[ROM]ICS[4.0.4] Baidu REPACK v22 25.02.2013.

Guest dakok

Guest GOlteanu

another one of those "performance" rom kiddies... just ignore them

Yeah, I know...

Although I just noticed, I'm running the first release by dakok, and haven't used it with mobile data (I have wifi wherever I go) and turned it on now and from 87% battery it got to 29% in 20 minutes. What could be the problem?

if your phone was on sleep for a long time before that, then the battery indicator was not displaying the actual percentage left when you turned the screen on

and check the battery stats, what app(s) used it the most?

also, I seem to recall you added some mods to the rom? then one of them is the culprit

Love this ROM, one of the best ICS ROMs out there--

speed - excellent

stability - no FCs

GPS - locked position within 10 secs

Games - tried a couple, smooth experience

Guest pobesneli_max

Love this ROM, one of the best ICS ROMs out there--

speed - excellent

stability - no FCs

GPS - locked position within 10 secs

Games - tried a couple, smooth experience

what version of rom are u using? im using v20, fruit ninja is not working, can u check it on your phone?

Guest GOlteanu

if your phone was on sleep for a long time before that, then the battery indicator was not displaying the actual percentage left when you turned the screen on

and check the battery stats, what app(s) used it the most?

also, I seem to recall you added some mods to the rom? then one of them is the culprit

I haven't used any mods, I just changed some stuff, but I do the same for every rom I have, and never had this problem, so it isn't from the changes I made...

i beg to differ, Occam's razor would suggest that it is something you did - simply make a backup, do a fresh install, and test without any of your changes

anyway, what about my other two questions? regarding the first, battery percentage is updated after a few minutes, so you could have actually started with a lot less battery remaining... and for the second, check the battery usage (settings -> battery -> consumption), and the data usage too (settings -> data usage -> app), i forgot to mention that one, right after it happens again (otherwise stats would not be relevant) to see if it's any particular app or service responsible

Edited by pOcHa

Changes announced for upcoming monday ROM22 release:

Google`s interpretation:

[Phone]

Repaired:: an incoming call, the two sides can hear the sound, but beeps, then the phone stopps (provider: Stupid stupid)

Repaired: a strange calling number, display error (Contributors: Wind invisible)

Optimized: call interface, contact picture - full screen display, tensile (provider: drunk memories)

Repaired: Calling time record error (provider: reviveningxia)

Repaired: dialpad input 02, the emergence crash (provider: weideshengboss)

[Directories]

The edited contacts can not be stored (provider: wpcandyy)

Repaired: phone card replacements, still display the old card contacts, contacts, contacts (provider did not load the new cards: the passage of time oc,)

[sMS]

Send button text is unclear, fixed SMS pop-up (provider: _ someone _ memories)

Repaired: folder on the main screen display unread messages error (Contributors: first market )

[Multimedia]

Repaired: Gallery video is not an option to quickly broadcast program playback (Contributors: the unicorn尐灬)

Fix: silent or vibrate mode, play music, calls music does not stop (provider: dagger 1234 )

[Desktop]

Repaired: desktop folder does not show the count information (provider: vmzjw)

Repaired: change lock screen style after the restart, there are contacts but not in the hands of (provider: WEISONGJUN )

[Other]

Repaired:, while sliding the top of the screen, the white spots are not well synchronized (Contributors: 915841942 )

Current ROM Recommended:

1. Optimize a key optimization strategies that adequately address the problem of

mobile phone use for some time after the memory footprint is too high

and can not be effectively freeing memory. Let your phone always in top form.

2. new status bar shortcut switch tabs, more convenient to use!

Other improvements:

Phone, text messaging, directories

Repaired: send MMS, add pictures, click on the text input box, enter text, text input box shows insufficiency

[Video player]

Three options optimized the video player gestures scaling function, provided the original size, 2 times the size of the full-screen playback

Optimized video player lock screen control, direct control lock gravity sensor and interface operation

what version of rom are u using? im using v20, fruit ninja is not working, can u check it on your phone?

v19 by p0cha, taken from his thread. Forgot to mention, on speakers, people can't hear my voice on this ROM. Currently using the B952 Slim ROM (so can't check Fruit ninja before weekend), which is quite good too.

