Insufficient storage error-stock B952, rooted

Guest Maximus9

Guest Maximus9

No external SD, but internal storage is reported as 1.41GB out ot 2.05GB total.

So if 1.41GB is available, what is the problem?

I tried some app2sd apps, but seems like internal SD is not good for them.

Any ideas what is going on? I know is a beginners question, but here it is...

Guest Maximus9

There is insufficient storage on the 750mb partition not the internal SD card...just move the apps to the SD card(internal one)

But how? Tried but not working.

Guest Maximus9

Go to manage apps < downloaded

Select an app and it should allow you to move to SD card..

Look at the screen shots

Thanks Mack,

I tried that before posting, but that option (Move to SD) does not appear when there is no External SD card, although the internal has 1.41GB free.

I think it is the way the G300 works and not something that only I experienced, from what I understand from more research.

• 1 month later...
Guest mannar

same here. I have 1 GB free on my internal memory, but I get "insufficient storage" error all the time.

Restarting ur phone helps. But after some time I am getting same error again.

I think there is something wrong with memory management, it doesn't have a clue how much free space it has :/

Guest george109

If that doesn't work, I would recommend using a custom ROM, like CyanogenMod (the stickies) as I use CM10.1 and I don't have that problem, I would also try an app like link to sd, or force2sd (force2sd is paid), but it is quite good as you just click the app to move it.

Guest mannar

So where do I get CyanogenMod and what exactly it does?

If there are hidden files, how do I remove them?

I have 70% free storage on my internal memory and just few apps installed, this error is really annoying.

Guest george109

I know I used to have this, lots of people I know had this problem, so I decided to use Lightning ROM, but there were too many force closes, and things like messaging completely broke, even after factory resets, so then I got CyanogenMod (CM) to get CM, look in the stickies, or use my links. If you want the next version of android (Jelly Bean) use CM10.1 and if you want ICS (Ice cream sandwich) which is the one you are on now, use CyanogenMod 9.1

If you want the

Links

Jelly Bean -> 10.1 = http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-0204/

ICS -> 9.1 = http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-1702/

I seriously recommend to not use CM10, as there is are a few big problems with things like barcode scanner and camera apps where the screen becomes garbled, and panorama mode is very distorted, also sometimes it was very slow from waking up from sleep (a lot like me! :D )

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your post very well. CM is a custom ROM (operating system), Wikipedia has a lot more:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/CyanogenMod

Edited by george109

Guest dakok

If there are hidden files, how do I remove them?

I have 70% free storage on my internal memory and just few apps installed, this error is really annoying.

With a root explorer. Check hidden files in settings. Then check properties of folders. I had few hundreds Mb in image thumbnails.

Funny thing.

Guest george109

With a root explorer. Check hidden files in settings. Then check properties of folders. I had few hundreds Mb in image thumbnails.

Funny thing.

Personally, (I'm just giving my 2p opinion here) but i don't think you should delete things you didn't create, you can break things by doing that...