• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

475 posts in this topic

Posted

yes, yes, no

just tried it stuck on boot logo?

Posted

just tied again and it got stuck on boot logo again, good thing i did backup first, has anyone tried this update?

Posted (edited)

mine says r_2.1.19.188

my bad, beta V20 is U8818_R_2.1.19.188 (they started at zero), and the updated beta V21 is U8818_R_2.1.20.188 (what you should get after)

did you change anything under the system folder? did you follow instructions to the letter? did the update report any errors (after flashing go to advanced -> show log)? how long did you wait for the boot?

Edited by pOcHa

Posted

my bad, beta V20 is U8818_R_2.1.19.188 (they started at zero), and the updated beta V21 is U8818_R_2.1.20.188 (what you should get after)

did you change anything under the system folder? did you follow instructions to the letter? did the update report any errors (after flashing go to advanced -> show log)? how long did you wait for the boot?

no i didnt change anything in the system folder, followered the instruction as above, i left it on boot logo for about 5mins.it didnt show any errors?

Posted

well the first boot usually takes time, try waiting for it at least 10-15 minutes

Posted

well the first boot usually takes time, try waiting for it at least 10-15 minutes

i might try again later.

Posted (edited)

Baidy Yi beta V21 English Repack (full version)

if you have a problem with just the update (http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2085311), then use this full version: same instructions as in the first post of this thread...

EDIT: not working - they introduced additional dependencies on some files that were previously safe to remove from earlier versions... instead use dakok's repack (only foreground apps removed, but not the background services) from the first post of this thread

LATEST: confirmed working now - doesn't have bloatware as dakok's repack

Link: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4jfGTZioWRWZkRYUDFjR0lwcUU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by pOcHa

Posted

Baidy Yi ROM beta V21 English Repack (full version)

if you have a problem with just the update (http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2085311), then use this full version: same instructions as in the first post of this thread...

Link: https://www.dropbox....brkr/Mhcg1BTPXl

as before, will this wipe all my current setting when installing new version or can i just install over the top without wipes?

Posted

yes, this one will

Posted

Installed, got a bootloop. i was in v19 then there was a little cm9, now this.

is it worth to refresh v21 or v19 stable is good enough?

Posted

Wait a bit more :).

Posted

you used the full version, or just the update (and if so, over which version did you flash it)? can someone confirm that it is working for him...

Posted

yes, can someone test the update as it didnt work for me either. coming from v20

Posted

do you have the latest version of CWM from this thread:

as Daz seams to suggest that OTA updates won't work without it?

Posted (edited)

Well, I tried rom21 - repacked just as I did for ROM20 (minimal apk removal) - and I get stuck ok baidu logo. :wacko:

Tried without gapps - the same thing. :angry:

Now I will try chinese original...

Edit:

It works fine, removing chinese apks...

It seems that something I removed blocks rom on boot screen....

Edited by dakok

Posted

ok i went back to v19 for now. its fine (exept the localization.)

Posted (edited)

Well, I tried rom21 - repacked just as I did for ROM20 (minimal apk removal) - and I get stuck ok baidu logo. :wacko:

Tried without gapps - the same thing. :angry:

Now I will try chinese original...

Edit:

It works fine, removing chinese apks...

It seems that something I removed blocks rom on boot screen....

the same thing here.

went back to v20.

Edited by dan nedan

Posted (edited)

dakok, the only thing different I removed was that new anti-theft app (FindDM.apk/.odex), its autorun on boot by default - so maybe the rom hangs when it can't find it, did you try not removing it? don't have the time to test it right now...

Edited by pOcHa

Posted

I removed the same apps I did for rom20 version. - Not 100% sure, to be honest :blush:

Now I tried without Baidu Input, Weather, Wangpan and it works fine.

How to find the troubled one?

Posted

the quick-and-dirty, but the easiest method would be to install everything, and then remove one app at a time with root explorer, rebooting afterwards, until you find the offending app

Posted

I would like you to upload a screenshot with the antutu results in OP. Thank you!

Posted

if you concern yourself with antutu scores, than this rom is not for you

Posted

Removed most of the stuff.

And it works fine. Uploading later this evening...

Posted (edited)

Hi every one, i'm new one here

Instaling baidu rom21 now

Will see what's happand

it's my first Android experience

Edited by Zyamstein

Posted

Removed most of the stuff.

And it works fine. Uploading later this evening...

dakok anyway to get the update working as i dont want to install the whole rom?