[off topic] Bargain tablet

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Just picked up a Versus Touch pad 7 from car phone warehouse for 49 quid. They're priced up at 60 but they ring up at 49 at the till! Ics 4, pre rooted. Seems to work reasonably quickly, and a bargain price.

(mods may want to move this)

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest between3and26characters

Because the CPU has to power a larger screen, HDMI etc.

Larger screen? The size of the display does not affect the performance at all. The screen is using the same 800x480 resolution as the G300. Also as far as I know the CPU is more powerful than the one in the G300. I don't know about the HDMI tho...

Larger screen? The size of the display does not affect the performance at all. The screen is using the same 800x480 resolution as the G300. Also as far as I know the CPU is more powerful than the one in the G300. I don't know about the HDMI tho...

Ah yes, I can see the processor is an A8 version, so it is a little more powerful. I'm guessing the screen is a little shoddy as it is a 800x480 res, stretched by 7 inches.

That's the standard res for virtually all budget 7" tablets, and is more than usable.

You seem surprisingly keen to knock this budget tablet, given that you are in a forum for a budget phone.

Edited by Cobble

Guest andy/newbie

i got a buget tablet for 85 pound dual core rockchip 7 inch 4.1.1 ,it hits 12000 + on antutu benchmark really good for price you just have to take a risk sometimes when bying chines tablets,i have been very happy with mine makes my g300 feel like a 10 pound phone