r12 (JDQ39 / CM 10.1): MoDaCo CyanogenMod Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sk1mble

Hi Paul. For some reason the Enhanced Power Menu is no longer giving me 'reboot to recover' and other options under 'reboot', it just says "Your phone will reboot, continue y/n". Any idea why this might be? I've tried turning the option for the reboot menu off and on in the settings and when this option is off the reboot menu item completely disappears.

Never mind, found the answer here: https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/iWRWc4bdXJb I left the post here for anyone else who didn't realise there was a change.

Edited by Sk1mble

Guest nwijma

Thanx Paul, very smooth. Only problem I have is that the swype function of the keyboard doesn't work. You see the swype action but no input is made.

Guest Sk1mble

Hmm. My phone's been really struggling on this ROM for the last couple of releases, even now I've got Franco's kernel working. Paul, can you give me any advice on finding out what the problem is? It's got around 100MB of RAM free most of the time which seems a bit low... Swype Beta seems to be taking up huge amounts of RAM. I'm not sure if this is the problem though. Maybe I should try ODEXing.

Edit: Using the Odex me now app caused a boot crash which I could fix by re-flashing R9, odd.Anyway, the slowdown appears to be caused by Lightflow. I disabled it and my phone was back to normal. Might be because "run as foreground app" was ticked, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Edited by Sk1mble

Guest David Bate
the slowdown appears to be caused by Lightflow. I disabled it and my phone was back to normal. Might be because "run as foreground app" was ticked, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I had the same issue with light flow and a couple of other apps in the run as foreground mode.

Guest PaulOBrien

The kitchen has been update to the very latest nightly!

If kitchen users can test over the weekend and confirm all is well (back up first of course!), then i'll put the prebake live Monday.

There will be another ROM update next week which will be the first with some MCR features starting to move to an Xposed module, making it easy to toggle MCR features on and off!

P

Guest Chewy11

MCMCR r11 for the GNEX downloaded. Weekend test drive to commence around 16:00 eastern. Franco kernel and Rogers baseband in tow.

Thank you Paul, for the Friday ROM playday :-)

Guest Sk1mble

Paul, forgive me for being a noob but I think I need to reduce the size of my ROM installation to free up a bit more system memory for general use. If I select a few less "install to system" options when I bake the ROM though I suspect it's going to leave them if they're already installed, just not install new copies? So what's the most effective way to free up some space on the system partition please?

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul, forgive me for being a noob but I think I need to reduce the size of my ROM installation to free up a bit more system memory for general use. If I select a few less "install to system" options when I bake the ROM though I suspect it's going to leave them if they're already installed, just not install new copies? So what's the most effective way to free up some space on the system partition please?

That's not really how Android works... The system partition is always a fixed size. Also, it's wiped on ROM install so old system stuff is removed.

I suspect you're really short of space on the data partition?

Guest Sk1mble

Hmm. It's RAM I'm a bit short on - it's routinely operating with 70 - 100MB of free memory but if I add together the memory usage by the apps shown in the Apps manager it only comes to around 160MB... so I figured the rest of the space must be taken up by the OS on the internal memory. With this little RAM things are caching in and out quite a lot and after, for example, playing Hanging With Friends the launcher/phone takes a few seconds to return to normal as the launcher is restored to the foreground. Any tips?

Guest Chewy11

I'm getting 'system UI not responding', no status bar, even after full wipes. recooking now.

Recooked...same 'Unfortunately, System UI has stopped...

Reverting to previous build.

Edited by Chewy11

Guest Sk1mble

R11 is working fine for me, but then I'm using Nova Launcher rather than Trebuchet or the MoDaCo launcher, which might be something to do with it.

Guest Chewy11

ok well my previous build flash failed too, so back to stock and then r11 again.

I had been using the Modaco launcher with landscape support.

Guest devilishone

Uprgrading from r9 to r11 for me caused constant "system ui has stopped working" issues and I am using Nova Pro as my launcher. Reverted to r9

Guest Drekus

Hi,

Since r9, I have problems with "Bluetooth data sharing" (I'm not sure of the words, it said : "Partage Bluetooth" in french)

- when I do a panoramic view, Bluetooth sharing forces close (why ?), and the panoramic view isn't saved

- my bluetooth headset works normally, but it doesn't work in my car. Surely because Bluetooth forces close when the car tries to get contact phone numbers...

Do you have the same issues ?

Guest Sk1mble

Hi Paul, downloading now. If anyone else has installed it and it's good let me know; I don't have enough space to do a cwm backup of my phone!

Guest Drekus

Still same problem with bluetooth contact share.

I full-wiped, and with r12, it's still the same issue.

Do someone else have the same problem ?

Agree with Sk1mble, the 2 buttons are not so easy to use in the Store, but Paul cannot do anything for this ;)

• 2 months later...