[Recovery] ClockWorkMod v6.0.1.5 (LAVA iris 501 / Prestigio Multiphone 5000 DUO)

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Guest fahad.sagittarius

In order to root your device, you first need to install device driver for your phone (download link for drivers can be found at the end of this post). After installing all the drivers follow the steps given below to successfully root Lava iris series Android phones:

• Extract “Root (IRIS).zip” and open “RunMe.bat” file
  • Select option “1” and follow the screen instruction. DO NOT HURRY. It might take up to 20 seconds for your device to respond!
  • On your device select “Restore” and wait for at least 30 seconds (Do not disconnect your device)
  • Your device will reboot and you should be able to see “Superuser” in your app drawer
  • Congratulation your device is successfully rooted

Flashing CWM Recovery (iris 501):
    • Download and install “Mobile Uncle Tool.apk”
    • Download “Recovery CWM 6.0.1.5 (IRIS)” and extract it to your SD card
    • The extracted image file should be on the root directory of SD card
    • In app drawer, open “Mobile Uncle Tool” (Your phone should be rooted)
    • Allow super user permission
    • “Recovery Update” and select “recovery_cwm_6.0.1.5_iris”
    • Click “OK” to confirm reboot into recovery mode and you’re done
    • Your phone should reboot into CWM recovery

Installing Gapps:

[*]Download “Gapps-ICS-iris-Signed.zip” and place it on your SD card

[*]Reboot into CWM recovery, select wipe cache then wipe Dalvik

[*]Select file “Gapps-ICS-iris-Signed.zip” and install

[*]Reboot and then re-reboot to CWM recovery

[*]Select wipe cache then wipe Dalvik and subsequently do factory reset

[*]Done and now you will not miss out any app on Play Store

Mobile Uncle Tool: http://mediafire.com/?442a3yo38yfgsqx

Recovery CWM 6.0.1.5 (IRIS) [updated]: http://mediafire.com/?cbz5kl87mav152t

Gapps-ICS-iris-Signed.zip: http://mediafire.com/?h461mrwvmhh2yd3

Drivers (IRIS): http://mediafire.com/?42ybtsamukvab44

Root (IRIS): http://mediafire.com/?8c0giq9k4f88idm

PS: In order to install the drivers, right click on each “.inf” file and select install.

Edited by fahad.sagittarius

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your head up and making first post about Lava Iris 501, most users currently are so lost in finding information about this model specific

mods.

As I already rooted this phone I tried installing your mentioned CWM Recovery, but it doesn't show up in the list when i select "Update recovery"

it lists 17 results and mostly with chinese names, I carefully examined all the file names, none of them shows any signs of your provided file

which is already on root of my SD CARD.

Any leads what I am missing here.

Guest fahad.sagittarius

I have updated the download link. It shud work now. And before updating turn off mobile data and wifi. Only one recovery will be listed. That shud be the one i mentioned in above tutorial. Good Luck

Thanks a lot, its installed and I am now making a Nandroid backup from CWM Recovery.

few things, hope this has replaced the restricted android recovery which came on stock rom, with installed CWM now.

will the phone load CWM using the volume key, home + power button combination ?

Else I think something like this would be needed.

Lastly, I bought a USB OTG cable, but phone dies as soon as its plugged in, seems our phone doesn't has OTG drivers, however other devices from this

chipset (mtk6577)has it, so there must be some drivers to have USB OTG working for sure.

0BO9lVo.jpg

giuzdGh.jpg

Guest fahad.sagittarius

To boot into CWM recovery. Power on ur phone while holding vol up button. No need to press home key. And OTG is not supported by this device. As u said, it instantly got switch off.

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Why do u want to root? There is no custom rom, no CWM recovery, stock kernel does not support overclock. So whts the need of rooting? And if u still want to root. Abv method shud work. But u have to search ADB drivers on ur own!

