[DEV][ROM][25.6] Ubuntu Touch

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

http://hotfile.com/ is down edit  to another mirror please

Really, that certainly came as news for me. :P Yeah, I know, reading is really difficult sometimes.

I never bothered to reupload it. Iirc the more recent saucy images from Ubuntu servers didn't work on our device anymore. I just can't edit the OP and remove the links because MoDaCo did something strange there.

Ubuntu Touch is pretty much dead anyway. It barely works on officially supported devices (Nexus) and there's nothing to gain on this device.

• 1 month later...
Guest Le Cosaque

Hey, KonstaT
sorry for disturbing you, but I'm currently trying to port Ubuntu Touch (14.10) to ZTE Blade 3. However, I'm new to porting (literally - this is my first try) and I have no idea which device specific files do I need and from which CyanogenMod Rom you ported I have to get them and are you ok with me using the files (if I'm successful I will give credit but still wanted to ask for permission and help). If it isn't to much to ask can you upload somewhere the device specific files.

Best wishes :)

Guest KonstaT

Hey, KonstaT

sorry for disturbing you, but I'm currently trying to port Ubuntu Touch (14.10) to ZTE Blade 3. However, I'm new to porting (literally - this is my first try) and I have no idea which device specific files do I need and from which CyanogenMod Rom you ported I have to get them and are you ok with me using the files (if I'm successful I will give credit but still wanted to ask for permission and help). If it isn't to much to ask can you upload somewhere the device specific files.

Best wishes :)

All the device specific sources are linked in the first post. :o It was CM10.1 based. A lot has changed in the Ubuntu Touch since this port was made (e.g. it's unlikely to have required  UCM mixer working with msm7x27a audio HAL). No better place to start than the official porting guide.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

Yeah, you're free to use anything as anyone else. Just give credit where credit's due. That's how open source works. Good luck. :)

Guest Le Cosaque

All the device specific sources are linked in the first post. :o It was CM10.1 based. A lot has changed in the Ubuntu Touch since this port was made (e.g. it's unlikely to have required  UCM mixer working with msm7x27a audio HAL). No better place to start than the official porting guide.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

Good luck. :)

Thanks, I am using the the official guide (installing all the tools in the moment) From what I've gather in the guide they still use UCM mixer and "You need to write UCM mixer files and UCM is lacking good documentation, but it's the closest we have to a standard for setting up mixers on embedded devices right now." which is something that I'll have to figure out as I progress.

BTW, if you have any good advice on how to port as a whole, I wouldn't mind.

Thanks for you quick response :) 

• 1 year later...