• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Install ClockWorkMod withouth CWM

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everypeople, i'm french, so i'm already sorry for my english if we can call that "english" ^^

So, my problem, i want to install a CWM 6.X I don't remember, i take it, i lauch it with CWM and when the installation was finished, i remember this : Hey ! CWM 6.X for the ZTE Skate don't exist ! 0.o

I look the name of the file, and i see my error, the CWM are for Blade and not for Skate, so i don't can access to my CWM now because i have a version not compatible with my phone ! ( StarAddict By SFR with the ROM CyanogenMod 10.1 V4.2.1 for the phone )

So, i take a new CMW 5.5.0.4 for my phone, but i didn't can install him because i don't have, in parameters, the file developement for install anything without pass by the CMW.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to re-install him without pass by CMW obviously.

Thanks for your reponse and i'm sorry if i don't have post in the good topic, i post in "emergency" because i need him.

Posted (edited)

Download: http://db.tt/wdF27Uka

Thought I might as well release a build.

Credit goes to tilal6991 for the work he has done for the skate - all I did was compile it.

Save time and space in backups:

Backup/restore --> choose backup format --> dup

To flash via Term Emulator:

su

erase_image recovery

flash_image recovery /path/to/cwm6027.img

To flash via Fastboot

fastboot erase recovery

fastboot flash recovery \path\to\cwm6027.img

fastboot reboot

Edited by Medo3G

Posted (edited)

Thanks but whit what i can install him ?

And i don't understand, is just an image, how that can be a CWM ? 0.o

Edited by Dylan0412

Posted

download terminal emulator app from play store(if not already installed ), and that will allow you to flash the cwm image, with the stated commands,:)

Posted (edited)

Thank you ^^ I go try this immediatly, you can read me ? It's not so bad ? lol

Edit : I try to flash with the soluce of terminal emulator, i have enter all the command exactly and i have that : error opening :path/to/cwm6027.imgfailed with error: -1

Edited by Dylan0412

Posted

Why not just use fastboot?

Posted

I don't know fastboot, it's on the market too ?

Posted (edited)

Thank you ^^ I go try this immediatly, you can read me ? It's not so bad ? lol

Edit : I try to flash with the soluce of terminal emulator, i have enter all the command exactly and i have that : error opening :path/to/cwm6027.imgfailed with error: -1

put the cwm image on the root of your sdcard, then in terminal emulator, type.

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwm6027.img

:)

sorry I could have been more specific with the command. O:)

Edited by plegdroid

Posted

Oh Yeah, i finally succeeded ! Thank you for your rapid reponse, i fear without cwm, but it's okay now thank you ^^

And very good job for this ROM and they developers, but i have one question, i don't found how to change the CPU, do you say how ?

Posted

Oh Yeah, i finally succeeded ! Thank you for your rapid reponse, i fear without cwm, but it's okay now thank you ^^

And very good job for this ROM and they developers, but i have one question, i don't found how to change the CPU, do you say how ?

Er.. which ROM?

CM-based ROMs have Performance settings, at the bottom of the Settings app. RootBox and other AOKP-based ROMs have Performance Control, also in the Settings app.

Posted

http://www.multiupload.nl/72Z8CWQ73Y

Download, unzip, run install... or read more here post #113

Posted

put the cwm image on the root of your sdcard, then in terminal emulator, type.

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/cwm6027.img

:)

sorry I could have been more specific with the command. O:)

I had CWM version 4.0.1.5 on my phone since rooting a year ago. I made a new TPT with TPT helper, which worked so far. But somehow the version 4.0.1.5 of CWM offered by TPT helper seems not to be the same and/or somehow older. At least it couldn't handle the sd-ext partition; neither recover nor backup.

So this helped me a lot. Thank you very much!