Hi This is karthik, i am using Lava n320 android mobile i need to root can u plz help me.

i used ur stuff i meam i tried i501 ADB Drives it is failed

plz help me how to root Lava n320 mobile.

this is my mail id [email protected]

To boot into CWM recovery. Power on ur phone while holding vol up button. No need to press home key. And OTG is not supported by this device. As u said, it instantly got switch off.

Thanks again, I was able to reboot directly into CWM using a small reboot app i use (Quick boot).

As stock rom doesn't has advanced power menu, I use the above one to reboot since day one.

One bug in Iris 501, its affecting a lot of Applications on playstore, they get refused and cannot be installed.

If i try playstore, it says incompatible, if i try to use "APK" saved from my other device, installation fails.

example, try installing this caller info I think editing "build.prop" should help,

can you please suggest something

Thanks again for your patience

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Flash Gapps i have uploaded in the post abv. That will fix the problem. All the apps are working fine for me nw..

Thanks again, I was able to reboot directly into CWM using a small reboot app i use (Quick boot).

As stock rom doesn't has advanced power menu, I use the above one to reboot since day one.

One bug in Iris 501, its affecting a lot of Applications on playstore, they get refused and cannot be installed.

If i try playstore, it says incompatible, if i try to use "APK" saved from my other device, installation fails.

example, try installing this caller info I think editing "build.prop" should help,

can you please suggest something

Thanks again for your patience

Flash Gapps i have uploaded in the post abv. That will fix the problem. All the apps are working fine for me nw..

I too did that, However I didn't do factory reset yet

I am able to install APK's of earlier non-compatible app from sdcard but not from market.

Steps I followed

1). took full backup from titanium backup

2). pulled all apps from system folder to backup on computer

3). downloaded latest gapps from "goo.im/gapps"

4). flashed the downloaded zip using CWM Recovery

5). cleared dalvik and cache partition

6). Restored Accounts and contacts using Titanium backup

7). restored maps using titanium.

phone is smooth as before, I don't see any other reason except that APK which were not installing are now installing.

but still playstore gives incompatible warnings and doesn't lets me install few apps.

I already had many tweaks done before updating gapps and usually had 200mb free RAM and now its also similar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest fahad.sagittarius

I tried porting Canvas 2 JB ROM for iris 501. When i flashed it first, the device was not booting at all. So i replaced kernel with stock kernel and got stuck at boot logo. Finally extracted bin, etc, vendor, usr and xbin from stock ROM and replaced it in canvas 2 ROM. Then i was able to see canvas 2 boot animation but got stuck in bootloop. I tried for 2 complete days but not able to get any further. If this information is helpful to anyone, you can proceed further. I am sure that porting canvas 2 ROM will not be that tough as it has same specification as of iris 501. But i am not able to find the root cause for bootloop. If any one have good knowledge of android development and have ported ROMs in past can make this possible. Try to take some help from other developers.

Edited by fahad.sagittarius

I tried porting Canvas 2 JB ROM for iris 501. When i flashed it first, the device was not booting at all. So i replaced kernel with stock kernel and got stuck at boot logo. Finally extracted bin, etc, vendor, usr and xbin from stock ROM and replaced it in canvas 2 ROM. Then i was able to see canvas 2 boot animation but got stuck in bootloop. I tried for 2 complete days but not able to get any further. If this information is helpful to anyone, you can proceed further. I am sure that porting canvas 2 ROM will not be that tough as it has same specification as of iris 501. But i am not able to find the root cause for bootloop. If any one have good knowledge of android development and have ported ROMs in past can make this possible. Try to take some help from other developers.

were you able to switch back to original Stock ROM which came with Iris 501 ?

can you mention the size of nandroid backup if you have it for your phone, I will proceed with Custom ROM only when I am sure of backup.

I am sure you were stuck at bootloop cause base ROM for Canvas and Iris are different, this will certainly give boot loops and can even lead to BRICKED phone.

do not try this until you are sure what you are doing as it can permanently damage the flash memory on MB.