Guest GOlteanu

i beg to differ, Occam's razor would suggest that it is something you did - simply make a backup, do a fresh install, and test without any of your changes

anyway, what about my other two questions? regarding the first, battery percentage is updated after a few minutes, so you could have actually started with a lot less battery remaining... and for the second, check the battery usage (settings -> battery -> consumption), and the data usage too (settings -> data usage -> app), i forgot to mention that one, right after it happens again (otherwise stats would not be relevant) to see if it's any particular app or service responsible

Solved. Wiped Battery stats after fully charging the phone... Now on mobile data I get 4-5 hours of non stop internet browsing.

Although I found a better rom (cm10r6), I will post new releases because Baidu has many interesting features, you cant find in regular stock roms.

I guess HuaWei wont give new releases, so only stuff to look forward to is Daz's improvements of JBs, new Shendus and Baidu. Later, I expect Jaimes, Cyda, Jsevi and Kyan to customise those :)

v19 by p0cha, taken from his thread. Forgot to mention, on speakers, people can't hear my voice on this ROM. Currently using the B952 Slim ROM (so can't check Fruit ninja before weekend), which is quite good too.

speaker working just fine for me on v19

Although I found a better rom (cm10r6), I will post new releases because Baidu has many interesting features, you cant find in regular stock roms.

I guess HuaWei wont give new releases, so only stuff to look forward to is Daz's improvements of JBs, new Shendus and Baidu. Later, I expect Jaimes, Cyda, Jsevi and Kyan to customise those :)

so cm10r6 is worth it? hows smoothness & battery there?

speaker working just fine for me on v19

thanks! speaker/mic works, but the sound is nearly inaudible. Will go for a reflash this weekend. Definitely would like to use it for my daily use.

Guest NeburG300

Hi everyone, this ROM his awesome, until now I've only noticed two problems, with help of the gsm services to the GPS location (auxiliary network service in portugal) and due to the changing of kernel BT just died... <_<

Anyone has an solution to those situations??? I've already read many posts and searched on some forum´s for the answers but nothing... Some help please!

with this to problems worked out I considered by far the best rom for this mobile, stable, smooth, fast and with credibility... containing ICS of course.

I will wait for the V22 next Monday to consider installing it... :D

New version, ROM22 is out.

Download:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=302805&uk=2953035163[/CODE]

I wont make a repack of ROM22 since Baidu changed few things in latest release:

Removed chinese cwm

Updater script doesnt point to U8818 anymore (?)

So you can install this freely.

For removing chinese apks and their odexes you can use this list:

BaiduBrowser.apk

BaiduClickSearch.apk

BaiduImageSearch.apk

BaiduInput.apk

BaiduMap.apk

BaiduMarket.apk

BaiduMusicPlayer.apk

BaiduNetworkLocation.apk

BaiduReader.apk

BaiduUserFeedback.apk

BaiduWangpan.apk

BaiduWeather.apk

FindmeDM.apk

NewPhoneWizard.apk

P2P.apk

P2PScenes.apk

SearchBox.apk

VoiceAssistant.apk

Anzhi.apk

You should delete them before flashing, just use winrar and wipe them from system/app

Additional deleting can be performed thru some root explorer, as you already know.

Detailed installation procedure is described in the first post.

P.S.

Rumours are that Baidu wont make new updates for our phone...

Edited by dakok

A very good rom, indeed.

What abour news that Baidu won`t support U8818 no more?

You probably have more info?

Yeah,but just a little.They said they themselves won't support U8818 any more,but they will let another team(we call it a private team) do it,so they may still update roms for U8818 that made by others.Personally, I think it'll be less professional.

Edited by Coming

yes, that's correct, Baidu dropped the official support for a couple of older phones, but a team of independent developers will continue to update them, with its permission of course - as they claim each new version will have to first pass Baidu's own quality tests (the rom still carries its name after all), so I don't think they will be any worse off, but they do mention that it will create a small delay in release dates compared to the official roms (for example, there are still no OTA update for the public versions, just official ones), at first at least, until they get up to speed

all in all, the rom just lost the chinese recovery and desktop recovery (a good thing), but gained a little development delay - which is a bad thing relative only to the official roms, as it is still a light year ahead of any other ICS based rom here

Edited by pOcHa