to another ROM without the Gapps, I could skip the additional step of installing them separately ?

This is of course if I don't format /system too.

Guest PaulOBrien
Couple more questions.

1) What exactly is the difference between the normal gallery and the cyanogen galllery, i've read in the description that it is an "offline" gallery, not sure what that is ?

Is this the reason I also have 2 Camera apps as well as 2 galleries ? They seem to be identical

2) What is your policy on updates ? Do I have to wipe data too or can I do only cache and Dalvik ?

3) Since all Google apps are installed in /system I assume I don't have to select them again in the kitchen when installing an update since they will still be there albeit without the updates that a new version would include and also if I were to flash to another ROM without the Gapps, I could skip the additional step of installing them separately ?

This is of course if I don't format /system too.

1. The official Google gallery has Picasa sync and Photosphere, CM does not.

2. All MCR and MCMCR ROMs have unique dirty flash tolerance built in, you should never need to wipe!

3. An install formats, so always select everything you want.

P

hi Paul! a few questions:

- should we expect friday update?

- Does Cm turned to 4.2.2 in nightlies?

- is the switch to modaco rom compatible with dirty tolerance? In other words: is it ok if you don't wipe from MCMCR to MCR?

tha's all. Thank you!!!

Guest The Soup Thief

I dirty flashed from cyanogenmod r6 to Modaco jr8 without any problems (though I got a fc with calculator just now)

Don't think 4.2.2 cyanogenmod will be available to merge for a little while

hi Paul! a few questions:

- should we expect friday update?

- Does Cm turned to 4.2.2 in nightlies?

- is the switch to modaco rom compatible with dirty tolerance? In other words: is it ok if you don't wipe from MCMCR to MCR?

tha's all. Thank you!!!

they have released a new nightly today that is 4.2.2 but David Tonder, the nexus 4 maintainer for CM is advising to give them a few days to sort things out just in case.

Guest comicbookguy

Hi all!

Tried a dirty flash from jr8 to r6 (both kitchen bakes) and got boot loop.

Tried full wipe and flash and all was fine until I restored my data with TB. When I rebooted I got boot loop again... Is this something to do with r6 not being 4.2.2 yet, and is there any way to work which data or app is causing the boot loop?

Main reason for trying mcmcr was trying to get better headphone volume, which worked when I tested it, but now I'm back on MCR with the DSPmanager.apk moved over from my r6 bake (which is louder than just MCR, but not as loud as mcmcr , and does work with my music player of choice, which is "Cubed", its not just locked to Apollo)

Guest PaulOBrien
Hi all!

Tried a dirty flash from jr8 to r6 (both kitchen bakes) and got boot loop.

Tried full wipe and flash and all was fine until I restored my data with TB. When I rebooted I got boot loop again... Is this something to do with r6 not being 4.2.2 yet, and is there any way to work which data or app is causing the boot loop?

Main reason for trying mcmcr was trying to get better headphone volume, which worked when I tested it, but now I'm back on MCR with the DSPmanager.apk moved over from my r6 bake (which is louder than just MCR, but not as loud as mcmcr , and does work with my music player of choice, which is "Cubed", its not just locked to Apollo)

Odd! Can you logcat?

P