[DEV][ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly2 - ParanoidAndroid 3.+/AOSP- Android 4.2.2 (29/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Possible. PA team has announced some time ago that it is somehow broken after upgrade to 4.2.2 because something dramatically changed at the AOSP source code level

that affected their Toggles implementation in a negative way.

They are planning to fix it.

Guest omegavesko

nice men......

sorry for asking but can u fix camera flash? it doesn´t work :(

sorry for my bad english

Camera flash definitely isn't something we can fix in the foreseeable future. Sorry.

Guest silva87

Camera flash definitely isn't something we can fix in the foreseeable future. Sorry.

:( damn........ its a beautifull rom with this little problem.....

thanks omagavesko...

is it possible for any android rom ( 4.0 or +) to haves camera flash working??

Guest plegdroid

:( damn........ its a beautifull rom with this little problem.....

thanks omagavesko...

is it possible for any android rom ( 4.0 or +) to haves camera flash working??

currently not possible :)

Does C3C0 know that the FM radio has been fixed? I hope he makes a new build including the new kernel and the FM fix, if he could fix the bluetooth too, this ROM would be as functional as the original stock ROM of our ZTE Skates.

I added a new build to the first post.

Two major changes:

• FM radio! Finally, and it's working quite well. The FmRadioReceiver app is more or less just a demo application, but for the time being, it works good enough.
  • Updated KGSL drivers. KGSL is the kernel part of the GPU driver, and the update fixes out of memory issues which usually resulted in white textures in games and demanding applications. It might also improve stability, there are loads of changes and many bugfixes in the new driver.

link to quote : http://www.modaco.com/topic/360395-devrom262-cyanogenmod-10-continuation-of-konstats-work/page__st__320#entry2095344

Edited by thomcd

Guest razzmataz1478

sort of O/T, but relevant. does anyone know how to change library path at smali level for a apk? as in port arm7 apk to arm6 :)

Depends. Shared library or a lib the app comes with? If the latter, the lib would need binary hacking.

Sorry for the not-so-much-answer as I honestly don't know.

Guest plegdroid

Depends. Shared library or a lib the app comes with? If the latter, the lib would need binary hacking.

Sorry for the not-so-much-answer as I honestly don't know.

Thank You for the answer. it gives me something to Google. :D thanks Ryan :)

Guest aamiel

You can downgrade but you will need to redownload your apps. You can backup the data though. I do it very often

Edited by aamiel

No. Library that talks to hardware is a black box. Only ZTE could fix it.

I wonder if that's really true. The camera flash is a simple LED, it is not rocket science to switch it on and off. Have you tried tracing what system calls the library makes?

Our camera hal is too far from being compatible with stock liboemcamera.so

Majority of functions missing. So we use the blade liboemcamera. It's hard to write new hal to talk to original liboemcamera without having documentation. On the other side I am quite sure you with your great skills could come up with something :) Wanna start a new project? :)

Guest omegavesko

I wonder if that's really true. The camera flash is a simple LED, it is not rocket science to switch it on and off. Have you tried tracing what system calls the library makes?

You make it sound easy. :P

Do you think it's possible to keep it on continuously? Even on Gingerbread you can only have it on for a split second, so it can't be used as a flashlight.

Guest wizard.no.84

Hi to all

i was off for some time, cause i wanted to give this rome couple of days on the go, and then present problems.

most annoying is graphical glitching. sometimes when im exiting from facebook or browser i feel like entering to quantum nebula thru a inter intergalactic wormhole.. :blink:

mostly is area around the status bar, (witch i noticed same glitch in CM rooms, but sometimes is thru a whole screen)

then there is waking. i takes up to 3-4 min after restart to fully stabilize so i can use normally the phone. i even installed seeder v7 and it works, but only in drawer and home screens..

but waking still the biggest problem.

also, i noticed that my download manager is not working properly for some reason. when i want to download something from i.e browser or tapa (pisc for i.e) it wont start download. file is created in download folder with 0b and downloading stays at 0% (until i erase the file from down folder)

also, i noticed some glitching even in booting. i got custom flash screen (google color) and i see some glitch on the "google" text (for about 1 sec)

so i think its a graphics lib issue.

other then that, its this rom is usable. not found any other major problems.

and, for the ending, is there a way to make dev options be persistent (to survive a restart)? to explain, when i select some options in developer, after restart they are unchecked..

options that dont survive restart

-Disable HW overlays

-Force 4x MSAA

-Background process limit

The first option does nothing on our hardware.

The second one - I see no point of using it. If it works on our hardware it would slow things down because picture is antialiased which adds additional overhead to gpu.

I doubt that the game functionality depends on what you set in developer options. Remember that dev options are hidden from normal users by default.