[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest bjasspa

First a big thank you to this community as it very much helped me take the first steps towards rooting my phone and never looked back.

I've had 3 SD cards (32Gb) fail on 2 different G300 phones, Not convinced this can just be hardware faiure (2 were top notch sandisk bought at different times). I have moved over to Samsung and so far so good... but one thing I did learn through this process was that if I used the SD card as the primary storage then when they failed I lost almost everything of value. After 2 failures I swapped to internal storage and while 2Gb for apps is pretty small, not only does this mean that if/when the SDcard blows its a lot, lot better, I also think it reduces the load on the SDcard so will reduce failure rate.

Which brings me on to my alterior motive for posting - I was looking for a slimer, faster ROM - found this one and on the whole I've very please with it, with one exception - the 'Default storage location' always reverts back to SDcard on reboot. Once booted I can change it to 'Internal storage' but thats a real pain to do every time!

So far I have tried:

- editing build.prop's and set 'persist.sys.main_storage' to internal_sd

- Edited /etc/vold.fstab returning it back to as it was before (i.e. huawei's)

- changed build.prop ro.emmc.sdcard.partition to 16 (as per huawei's setting)

- Swapped internal_sd.fstab & external_sd.fstab files around

Amazingly I haven't bricked the phone yet :D but neither have I found a fix :( . Anybody got any ideas? reckon I'm going to have to start again (with oall my hacking who knows what state its in) but would like to stick with Slim-v13 if I can get a fix to this.

Thanks in advance... Steve

(was thinking of posting on the original HTCMania thread but my spanish isn't very good :unsure: )

Mentioned the SD card burnout as well in a previous post. Thee defaulting of the storage to the SD after reboots is annoying as something in the system is definitely causing the SD cards to burn out.

The ROM maker does log in here occasionally, or he used to. I think he has taken the ROM as far as here thought he needed to. Maybe a quick post on HTC mania linking to here might get his attention.

Mentioned the SD card burnout as well in a previous post. Thee defaulting of the storage to the SD after reboots is annoying as something in the system is definitely causing the SD cards to burn out.

The ROM maker does log in here occasionally, or he used to. I think he has taken the ROM as far as here thought he needed to. Maybe a quick post on HTC mania linking to here might get his attention.

I think his sd cards are burn out before he installed slim rom?

I am having slim for 3 weeks with transcend 32 gig class 10 sd card, and so far so good!

Guest bjasspa

Thanks for the responses, my SD cards burnt out while using the original Huawei GB (I think, one may have been with the Huawei ICS). Since moving to Samsung SDcards and changing the default storage to internal I haven't had a problem, so if someone if having a lot of SD failure I do suggest trying to chage the default storage. (As a side note one factor may be the location of the sdcard in this phone - the burnouts may be caused by game playing (not me :blush: ) over cooking the card so I also made sure the new cards were heat resistent)

I have also made some progress with my Slim issue, I managed to edit the vold.fstab file such that the phone now things the internal card is the external & external is the internal. this means that with the default storage set to SD card it is now mounting the internal as /mnt/sdcard/ and the external as /mnt/sdcard2/ which does meet my main requirement.

However, putting aside the obvious unknowns of a very confused phone, there is one obvious issue, with the phone thinking the external is the internal, it allows me to Unmount the internal card but not the external! Basically I can't safely remove the card while the phone is on. Also I suspect the special 'sd-ext' location which should always be external won't be, but I'm not sure how to check that.

So I would perfer a better fix to this if possible...

Is out there any flashable stock battery icon? All I have found also does something to notification bar, and makes it ICS-like, and I can't flash toggles. .. oh, i can but they don't show.

Edited by Guest

Is out there any flashable stock battery icon? All I have found also does something to notification bar, and makes it ICS-like, and I can't flash toggles. .. oh, i can but they don't show.

Any use?

If you read this thread, mnirun seems to have the solution, install the fix and use pimp my rom. It works for me (installing the fix didn't work, but doing the same settings on pimp my rom and no problem for 3 or 4 weeks)

If you read this thread, mnirun seems to have the solution, install the fix and use pimp my rom. It works for me (installing the fix didn't work, but doing the same settings on pimp my rom and no problem for 3 or 4 weeks)

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2111548

do i have to do both install fix and pimp my rom, what settings do need to change on pimp my rom?

read the link i posted, there are screen captures of pimp my rom with the right settings

okay thanks, shall i not bother with installing the fix but just install pimp my rom?

