[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

I am not yet mentally prepared to run this =) But it should Just Work™ if I install cm-10.1-20130412-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip in cwm6027 and reboot?

I really have no idea what else I would do to setup manifests properly besides those things previously mentioned.

Testing it is the first thing to do. :P There's always ClockWorkMod and nandroid backups to fall back to. But yeah, it probably won't even boot until you have the sources set up properly. CM10 would have been easier...

How about merging the two manifest into one and saving it as ./repo/local_manifest.xml. It's deprecated method but it works with older repo versions.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- CM replacements -->
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_build" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_external_libncurses" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_native" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_libhardware_legacy" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_system_core" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_system_netd" />
<remove-project name="CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cm" />
<project path="build" name="legaCyMod/android_build" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="external/libncurses" name="legaCyMod/android_external_libncurses" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="frameworks/av" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_av" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="frameworks/native" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_native" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="hardware/libhardware_legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_libhardware_legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="system/core" name="legaCyMod/android_system_core" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="system/netd" name="legaCyMod/android_system_netd" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="vendor/cm" name="legaCyMod/android_vendor_cm" revision="cm-10.1" />

<!-- Local projects -->
<project path="hardware/atheros/wifi/libs" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_atheros_wifi_libs" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />

<!-- ZTE Blade III -->
<project path="device/zte/atlas40" name="KonstaT/android_device_zte_atlas40" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a" name="KonstaT/zte-kernel-msm7x27a" revision="jellybean" />
<project path="vendor/zte" name="KonstaT/proprietary_vendor_zte" revision="cm-10.1" />
</manifest>
[/CODE]

Guest Otila

Testing it is the first thing to do. :P There's always ClockWorkMod and nandroid backups to fall back to. But yeah, it probably won't even boot until you have the sources set up properly. CM10 would have been easier...

How about merging the two manifest into one and saving it as ./repo/local_manifest.xml. It's deprecated method but it works with older repo versions.

:(

$ grep url android/.repo/repo/.git/config

url = https://git.chromium.org/git/external/repo

"repo init" used that version which it found first from $PATH at that time?

I'd guess it would work if I rm -rf .repo/repo and replace it with latest git-repo from https://gerrit.googl...ce.com/git-repo ?

But with local_manifest.xml and repo 1.19 I got some extra stuff happening:

Syncing work tree: 100% (360/360), done.

build/: discarding 1 commits

device/zte/atlas40/: leaving cm-10.1; does not track upstream

hardware/atheros/wifi/libs/: leaving cm-10.1; does not track upstream

hardware/qcom/display-legacy/: leaving jellybean; does not track upstream

hardware/qcom/media-legacy/: leaving cm-10.1; does not track upstream

kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a/: leaving jellybean; does not track upstream

system/core/: discarding 1 commits

vendor/cm/: discarding 3 commits

vendor/zte/: leaving cm-10.1; does not track upstream

Optimize: WAPPushManager.apk..

MODVERSION: 10.1-20130413-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40

Zipping package...

Signing package...

Cleaning up...

Package complete: /wrk/safari/cvs/android/out/target/product/atlas40/cm-10.1-20130413-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip

f66e644b334d9a41f5b011c0170e0fb6 cm-10.1-20130413-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip

Edited by Otila

Guest plantroon

sudo adb start-server[/CODE]

?

You told me how to install CWM from Linux and I did as you said and it didn't work. I have no permissions for the device :(

Edited by plantroon

Guest KonstaT

"repo init" used that version which it found first from $PATH at that time?

I'd guess it would work if I rm -rf .repo/repo and replace it with latest git-repo from https://gerrit.googl...ce.com/git-repo ?

But with local_manifest.xml and repo 1.19 I got some extra stuff happening:

I'm not sure about that. Repo should update itself.

But now it's looking promising otherwise. You still need to delete projects that you've manually copied in place (all those that say 'does not track upstream') and let 'repo sync' download them.

Guest KonstaT

You told me how to install CWM from Linux and I did as you said and it didn't work. I have no permissions for the device :(

Did you reload udev rules? Rebooting your computer will also take care of that. What permission did you set to your rules file?

