• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

ClockworkMod Superuser - Beta 0 released

1 post in this topic

Posted

Koush, developer and creator of ClockworkMOD, ROM Manager, Carbon, DeskSMS, ClockworkMOD Tether, Loggy and several other indispensable apps, is releasing his own version of Superuser, the application which controls root access to your device.

But why? In Koush's own words...

• Superuser should be open source. It's the gateway to root on your device. It must be open for independent security analysis. Obscurity (closed source) is not security.
  • Superuser should be NDK buildable. No internal Android references.
  • Superuser should also be AOSP buildable for those that want to embed it in their ROM.
  • Maintenance and updates on both the market and source repositories should be timely.
  • I want to be able to point users of my app to a Superuser solution that I wrote, that I know works, and that I can fix if something is wrong. Yes, this is selfish: Carbon does not work with some versions of Chainsdd's Superuser. SuperSU works great, but I am not comfortable pointing a user to a closed source su implementation.
  • Handle multiuser (4.2+) properly
  • Handle concurrent su requests properly

Koush has just launched ClockworkMod Superuser - Beta 0 for the brave to try out. You can grab the release from ROM Manager or install the test zip manually from your chosen custom recovery.

Features in ClockworkMod Superuser include:
  • Multiuser support
  • Open source https://github.com/koush/Superuser
  • Free
  • Leverages Android's permission model
  • Logging (and per app logging)
  • Pretty UI
  • PIN Protection
  • Request Timeout
  • Customize notifications
  • x86 and ARM support.
  • Handle concurrent su requests properly
  • NDK clean
  • Eventually there will be an installation/upgrade process in the APK itself, but for now, installation must be done via recovery (as the app should live in /system).

Warning: The superuser.zip above is for both ARM and x86, it is a beta, and neither MoDaCo or Koush are responsible if you brick your device using it.

If you are looking at building ClockworkMOD Superuser into your AOSP, AOKP, PA, MIUI or CyanogenMOD ROM, visit Koush's GitHub.

[Via:Koushik Dutta]

Click here to view the item

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.