How to get around the "Adding card..." and "Failed adding card" issues with r87 patched wallet

Guest TheBishopOfSoho

Guest TheBishopOfSoho

Hi all, Ive spent the bones of all of yesterday working on this trying to figure out how to get r87 (latest version of Patched wallet) working on my Nexus 4 here in the UK. The install instructions aren't complete (well, unless you want to trawl 600-odd posts in the thread, you will work it out eventually), so thought I would just list the steps I took to finally get it working, in the hope that I save someone, somewhere a few frustrating hours.

First of all, the install. I will assume you are rooted and have a File Manager with root access. I downloaded the apk from this site, copied it to /system/bin. Then change owner to root:root for owner and group permissions and set the permissions as rw - r - r. Once thats done, immediately wipe your dalvik cache and reboot. \

Before you start Wallet, you need a working account. I will also assume you have some form of US card with a US address for Wallet as currently thats the only way it will work. I got mine from BFPS, which Paul mentioned in his post as working (and works for me).

The thing that kept getting me was that I was adding my US vanilla prepaid card to my UK Google account. That failed every time. What eventually worked for me was creating a clean gmail account, with all US details (Do a search for houses for sale in Oregon or Delaware, same as the instructions when setting up your BFPS card, use any address but store the address for later). Once the account is up and running, go to the Wallet website on PC and add your ready-to-use prepaid card, with whatever address is configured for it.

Go to Play store and make a single small purchase, anything at all, and make sure you choose this new card in the new account. Play allows you to choose which account and payment method to use each time.

Now, open wallet, choose your new US account as the account to register, and your US card should show up, activate it, and boom, 30 seconds later you should be up and running.

Ive got my card with $100 dollars on and was able to purchase a bus fare on a London bus this morning without any problems.

Hoope this helps someone along!