New Bootloader that (potentially) fixes "3G reboot" issue released

Guest ACS10

Guest dalyer

Well I always had wifi enabled and still got the reboots so not sure that that's significant in general? But then no general pattern to or theory behind this whole "3G reboot" thing has ever been clearly established as far as I can see. I've been meaning to try to get it to happen and then capture some logs (logcat, kmesg) in case that helps to shed some light on it. If anybody has any advice/suggestions please shout. Thanks.

Guest pekahk

If it is the bootloader that causes the reboots or signal lost .. Can I load original bootloader to my G300 ? maybe stupid question .. or not ?

Guest jsevi83

If it is the bootloader that causes the reboots or signal lost .. Can I load original bootloader to my G300 ? maybe stupid question .. or not ?

Yes you can. I made a post about it here:

Guest Rinnegan

Since using b952 update.app its solved my reboot problem, it would always reboot after just reconnecting to 3g after a signal drop. It happened loads before while I was on the train always in the same area.

Guest HappyCerberus

I keep getting "device offline" any idea how to solve this? I tried rebooting and switching USB ports. Didn't help. I'm using Linux.

Guest HappyCerberus

Wow, I have figured it out. If anyone else is getting "device offline" error, try this:

1. download the latest adb, from the android SDK
  2. put it into the adb directory from the unpacked zip (and rename it accordingly)
  3. when you start the script, check your phone, there will be a security pop-up that you need to confirm (this will only happen with the new version of adb)

• 2 months later...

I'm kind of a noob... Could anyone explain how to install it, please?

I use the Electra ROM by Kyan31, so I don't have to root it again, right?

I'm using a mac.

Thanks.

Guest george109

I'm kind of a noob... Could anyone explain how to install it, please?

I use the Electra ROM by Kyan31, so I don't have to root it again, right?

I'm using a mac.

Thanks.

You don't need a new bootloader any more, you can officially unlock it with my tutorial (http://www.modaco.com/topic/362821-)

Guest george109

But will that solve the 3g reboot issues?

Sorry, I was slightly confusing earlier. This is the original bootloader, that your phone came with when you bought it. There will be no more 3G reboots, as it's the original one.

Sorry, I was slightly confusing earlier. This is the original bootloader, that your phone came with when you bought it. There will be no more 3G reboots, as it's the original one.

Thank you

Guest george109
I can't seem to find the instructions for mac...

Sorry. I do not have a mac so I can't make instructions for it. If you google: mac adb, then you can follow the instructions, after setting up. If you go to huaweig300.com and then look for USB drivers in I want to install a Custom JB ROM.

Edited by george109

• 1 month later...
Guest Soruk

Help?!

I've just installed this, it seemed to go as planned, now my phone sits in a boot loop flashing the Huawei logo.

ANY way to fix this?? I have backed up the original mmcblk0p9 and mmcblk0p14 on to my SD card.

Guest Soruk

I would be inclined to restore my Nandroid backup or force update an update.app to try to recover this.

How would I do this? USB isn't detected on the computer at any point during this boot loop, and holding either Vol+ or Vol- while powering on makes no difference at all.

Guest Soruk

I'm pleased to say the phone is alive, albeit effectively factory reset. Having discovered both Vol+ and Vol- together gave me a purple screen. Googling that sent me here --> <-- and using the ics-b952-update I've managed to unbrick the phone.

Guest dalyer

I didn't know what you meant by a force update. A link (such as what I found) would have helped...

I already linked to the "official bootloader unlock" tutorial which explains the "force update" and why it should be done! :unsure:

• 11 months later...
Guest Sihar PP

I have a Huawei Ascend Y300 smart phone. They get restart always when it go to sleep mode. how i can fix this problem  ....? Help me pleeees..