Install ClockWorkMod withouth CWM

Guest Dylan0412

Guest Dylan0412

Hi everypeople, i'm french, so i'm already sorry for my english if we can call that "english" ^^

So, my problem, i want to install a CWM 6.X I don't remember, i take it, i lauch it with CWM and when the installation was finished, i remember this : Hey ! CWM 6.X for the ZTE Skate don't exist ! 0.o

I look the name of the file, and i see my error, the CWM are for Blade and not for Skate, so i don't can access to my CWM now because i have a version not compatible with my phone ! ( StarAddict By SFR with the ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 V4.2.1 for the phone )

So, i take a new CMW 5.5.0.4 for my phone, but i didn't can install him because i don't have, in parameters, the file developement for install anything without pass by the CMW.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to re-install him without pass by CMW obviously.

Thanks for your reponse and i'm sorry if i don't have post in the good topic, i post in "emergency" because i need him.

Guest Medo3G
Download: http://db.tt/wdF27Uka

Thought I might as well release a build.

Credit goes to tilal6991 for the work he has done for the skate - all I did was compile it.

Save time and space in backups:

Backup/restore --> choose backup format --> dup

To flash via Term Emulator:

su

erase_image recovery

flash_image recovery /path/to/cwm6027.img

To flash via Fastboot

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery \path\to\cwm6027.img

fastboot reboot

Edited by Medo3G

Guest Dylan0412

Thanks but whit what i can install him ?

And i don't understand, is just an image, how that can be a CWM ? 0.o

Edited by Dylan0412

Guest plegdroid

download terminal emulator app from play store(if not already installed ), and that will allow you to flash the cwm image, with the stated commands,:)

Guest Dylan0412

Thank you ^^ I go try this immediatly, you can read me ? It's not so bad ? lol

Edit : I try to flash with the soluce of terminal emulator, i have enter all the command exactly and i have that : error opening :path/to/cwm6027.imgfailed with error: -1

Edited by Dylan0412

Guest plegdroid
Thank you ^^ I go try this immediatly, you can read me ? It's not so bad ? lol

Edit : I try to flash with the soluce of terminal emulator, i have enter all the command exactly and i have that : error opening :path/to/cwm6027.imgfailed with error: -1

put the cwm image on the root of your sdcard, then in terminal emulator, type.

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwm6027.img

:)

sorry I could have been more specific with the command. O:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Dylan0412

Oh Yeah, i finally succeeded ! Thank you for your rapid reponse, i fear without cwm, but it's okay now thank you ^^

And very good job for this ROM and they developers, but i have one question, i don't found how to change the CPU, do you say how ?

Guest omegavesko

Oh Yeah, i finally succeeded ! Thank you for your rapid reponse, i fear without cwm, but it's okay now thank you ^^

And very good job for this ROM and they developers, but i have one question, i don't found how to change the CPU, do you say how ?

Er.. which ROM?

CM-based ROMs have Performance settings, at the bottom of the Settings app. RootBox and other AOKP-based ROMs have Performance Control, also in the Settings app.

• 3 months later...
Guest Schwedenbitter

put the cwm image on the root of your sdcard, then in terminal emulator, type.

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwm6027.img

:)

sorry I could have been more specific with the command. O:)

I had CWM version 4.0.1.5 on my phone since rooting a year ago. I made a new TPT with TPT helper, which worked so far. But somehow the version 4.0.1.5 of CWM offered by TPT helper seems not to be the same and/or somehow older. At least it couldn't handle the sd-ext partition; neither recover nor backup.

So this helped me a lot. Thank you very much!