[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest dalyer

I was wondering about TouchPal swipe capabilities as well last night after installing Stock+ for the first time. Couldn't see how it worked but never thought of uninstall/reinstall and ended up installing Swype Beta instead. Might try uninstall/reinstall later but at a glance I prefer Swype anyway. But then I saw this.... :)

http://www.modaco.co...-wave-keyboard/

Update: how do you uninstall TouchPal? In Settings > Apps there is no uninstall option. Do you have to use another utility to uninstall it? :blush:

Edited by dalyer

I don't use it personally, I like Smartkeyboard pro too much. :P I only left it in because I have heard a lot of people praise it. If the version included with Stock 960 is in fact a bit crappy I may take it out for next release.

Guest wouterbeer

I don't use it personally, I like Smartkeyboard pro too much. :P I only left it in because I have heard a lot of people praise it. If the version included with Stock 960 is in fact a bit crappy I may take it out for next release.

Uninstalling and installing the newest Touchpal from the market worked fine.

Just noticed something odd; when I open gallery it gives me an error: "SD Card unmounted or not present". If I then go to ES File Explorer to check for its presence it is there (path: /mnt/sdcard2/). Not sure if it this helps but I didn't do anything else than flash the volume rock mod and install all my normal apps.

Never mind; on a second thoughtI found for the first time in my life my G300 switched the default storage location back to internal. Maybe this has to do with installing the volume rock mod? Because I never had this issue before on my G300 and my sd card...

Edited by wouterbeer

how do you uninstall TouchPal? In Settings > Apps there is no uninstall option. Do you have to use another utility to uninstall it? :blush:

You can use the included Link2sd app to uninstall it. I've removed it from R5.

Guest wouterbeer

Cyda do you know if there is an option in TWRP to wipe the internal SD? I tried to find it before flashing this ROM but couldn't. Instead just wiped system, dalvik, factory reset. But now I see some data still remains from the use of another ROM. If there's no function in TWRP I will just manually delete all files and folders on the internal SD before I install R5.. Cheers

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest dalyer

You can use the included Link2sd app to uninstall it. I've removed it from R5.

Thanks. I just thought of link2sd after I posted above! Honestly... :blush:

After installing R4 and all my apps etc. last night will it be straightforward to upgrade to R5 or do you recommend a clean install (please say it will be OK and I won't have to wipe/start from scratch!!!! :D).

Edited by dalyer

Thanks. I just thought of link2sd after I posted above! Honestly... :blush:

After installing R4 and all my apps etc. last night will it be straightforward to upgrade to R5 or do you recommend a clean install (please say it will be OK and I won't have to wipe/start from scratch!!!! :D).

It is always hard to say for sure but from R4 it should be ok. I can't initially think of anything that would clash.

I normally don't bring updates this frequently because I know it's a pain having to update all the time. I'll step away from the rom for a few days after R5, honest. :P

Edited by Cyda

Guest dalyer

Anything specific to minimise risk - e.g. wipe Dalvik cache etc.? BTW - small donation made to your preferred charity. Thanks a lot.

Anything specific to minimise risk - e.g. wipe Dalvik cache etc.? BTW - small donation made to your preferred charity. Thanks a lot.

Thank you. :)

As for wipes, always wipe cache and dalvik cache as par for the course but that is all you should need to do. Just let me know if any quirky stuff happens.

Guest OmnioPT
I'll step away from the rom for a few days after R5, honest. :P

But don't stay way for a long time... because this rom rules!!! :)

When you Will released R5?

In the next hour or so, once I get home and back to a decent upload speed.

Edit: Here's the changelog for those interested.

R5 - 01/03/13

Added extended power menu

Updated ad-block hosts file

Removed touchpal

Replaced Huawei music app with CM's Apollo

Added CM's DSP manager to compliment Apollo

Edited by Cyda

Guest OmnioPT

In the next hour or so, once I get home and back to a decent upload speed.

Cyda, can I install R5 over R3?

Cheers

Edited by OmnioPT

Guest Symao96

Thanks, so when I come home I will install it. What are the power menu changes? In R4 you've put CM style toggles we can choose if we have wifi Bluetooth and plane mode? We can choose the shortcuts we want?

Cyda, can I install R5 over R3?

Cheers

I'm not sure from R3, it is worth trying at least.

What are the power menu changes? In R4 you've put CM style toggles we can choose if we have wifi Bluetooth and plane mode? We can choose the shortcuts we want?

Power menu changes are that I've added the option to boot to recovery instead of needing a third party app. Re: CM toggles; you can choose the shortcuts you want from a list just like in CM9.

Guest dalyer

Post crossed with Cyda's above.

Thanks, so when I come home I will install it. What are the power menu changes?

http://www.modaco.co...80#entry2096484

In R4 you've put CM style toggles we can choose if we have wifi Bluetooth and plane mode? We can choose the shortcuts we want?

Not sure what you're asking but you can configure which toggles appear in the notification bar. Just not sure where. And not sure if the fact that I installed Nova launcher and don't have easy access to the original (2D Home?) masks these options or something... :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Do Volume Rockers wake up zip break R5?

Yes. I will need to create a updated version of the vol. wake up mod but that won't be until at least the beginning of next week. I won't get time over the weekend.

R5 released.

R5 - 01/03/13

Added extended power menu

Updated ad-block hosts file

Removed touchpal

Replaced Huawei music app with CM's Apollo

Added CM's DSP manager to compliment Apollo

Special thanks to tillaz for his advice and help. This update wouldn't have been so easy without him.

http://www.solidfile...m/d/b19225fff6/

I promise not to update for while to give everyone a rest. :P

Edited by Cyda