Did you try that

sudo adb start-server
[/CODE] Use
[CODE]adb kill-server

first if you already have adb running.

Guest Otila

I'm not sure about that. Repo should update itself.

But now it's looking promising otherwise. You still need to delete projects that you've manually copied in place (all those that say 'does not track upstream') and let 'repo sync' download them.

Maybe it only does "git pull", and doesn't check it's the *correct* git repository?

I replaced the .repo/repo with proper version. reposync complained local_manifest.xml is deprecated, which means it's new&proper version. I deleted local_manifest.xml and reposync says:

Syncing work tree: 100% (360/360), done.

EDIT:

include/config/auto.conf: line 563: KERNEL_LOCAL_VERSION: command not found

a known thingie

https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/le/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=commit;h=230e3e5c8362f917cb09b9c928944cb57e1048ad

Edited by Otila

Guest plantroon

Did you reload udev rules? Rebooting your computer will also take care of that. What permission did you set to your rules file?

Did you try that

sudo adb start-server

Use
adb kill-server[/code]

first if you already have adb running.

Yes, I even tried restarting udev and stuff like that ... tried both as root and non-root user. My rules file looks like what u said ... I don't really understand what it should look like or what the rules file is ....

Guest KonstaT

EDIT:

include/config/auto.conf: line 563: KERNEL_LOCAL_VERSION: command not found

a known thingie

https://www.codeauro...8944cb57e1048ad

Well, there's a lot of warnings that you can ignore. KERNEL_LOCAL_VERSION was used by wifi driver vermagic in the old Blade. If you changed the name, the driver didn't load. Probably isn't the case here, but why fix something if it isn't broke. ;)

Yes, I even tried restarting udev and stuff like that ... tried both as root and non-root user. My rules file looks like what u said ... I don't really understand what it should look like or what the rules file is ....

Did you put your username where it said "username"? ;)

I also have the rules for my old ZTE device. Adb and mass storage modes are probably there then. I previously gave lines for MTP and fastboot. :P

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1353", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Normal Blade
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1351", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Debug Blade
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1354", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Recovery Blade
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Fastboot
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #MTP Blade3
[/CODE]

Guest Otila

Ha! Self-compiled zip installed and phone booted happily.. (Also cleared davik cache.)

About phone shows today's date in kernel version info etc.

Had to restart adbd and accept again the RSA key for adb.

As a bonus I have vim :wub: working because terminfo stuff was installed, too.

One thing I'd like to know: I run Nova Launcher, and in lockscreen when the keyboard pops up, the background image is squashed to fit the keyboard (keyboard does not just go over the picture)..

I wonder does this happen to others, too?

Edited by Otila

Guest plantroon

Well, there's a lot of warnings that you can ignore. KERNEL_LOCAL_VERSION was used by wifi driver vermagic in the old Blade. If you changed the name, the driver didn't load. Probably isn't the case here, but why fix something if it isn't broke. ;)

Did you put your username where it said "username"? ;)

I also have the rules for my old ZTE device. Adb and mass storage modes are probably there then. I previously gave lines for MTP and fastboot. :P

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1353", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Normal Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1351", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Debug Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1354", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Recovery Blade

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="d00d", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Fastboot

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="19d2", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0306", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #MTP Blade3

Thank you so much :D This one kinda worked :)) U r doing awesome job and making ppl happy :D hmm .. weird question but I wanna ask u: Do u think this phone was a good deal to get it for 140 euros ?? I liked Blade 1 and my friend got it for something over 100 euros but that time it was the cheapest phone in this country (Slovakia) .... And yet everything runs fine even on stock ROM.... it's a good phone but could be better. I use it for watching youtube videos most of the time but I also play Real Racing 3 which runs surprisingly smooth and so does Epic Citadel (shows low framerate but is smooth most of the time)

EDIT: So I have CWM installed now ... is the stock bootloader-like thing gone now ?? I remember that I could get into that one by holding poweron and volume up keys and then tapping home/back (I don't remember which one) at some moment (I don't remember when, so I tap them quickly all the time). It offered some upgrade option, wipe data/cache options, factory reset, etc.

