[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM stable V6 (finalized beta V47) English (2014-04-24)

Guest pOcHa

• 4 weeks later...
Guest derei

I tried the ROM downloaded from the first post... but the SD cards seem swapped. Is that the intended behavior, or just a bug?

See the image below for details

1rt45g.png

Guest pOcHa

that's just what the "settings -> storage" is saying, it's a well known and long standing huawei bug, simply disregard it, everything is working as it should

and i mounted the internal sd card purely for convenience, just so you'll have a ready shortcut to it in every app - you don't need to manually navigate to "file system root/mnt/sdcard2/"

Edited by pOcHa

Guest derei

and i mounted the internal sd card purely for convenience, just so you'll have a shortcut to it in all apps (it doesn't say internal, simply as there is no such a thing, it emulates the external sd card - as some devices do not even have a slot for an external sd card)

So, you are saying that you made this so all apps to be installed on the internal partition and the external SD to be used as additional storage space for whatever the user wants to?

I was also thinking to use this mod for the exactly same purpose: to put everything on the internal partition... but I'm guessing that I don't need that anymore... is that right?

Also... is it safe to physically remote the SD without unmounting it? I'm afraid to not damage the card (or the phome).

Other than that, the ROM seem to work fine (until now).

Guest pOcHa

no, i edited my last post for clarification

that mod you mentioned does exactly what you want (moves apps to internal sd card, but leaves external as the default storage)

there is also my separate addon (same link as the rom) that sets internal sd card as the default storage, so you don't even need the external one anymore - your apps will also be on the internal, but you will be limited to only 2GB (so you can't install apps with extra data larger than that)

and always unmount (on the PC as well), or you risk data corruption

Edited by pOcHa

Guest derei

and always unmount (on the PC as well), or you risk data corruption

Unfortunately, because the SD storage units are inverted now (the external is seen as internal and the unmounting command unmounts the 2gb internal partition), is not possible to unmount my card before removing it... and this is a problem.

Is any way to make the phone to see them as is should see them? I want to leave the external storage as default, but to use that mod to move my apps in the internal partition.

I'm not very experienced in android matters, so all I can do is follow instructions step by step... and I don't fully understand what I'm doing... but if instructions are correct, I can follow them :D

Guest derei

Regarding this earlier post , I can't explain it, but now the cards are detected in the correct way: the external SD is the actual external card... And I cannot be mistaking: when I installed Baidu, the external SD was detected as internal partition.

As you can see in that earlier post, in the "internal sd card" I had some space occupied - it was the Baidu ROM... and the detected "external" was completely empty - because I had nothing on my internal sd partititon.

Any possible explanation why it's now different?

For detailed visual explanation I attached a image that shows comparison between the initial status (explained in my earlier post) and how it's now...

ou2ukn.png

Guest pOcHa

that's just what the "settings -> storage" is saying, it's a well known and long standing huawei bug, simply disregard it, everything is working as it should

but I already told you, why are you so OCD about it? it doesn't affect anything at all...

Guest derei

but I already told you, why are you so OCD about it? it doesn't affect anything at all...

I was just worried because I never encountered this before... just thought to report it in case it's some bug. That's all.

Btw... google play seem to not work at all. It crashes all the time. Do I need to install something newer?

Guest sedj

It does effect the use of themes, you can either use them or not depending on which way it mounts the sd card. Also effects the downloading of themes in the way in that it does not download or does dependant on the sd mount, i had the same issue when using link2int with this rom. Its a strange one but nowadays i dont bother with link2int and just use it as is and themes are there and always have the same sd mount etc.

Maybe derei is using link2int ??

Guest pOcHa

Btw... google play seem to not work at all. It crashes all the time. Do I need to install something newer?

it's already the latest version, but i forgot to include the required service... there is a fix now (same link as the rom), just flash it

It does effect the use of themes, you can either use them or not depending on which way it mounts the sd card. Also effects the downloading of themes in the way in that it does not download or does dependant on the sd mount, i had the same issue when using link2int with this rom. Its a strange one but nowadays i dont bother with link2int and just use it as is and themes are there and always have the same sd mount etc.

don't know about the compatibility of that mod - but for the themes just copy the ".BaiduTheme" folder to the default storage (from the other sd card)

Edited by pOcHa

Guest derei

That is what I wanted... but as long as SD detection jumps around I cannot :( .. so I had to try a different ROM that doesn't do that.

Maybe this will got improved in time.

Good Luck!

Guest Geoff2

Derei - which ROM did you end up using? I'm interested in trying a newer ROM which works with Link2Int. I was thinking of SlimBean.

Guest derei

Derei - which ROM did you end up using? I'm interested in trying a newer ROM which works with Link2Int. I was thinking of SlimBean.

After testing and re-testing, at this moment I have Stock+ and seem to work flawlessly. I like Baidu versions more... but at this moment it seem that all of them have some bugs... so I will wait a little longer for them.

@pOcHa... will you, please, tell me what apps are used for Camera and Clock in Baidu ROM ? I would like to have them, despite I don't use Baidu ROM at this moment... thanks.

Guest pOcHa

there are absolutely no bugs in any of my versions of Baidu - but apps and mods made specifically for stock based roms may simply not be compatible

and sd detection was never a problem, the default storage is always the external sd card - there is an addon if you want to switch it to internal (and i see now that your external sd card is actually smaller than the internal one - so why not simply use my addon then, as it is not a hack)

the apps are called... wait for it... BaiduCamera and BaiduClock (the shocker!) - but they probably relay on baidu framework, so you would have to copy a lot of files for them to work on another rom, and that may cause bugs there

Guest pOcHa

and i mounted the internal sd card purely for convenience, just so you'll have a ready shortcut to it in every app - you don't need to manually navigate to "file system root/mnt/sdcard2/"

and this is actually the intended behavior by default, but in the stock roms there is a simple spelling error in one of the config files that prevents it - and everyone else is just blindly carbon copying it in their custom roms, so that is why you don't see it anywhere else

and if you use my addon to make the internal sd card the default storage, then it becomes the "file system root/mnt/sdcard/", and the external one is now "file system root/mnt/sdcard2/"

Guest derei

there are absolutely no bugs in any of my versions of Baidu - but apps and mods made specifically for stock based roms may simply not be compatible

Well, maybe "bugs" was too much to say... but I noticed some things, like apps disappearing after I used Link2SD, rooting problems (now is rooted, now is not... - I mean Root Uninstaller was acting funny sometimes), some glitches with mobile data... it was like something was dragging it down, slowing it, and it seemed somewhat difficult to connect to low-signal WiFi. Also, small chinese remains.

Still, yours was the best Baidu I have tested.

and sd detection was never a problem, the default storage is always the external sd card - there is an addon if you want to switch it to internal (and i see now that your external sd card is actually smaller than the internal one - so why not simply use my addon then, as it is not a hack)

Well, I am trying to use both SD cards (int. and ext.) ... my external one is also 2GB but seen slightly smaller after formatting (maybe due cluster size?). So, Link2SD seem the best choice, as I keep the ext. as default storage, and all apps are routed in the internal SD.

the apps are called... wait for it... BaiduCamera and BaiduClock (the shocker!) - but they probably relay on baidu framework, so you would have to copy a lot of files for them to work on another rom, and that may cause bugs there

Yeah, thanks... I asked this because I couldn't find anything on Google Play, so I had to assume that it may have a non-suggestive name.

I just extracted them from the ROM ... but as you said here... wasn't possible to install them :( ... too bad.

Guest Mikac

sadly, no, you got me there - but they did mention a fix in the next v28

they are releasing it today?

Edited by Mikac