Maybe pimp my rom fix the caller id problem and then is the solution.i didn't make this test : install slim and then pimp my rom (because i would have to re-install all my apps, data, settings...)

does anyone have caller id problem is there a fix for this?

I use this file and no caller id lag/problem anymore -> FIX THE CALLER ID LAG

or you can lock "com.android.phone" and "com.android.contacts" process in memory by create a file "local.prop" at "/data" and enter below text

sys.keep_app_1=com.android.contacts

sys.keep_app_2=com.android.phone

Guest dinamo1975

I use this file and no caller id lag/problem anymore -> FIX THE CALLER ID LAG

or you can lock "com.android.phone" and "com.android.contacts" process in memory by create a file "local.prop" at "/data" and enter below text

sys.keep_app_1=com.android.contacts

sys.keep_app_2=com.android.phone

...which "/data"? Screen shot please... and who works much better?! Thank you!

Edited by dinamo1975

...which "/data"? Screen shot please... and who works much better?! Thank you!

I use both method, no issues so far.

As you can see Phone and Contacts always keep in memory even you press Back button.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-09-30-30.png

/data from your root directory.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-09-30-58.png

I use both method, no issues so far.

As you can see Phone and Contacts always keep in memory even you press Back button.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-09-30-30.png

/data from your root directory.

Screenshot_2013-09-10-09-30-58.png

What permissions do I need to check?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest viggen66

I don't know if you are experiencing, but I have notice some bugs on this rom, namely on the contacts and sometimes when I'm writing some sms, and is something making a huge lag from now and then, which I don't know what it is, in what concerns pimp my rom, what is that? Is it an addon, tweaks?

I don't know if you are experiencing, but I have notice some bugs on this rom, namely on the contacts and sometimes when I'm writing some sms, and is something making a huge lag from now and then, which I don't know what it is, in what concerns pimp my rom, what is that? Is it an addon, tweaks?

Haven't noticed any bugs with contacts or anything else. Runs smoothly - I have about 45 apps; currently 125 MB free RAM. Using paul's #15 kernel. No frills cpu @ 320 MHz - 1.19 GHz Smartassv2.  Battery currently 2d 17 h 42m is still @ 50%.  Most functions in Pimp my Rom are adequately explained & there are You tube vids as well.  I haven't measured performance difference but applied most of the tweaks & all seems good - just try it :)    

Guest phyllocrania

Haven't noticed any bugs with contacts or anything else. Runs smoothly - I have about 45 apps; currently 125 MB free RAM. Using paul's #15 kernel. No frills cpu @ 320 MHz - 1.19 GHz Smartassv2.  Battery currently 2d 17 h 42m is still @ 50%.  Most functions in Pimp my Rom are adequately explained & there are You tube vids as well.  I haven't measured performance difference but applied most of the tweaks & all seems good - just try it :)    

Whoa! 2d+ is awesome. I barely get 6-7 hours on any ROM with heavy usage. I wonder what's the problem. Maybe I need a battery replacement. I have tried alsmot every ICS ROM here and i always get horrible battery drains. :(

Whoa! 2d+ is awesome. I barely get 6-7 hours on any ROM with heavy usage. I wonder what's the problem. Maybe I need a battery replacement. I have tried alsmot every ICS ROM here and i always get horrible battery drains. :(

Rarely used for calls, just browsing & texts really. I use Greenify to hibernate apps & auto airplane mode @ night. Also auto sync off & use Quick Sync app manually :-)

Guest phyllocrania

Rarely used for calls, just browsing & texts really. I use Greenify to hibernate apps & auto airplane mode @ night. Also auto sync off & use Quick Sync app manually :-)

I use heavily. Like almost 80% of the time I am awake I use my phone. mostly for web browsing. Maybe that's what has degraded my battery. also my G300 came with 1350mAh battery. All G300s in India are shipped with 1350mAh batteries. Don't know why Huawei did that though. :/