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Yes i have nandroid back up for my phone. And its size is around 510 MB (earlier it was around 720 MB). That include few downloaded apps from play store as well so that will vary. I can easily switch between roms using cwm recovery. Flashing canvas 2 rom is not a problem as both are identical device with same mb. There are few differences which i feel is the main reason for bootloops (or bcuz port rom is JB and base is ICS). It took 2 full days for me to reach even bootloop. Earlier phone was not even passing bootlogo. U need to do what i told in my last post to get bootloop. logcat is not working else i cud have asked for some help.

Take nandroid back up of ur phone and save it to ur phones internal memory (and pc for backup). I never ran in problem, even if i do i restored using the internal card backup. Do try and inform if u are able to successfully boot in to the phone or not?

I am trying to port: Cynus T2 Jelly Bean CWM V17.01

Yes i have nandroid back up for my phone. And its size is around 510 MB (earlier it was around 720 MB). That include few downloaded apps from play store as well so that will vary. I can easily switch between roms using cwm recovery. Flashing canvas 2 rom is not a problem as both are identical device with same mb. There are few differences which i feel is the main reason for bootloops (or bcuz port rom is JB and base is ICS). It took 2 full days for me to reach even bootloop. Earlier phone was not even passing bootlogo. U need to do what i told in my last post to get bootloop. logcat is not working else i cud have asked for some help.

Take nandroid back up of ur phone and save it to ur phones internal memory (and pc for backup). I never ran in problem, even if i do i restored using the internal card backup. Do try and inform if u are able to successfully boot in to the phone or not?

I am trying to port: Cynus T2 Jelly Bean CWM V17.01

Ok, I also have the nandroid backup from same day I followed your tutorial to install CWM.

I've not tried any custom ROM yet, but will do in a few weeks.

Have you seen Lava Iris 502, it has the jelly bean rom and that phone is also 512mb ram based.

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Ok, I also have the nandroid backup from same day I followed your tutorial to install CWM.

I've not tried any custom ROM yet, but will do in a few weeks.

May be.. U can give it a try. But from where r u going to get ROM of iris 502.. Hardly anyone go for it.. As they are getting dual core for approx same price or may be 500 bucks more..

We need JB boot.img to make it wrk with Canvas 2 rom. Try to find it out for our iris 501. May be from iris 502?

will check if i can get hold of 502 phone for a day or two.

anyway can you tell how much Free RAM you have in 501 when using it normally.

I am using ZDBOX and it helps me free up more RAM for smoother operation

I usually have 100-150MB free RAM with zdbox, whatsapp, maps,gmail and few others remain active 24x7

Guest fahad.sagittarius

will check if i can get hold of 502 phone for a day or two.

anyway can you tell how much Free RAM you have in 501 when using it normally.

I am using ZDBOX and it helps me free up more RAM for smoother operation

I usually have 100-150MB free RAM with zdbox, whatsapp, maps,gmail and few others remain active 24x7

With out whatsapp and gmail.. I have around 180 mb free ram.. And when i restart my phone it shows 260 mb free.. Bt after using it for few hours. It drop down to 180-220 mb..

With out whatsapp and gmail.. I have around 180 mb free ram.. And when i restart my phone it shows 260 mb free.. Bt after using it for few hours. It drop down to 180-220 mb..

Ya I think more RAM can be freed up, but don't know whats costing RAM on this device.

N400 has 250+ MB RAM free mostly with maps and gmail running.

may be larger screen needs more RAM to work.

I disabled weather etc which I am not using as they become active after some pre-defined intervals which is no where configurable in phone.

If you want JB Rom, look for Chinese phone which has same CPU and specs as of 501, this would get you faster way to have JB on this device.

Many chinese clones have this CPU and RAM and run 4.1 easily.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest derrij

hi. thank you for the gapps. Now youtube and google keep working properly

but i got CID bug related to the association of caller identification (CID) with contacts, due to country code prefixes.

it is possible to sort this out without flashing your rom?

thank you.

my device Prestigio 5000 DUO