• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[TOOL] S500 SIM Unlock v1.1

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is a tool that will disable SIM Lock on Acer CloudMobile.

sim_unlock.png

Before using it, be sure that you have CloudMobile drivers installed. (if not, download them from

here)

Connect your phone to your computer.

Unzip "S500 Unlock Tool.exe" then execute it.

Be sure that you can see "DIAG" and "ADB" like on the screenshot. (if not, enable USB Debugging in developper options)

Then check this

post.

You're done !

Edited by vache

Posted · Report post

OMFG WAS WAITING FOR THIS WHEN I FIRST SAW THE ACER SERVICE TOOL :P

Posted · Report post

Congratulation, VACHE !!!! You are The Best!

RESPECT!

Posted · Report post

it says fail to me

Posted · Report post

Same here, fail..

Posted · Report post

works great, for those who says fail, dont hit deactivate, just hit get key and then insert another sim card from another operator and when asked for for code insert the unlock code provided by the "get key button"

Posted · Report post

works great, for those who says fail, dont hit deactivate, just hit get key and then insert another sim card from another operator and when asked for for code insert the unlock code provided by the "get key button"

Thanks for the tip, OP updated. ;)

Posted · Report post

F^#&#ing awesome Vache!!!Romania thanks you for this tool!All Orange RO users will use this tool:P

Good job man!

ok...in my case...the diag and adb is not avalaible!Drivers are installed and ADB is activated on developers settings!what would be the problem!i got windows 7 Ultimate X64 and my cloud mobile is locked on Orange RO.this tool works on avery firmware or just with this new update?

EDIT: After installed the drivers provided by Vache on the first post...on Windows 7 x64,in device manager still remains three devices with no drivers installed.One of them is the Acer Diag interace.Just use Windows update...and on "Optional Updates" you should see the drivers for the three devices.

Edited by Alexandru.k_24

Posted · Report post

I don't need it, but nevertheless, again great work from Vache ! Tnx !

Posted · Report post

Could anyone confirme that is work on Orange Romania phones?

B.R.

Posted · Report post

It does as they are the only simlocked Cloudmobile around ;-)

Posted · Report post

can u give us a tutorial please

Posted · Report post

Did you read the first post? This is the tutorial...

Posted · Report post

Hello, I'm facing this problem when trying to get the unlock key:

s500.png

The Unlock Key is not working,it says unsuccessful.Any solutions ? Thanks in advance.

Posted · Report post

Man...just enter an invalid sim...and when it asks for network key insert the key provided.i faced the same problem but when i tried with a vodafone sim card(my phone is locked on orqnge) it worked...my phone was unblocked.

Posted · Report post

I tried a vodafone and cosmote sim but the unlock key is not working :|

Posted · Report post

deactivate reboot on the program and try again.

Posted · Report post

Hello Vache, Cloudmobile users,

I tried to use the tool in subject to get the SIM unlock code, but I received the following error:

problema_acer_sim_unlock.png

I want to add that I tried the tool on the last batch of Acer Cloud Mobile S500 sold by Orange Romania.

The phone was bought on 2013.02.14 and it came with Android 4.0.4 installed.

One more thing, I tried the tool both on my laptop and PC with the Windows 7 Professional installed, but I got the same error. Tried all USB ports, but no success.

I want to mention that I first installed Vache's drivers and then connected the phone, as in the tutorial.

Is this error being caused by this latest version of Android that the phone came with?

Many thanks in advance for your effort and reply.

Posted · Report post

For Orange Romania not working!!! :(

Posted · Report post

Try it on a computer you didn't connect cloud mobile to before. Install the drivers from vache (link in the root tool), connect the phone with debugging and unknown sources enable, then start the unlock tool. If not working maybe that is the improvement this update brought: no easy unlock. Thank you Orange again!

Posted · Report post

I'm using baseband version Acer_AV043_QV153611_S500_1.027.00_EMEA_ORGROD

Posted · Report post

"Try it on a computer you didn't connect cloud mobile to before. Install the drivers from vache (link in the root tool), connect the phone with debugging and unknown sources enable, then start the unlock tool. If not working maybe that is the improvement this update brought: no easy unlock. Thank you Orange again!"

Not working!

One my s500 work with out problems. Carrier Orange Romania. I use windows Xp sp3,my phone have version. acer_av043_s500_1.022.00_emea_orgrod i thing the guys with eror don`t have a good drivers. Drivers for the phone i download for oficial acer web page: http://www.acer.ro/ac/ro/RO/content/drivers The phone have stock orange firmware witout ota updates. VACHE thanks a lot you are the best ;)

Edited by kerne_l

i think for me the unlocker worked even if the program showed me an error ....i used it with out changing the sim . the phone was locked on orange romania and when i tried to do it whit a different sim card .. the sim worked... i don't think orange romania sold me an unlocked phone.I have not tried until now another sim card

Edited by ykil