• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Update for S500 ORGROD

45 posts in this topic

Posted

All Orange Romania phones check for updates because it's an update for the phone. It's still 4.0.4 but I think it's a fix for some bugs ... I've just updated it .. will see what it does

Posted

All Orange Romania phones check for updates because it's an update for the phone. It's still 4.0.4 but I think it's a fix for some bugs ... I've just updated it .. will see what it does

have you installed it?any changes?what about battery life?

Posted (edited)

have you installed it?any changes?what about battery life?

don't know yet ... just installed it ... we'll see ... as vache said .. no changelog provided by them

Edited by Claudelu

Posted (edited)

can i update it even if i deleted some stock orange apps (and i unrooted it of course)?

Edited by apometru

Posted

i can't extract from archive.... maybe is broken

Posted

i can't extract from archive.... maybe is broken

update through wi-fi

Posted

nu am card sd :)

Posted

daca aveti alea aplicatiile stock sterse de la org nu va merge:)) am reflashuit stock orgrod si a mers.

Posted

nu am card sd :)
daca aveti alea aplicatiile stock sterse de la org nu va merge:)) am reflashuit stock orgrod si a mers.

Use english guys ;) this is an international forum

Anyway just as an advice. Instead of deleting stock bloatware use something like Titanium or a similar prog. to freeze all of it ;) and just defrost them if you need it for updates ;)

Posted

so has anyone found out the change log?

Posted

The update can be found here. It's via update.zip-ASR.

Posted (edited)

Hello. I've just downloaded the update and tried to install it, but it always fails. Why? I haven't rooted my phone or anything.. After the update starts, the android icon is changing immediately to that "robot" laying down with a warning.. then it restarts and it says that update failed.

Help please?

Edited by hack23

Posted (edited)

are you sure you're version of android is orgrod? and you did not delete any stock firmware (you said that it's not but perhaps you rooted it deleted something and unrooted)? try go into recovery and do a hard reset then try again

Edited by apometru

Posted

Absolutely sure :D sunt roman. I reseted my phone 2 days ago (from settings, not hard reset)..

Posted (edited)

i know you are romanian but it's an international forum as someone pointed me out. dude try the stock firmware from vache (stock firmware thread) and install the orgrod version but beware it f**s you're wifi and you have to put the wifi driver (wifi issues thread). then try to update. i installed that from vache and enabled wifi but because i deleted stock apps i had to reflash and enable driver again, applied the update and it worked (you have to unroot the phone for the update to work)

Edited by apometru

Posted

My wifi is already f***ed up :D that's why I can't wait to upgrade it, I read it helps the wifi..

Posted (edited)

i don't know where you read that but it doesn't help

i have the same problems some wi-fi networks work some don't

Edited by apometru

Posted

If i rooted my phone, how can I install the update OTA ? It sais "This system update is not available for your device". Do i have to unroot the phone?

Daca am facut root la telefon , cum pot sa instalez update-ul OTA? cand intru la actualizare sisetm, dau verificare acum si zice " Aceasta actualizare de sistem nu este permisa pentru dispozitivul dumneavoastra". Trebuie sa fac unroot? Mentionez ca nu am sters nici o aplicatie orange!

Posted

yes, you will have to temp unroot it for the update to work, the updated version of SuperUser and Supersu allow you to do that ...

Posted

ok...someone managed to do a successfully update?any changes...any improvements?i waste a lot of time customizing my phone,deleted a lot of Orange crap apps...so if the update doesn`t bring anything big...i will stay on the preinstalled verstion until Jelly Bean comes to my phone.

Posted (edited)

eu l-am pus singurul lucru diferit mi se pare ca e mai... rapid?!? dar poate e doar efectul:)))

i installed it... it seems a bit faster but maybe that's just the placepo effect:)))))

Edited by apometru

Posted

Anyone with this update tried to unlock the bootloader using vache tutorial?does it work?

Posted

Anyone with this update tried to unlock the bootloader using vache tutorial?does it work?

The tutorial posted for unlocking BL is for JB version. If we try it on 4.0.4. it can/will brick our phone...

Posted

The tutorial posted for unlocking BL is for JB version. If we try it on 4.0.4. it can/will brick our phone...

too bad...it bugs me off every time i want to enter in recovery mode i have to connect the phone to PC.it would be more easily just to flash the recovery partition.but for that we need bootloader unlocked :(