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip installs directory /system/etc/preferred-apps as mode 777, I guess I can make it 755 without ill effects? /system is ro, anyways.. but I sometimes mount it rw to edit hosts file

Guest thmnss

Have you tried again with clean install? You can use e.g. AndroSensor to verify if you get a proper reading from the sensor.

Here's the old work around that will 'calibrate' proximity sensor on every reboot.

proxcal.zip

With the workaround, now i have a proximity sensor working perfectly...

thanks

Guest plantroon

I was curious... Would vengeance kernel work on Blade 3? My friend just got Xperia Tipo and it feels really responsive with stock ROM.. much more responsive than Blade 3 with CM10.1

Guest Otila

I was curious... Would vengeance kernel work on Blade 3? My friend just got Xperia Tipo and it feels really responsive with stock ROM.. much more responsive than Blade 3 with CM10.1

I just googled vengeance kernel, sounds sexy!

* Governors: Brazilianwax

Guest Otila

why after "reposync" "make bacon" did not update recovery.img (it had v6.0.3.0) , I had to do "make clobber" and "make bacon" (then it had v6.0.3.1)...?

I verified version with "strings ramdisk-recovery.cpio|grep 6.0.3" , and recovery.img had newer timestamp than ramdisk-recovery.cpio ..

Guest xtian19

Can someone help me.. Im stuck at installing blade 3 usb driver on my laptop(win 7 32bit). it can't recognize the "MT65xx Android phone" driver. I've tried downloading several driver here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/328064-correct-zte-usb-driver-for-blade-xpvistawin7-x86x64/ but nothing work. can you give me a step by step instruction and the correct file/s to use to be able to install the driver so I can continue rooting. :P

Guest Otila

Can someone help me.. Im stuck at installing blade 3 usb driver on my laptop(win 7 32bit). it can't recognize the "MT65xx Android phone" driver. I've tried downloading several driver here: http://www.modaco.co...stawin7-x86x64/ but nothing work. can you give me a step by step instruction and the correct file/s to use to be able to install the driver so I can continue rooting. :P

have you tried

http://download.ztedevices.com/UploadFiles/product/560/1132/soft/P020121013422016358160.7z

and are adb/fastboot installed?

Guest nikitasp

Can someone help me.. Im stuck at installing blade 3 usb driver on my laptop(win 7 32bit). it can't recognize the "MT65xx Android phone" driver. I've tried downloading several driver here: http://www.modaco.co...stawin7-x86x64/ but nothing work. can you give me a step by step instruction and the correct file/s to use to be able to install the driver so I can continue rooting. :P

also during the usb drivers installation and during root process deactivate your antivirus (worked for me)

Guest plantroon

My phone overheats sometimes... For example when having many apps opened. This never happened on stock and is pretty random on this ROM. But I could repeat this 3 times when downloading Real Racing 3 data (no reason for overheating, it was only downloading data). Also, when my phone is charging and the screen turns off, I can't do anything with it. It automatically reboots after a few seconds... sad :( Another thing: When I have many apps opened, the phone is unresponsive. Is that ok? (apps like Steam, Skype,Gtalk) Stock ROM had laggy app switcher animation which CM does not but it takes a few seconds for the app switcher to appear ...

Guest Otila

My phone overheats sometimes... For example when having many apps opened. This never happened on stock and is pretty random on this ROM. But I could repeat this 3 times when downloading Real Racing 3 data (no reason for overheating, it was only downloading data). Also, when my phone is charging and the screen turns off, I can't do anything with it. It automatically reboots after a few seconds... sad :( Another thing: When I have many apps opened, the phone is unresponsive. Is that ok? (apps like Steam, Skype,Gtalk) Stock ROM had laggy app switcher animation which CM does not but it takes a few seconds for the app switcher to appear ...

Do you have any "task killer" / "memory optimizer" type apps running? Does logcat print anything useful when you turn the screen off, just before it reboots? (my version does not reboot, btw)

It could be unresponsive when it has to trigger out-of-memory killer, merely having many apps opened does not make it unresponsive (at least when they are in paused state).