[PROJECT] [DEV] Ubuntu Touch for ZTE Blade

Guest Darktitor

Guest Darktitor

I want to port Ubuntu Touch which is based on CM10.1

I'll use KonstaT amazing CM10.1 for base.

If anyone can help me...

Post here or PM me

I know it's a hard work!!

Don't ask for ETA'S :o

I'll do my possible to get Ubuntu Touch on the Blade.

Thanks to KonstaT and other devs who helped him.

bitch please its too early! I've tested it on Nexus7, there's only UI preview, almost all applications are placeholders ( calculator, lock screen - replaced with images :)) And it is not really fast on Nexus7. So dont waste your time, its too early.

Edited by x6itru

Guest KonstaT

You can forget it. Even though the Android side should be easy to compile for our device (it's based on CM10.1), the actual Ubuntu side causes major issues. For one it's for ARMv7, and secondly its current size is ~1GB (and it's only going to get bigger).

Guest razzmataz1478
Ok thanks for your reply

But one more question:

CM10.1 need a 3.x kernel to work and your build is running the old 2.6 kernrl... How is it possible??

It's patched with hacks and 3.x stuff

Guest Carlos Manuel Leemet

Well Ubuntu package takes something 500Mb, by deleting videos, pictures some preview images from gallery + music player you can make Ubuntu's size to 340Mb

Also modifying CM10.1:

I recommend JB 4.2.1 and not JB 4.2.2 version!

extract initramfs edit init.rc and the ubuntu lines at the end!

add ubuntu files from maguro Ubuntu package to /system/bin/ and some ubuntu files from it to /system/lib/, delete app and framework folders

Boot, if the partition is too little you may want to try dual boot, booting from SD HC card..

I don't use Blade because I have Nexus, but if you can get Ubuntu Touch preview to boot on Blade it would be too slow to do anything.

Edited by Carlos Manuel Leemet

Guest Darktitor

So for you it's a lost of time??

I'll wait and see more completely build of Ubuntu Touch.

And maybe a pre alpha to see if the blade can use Ubuntu Touch correctly.

Guest t0mm13b

Have fun recompiling the whole of ubuntu

That ^ comment made me pmsl.... +1

Good luck back-porting ARMv7 to ARMv6 - which resembles trying to port MIUI for ARMv6... :P

I'll look at it.

Yeah! It seems to me that Firefox OS can be much easier to port to our Blades. Yesterday I've read on Engadget the specs for the new ZTE Open phone designed for Firefox OS and it was similar to ZTE Blade:

http://www.engadget....ox-os-mwc-leak/

So the requirements are much lower than for Ubuntu Phone. :-)

EDIT: It appears that KonstaT have ported Firefox OS to ZTE Blade III already! :-)

Edited by Walwon

Guest HDuser

You can forget it. Even though the Android side should be easy to compile for our device (it's based on CM10.1), the actual Ubuntu side causes major issues. For one it's for ARMv7, and secondly its current size is ~1GB (and it's only going to get bigger).

What if ubuntu is putted on EXT partition of SD card and booted up? it might decrease card life significantly but it can be done....