How can I root my ICS phone?

Guest kerrit

HI, I have ICS on my phone and how can I root that? I need the best way to root, the safest way. I tried to root my phone using this tutorial but nothing happened to my phone, could someone tell me what is wrong, or what I need to do to root it using that turotial here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1850464

And I need bootloader unlocking tutorial too. Please suggest good links that really work:)

I tried to do this too but my computer doesnt let me download RootG300.exe every time I try to download it says RootG300.exe couldn't be downloaded. Can you help me?

I turned off the security software and I downloaded it now successfully but it says that RootG300.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer, should I ignore that? anbd is it safe?:)

Guest bladebuddy
I turned off the security software and I downloaded it now successfully but it says that RootG300.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer, should I ignore that? anbd is it safe?:)

Ignore it as its pickup up the file has exploits in it . This is quite normal and needed.

This worked for me when I was (I think) on stock B936 ICS:

http://huaweig300.co...he-huawei-g300/

from this longer tutorial:

http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

I did everything what it sayd but after rooting it I cant find superuser and nothing happened. While it was rooting in a black box it sayd to some things "not found" What should I do?

I did everything what it sayd but after rooting it I cant find superuser and nothing happened. While it was rooting in a black box it sayd to some things "not found" What should I do?

Follow the instructions?

Troubleshooting

If you are stuck on < waiting for device > for longer than 10 minutes, or receive error device not found, unplug the cable from your computer and plug it into another USB port. It's best to plug it into a port on the back of your computer. If this doesn't fix the problem, disconnect your phone, restart your computer and phone, and then try again. If this still doesn't fix the problem, make sure you have installed the USB drivers correctly.

Edited by dalyer

Yes, I sayd that I did everything there was but still it says while its rooting "Cannot stat temp-root/mempodroid no such file or directory" I hope you understand what I meant.

Edited by kerrit

Yeah! atleast rooted my phone:D I had to turn my security fully off:D thanks, im noob with superuser, how can I use this and do I have to unlock bootloader too?