r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest comicbookguy

Odd! Can you logcat?

P

not really got a clue about adb, keep meaning to learn but you make everything so easy i dont really need to ;) sorry

oh and another thing, not sure how relevant it is, but even when i did get it running, and even though I'd unchecked "trackball alert support", the notification light was stuck on..... (duh...it disappears when you unplug usb....)

update: re baked and tried again. same bootloop but learned a little abd and got a logcat!!!!!! lots of "F/'s is not good i take it?

logcat.txt

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien

r7, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Feb

• Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) nightly with all MCR features and updates merged in.

Guest comicbookguy

Yay : No bootloop!

dirty flash from Jr8 to r7

prev probs must have been incompatibility between Jr8 (4.2.2) and r6 (4.2.1)

Anyone got a working stock battery mod for this?

This one:

FC's the system ui...

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat

Downloading now ;) Will test and report any issues

dirty flash from JR8 to R7, nothing cleared.

Everything checked so far works apart from getting FCs on the standard email app. Using it with Hotmail with exchange. Cleared data and cache, rebooted and all fine once the account details were re-entered. Strangely, although i'm sure I did not have it selected the Trebuchet launcher made an appearance. Thanks for all your wok Paul

Edited by What_The_Fox_Hat

Guest PaulOBrien
dirty flash from JR8 to R7, nothing cleared.

Everything checked so far works apart from getting FCs on the standard email app. Using it with Hotmail with exchange. Cleared data and cache, rebooted and all fine once the account details were re-entered

Yes, that's necessary for email when switching between CM and stock due to a difference in the database layout.

P

r7, based on the JDQ39 / 4.2.2 release, is now in the kitchen!

Since this is a COMPLETE rebase, it'd be great if kitchen users could test it before I create the prebake. As always, once everything is confirmed OK, i'll put up the prebake.

Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

22nd Feb

• Completely rebased on JDQ39 (4.2.2) nightly with all MCR features and updates merged in.

everything's fine so far, paul.

coming from r6 with no problem at all.

Guest the.real.lantesh

Paul all seems well for me. I flashed over r6. I did wipe the cache, and dalvik cache, but not data.

Edit: I just noticed that despite having the option checked to include the 2.0.1700.48 baseband I still have 2.0.1700.33. So for whatever reason my baseband was not updated despite including it in the bake.

Edited by the.real.lantesh

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat

I'm seeing an improvement in battery with r7 - not sure if that's down to 4.2.2 or not.

Strange one for me with the battery, it's not been great, I lost 30% this afternoon in about 2 hour sporadiclay refreshing the BBC website for the rugby score and a bit of twitter. Despite not turning Bluetooth on since installing r7 it is showing as using over 50% of the battery and being on for 49 days 17 hours?! (It was a dirty flash from RJ8 clearing nothing and then flashing the Franco kernal).

Strange one for me with the battery, it's not been great, I lost 30% this afternoon in about 2 hour sporadiclay refreshing the BBC website for the rugby score and a bit of twitter. Despite not turning Bluetooth on since installing r7 it is showing as using over 50% of the battery and being on for 49 days 17 hours?! (It was a dirty flash from RJ8 clearing nothing and then flashing the Franco kernal).

You may find that it settles down after a couple of cycles.

I tend to stick with the kernel that's included with the rom. I tried Franco for a week or so but can't say I noticed any improvement in battery life or performance.

Edited by Paul77

Guest the.real.lantesh

I tend to stick with the kernel that's included with the rom. I tried Franco for a week or so but can't say I noticed any improvement in battery life or performance.

I've found Franco's kernel to have quite an improvement over the stock kernel. Beyond that though the stock kernel for 4.2.2 has modules disabled, so if you use an app like Touch Control it won't work any more with the stock kernel. It will work with Franco's.

Guest Tom Roca

All seems to work fine here too! Flashed over R6, no problem, except of the baseband not being installed as noted above and the option to reboot into recovery seems to be gone from the power menu.

Thanks

Guest PaulOBrien
All seems to work fine here too! Flashed over R6, no problem, except of the baseband not being installed as noted above and the option to reboot into recovery seems to be gone from the power menu.

Thanks

That is weird, a CM change to the reboot menu?

P

Guest duderuud

Baseband indeed didn't update.

CM changed the bootmenu. you have to first enable developers options (repeatedly click build number in 'about phone' screen), then go to CM system options to enable advanced boot menu.

Guest Tom Roca

CM changed the bootmenu. you have to first enable developers options (repeatedly click build number in 'about phone' screen), then go to CM system options to enable advanced boot menu.

Thanks but developers options is enabled and I did not find advanced boot menu in CM system

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat

Thanks but developers options is enabled and I did not find advanced boot menu in CM system

Thanks for that, it's worked for me (I am using the franco kernal if that makes a difference).In developer options ticked 'Advanced Boot' then when I select Reboot, having long pressed the power button, takes me to another menu where I get the option to Reboot, Recovery or bootloader.