[INFO] NEW ADRENO 4.2 DRIVERS 4TH MARCH 2013

Guest tillaz

Guest PixelPixie

That benchmark score looks pretty high to me especially if that is without an overclock, I only get 4.3k @ 1267 so could be promising.

So curlie, what was your score before the driver update? And was this with stock cpu?

Anyone else got it running?

Guest PixelPixie

Cm 10.1 not sure whether r1 or r2, not that bothered so don't bench very often.

Edited for typo

Edited by PixelPixie

Guest NikitoGR

Let's stop spamming for nothing and help the g300 developers (if they're interested). Let's try the zip (if it works for some devices) and post:

• The rom 9 (i.e 4.x.x from y dev...)
  • An antutu score result before flashing the zip and one after flashing it.
  • Personal experience in gaming and in use (i.e 3D has great performance while the phone's UI lags or the opposite)

Isn't that right for testing and posting results? This is the right way to test something new and it should be mentioned so we can have an overall result.

Guest Pirex69

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

Man, you should try to know better Tillaz... he is just one of the best developers around here... respect for him.

Thks again Tillaz :)

Guest kyan31

Isn't that right for testing and posting results? This is the right way to test something new and it should be mentioned so we can have an overall result.

No, its not. All the G300 vary in performance, so you can only try it for yourself and see how it is. For example, the adreno libs may work for me and boost my gameplay, but it may do nothing for someone else.

Guest tillaz

You should try it first before posting it. We are not obligated to brick our devices. The thread is so draft. In which phones cant this zip be flashed? What is the second link? What should we backup?

Dalyer Why did you answer yes without trying it? Did you try it and worked? Basically it's not an update for the G300 it's a general adreno update. It should be aimed to the developers and for those who want to contribute for posting the results of it.

you should first understand that YOU are not obligated to flash this or anything else i post...

also if you read the second post you would see that i have tried it, and you would understand witch devices and versions of android its for

obviously its compatible with the G300, as it uses the adreno200, why else would i post it here...

sorry but this has no way of "bricking" your device.. boot loop dose not = bricked

i am very clear about making a back up in the first post

we had a similar update for Armv6 on the zte skate ages ago, witch worked fine and gave slightly better benchmarks,

i'm not sure why this is not working...

EDIT: they might need the kernel updated to work

Guest NikitoGR

Man, you should try to know better Tillaz... he is just one of the best developers around here... respect for him.

Thks again Tillaz :)

No, its not. All the G300 vary in performance, so you can only try it for yourself and see how it is. For example, the adreno libs may work for me and boost my gameplay, but it may do nothing for someone else.

you should first understand that YOU are not obligated to flash this or anything else i post...

also if you read the second post you would see that i have tried it, and you would understand witch devices and versions of android its for

obviously its compatible with the G300, as it uses the adreno200, why else would i post it here...

sorry but this has no way of "bricking" your device.. boot loop dose not = bricked

i am very clear about making a back up in the first post

we had a similar update for Armv6 on the zte skate ages ago, witch worked fine and gave slightly better benchmarks,

i'm not sure why this is not working...

EDIT: they might need the kernel updated to work

I'm respecting him. I don't have something personal with no one of you.

Sorry for the b-word (brick) I was meaning the boot-loop.

Why am I not right? lol, that's why everyone should post results! So you can see with what rom or kernel is going wrong etc. Man I'm sure that I was right. Tell me how could you develop furthermore with at least 1 device? Don't you want many results? I really can't understand you.

Sorry for being "rude" but that's why you are developers to help us and to help you (the one is helping the other, if you understand what I mean. Without you (the devs) we cannot enjoy with new features in our phone and without us (posting results or even just running your work, which needs hours or days or even weeks and ok even more!) there would be no reason to create a rom or anything else and posting it.

Sorry for destroying the day, I just... Nevermind... <_<

Edited by NikitoGR

Guest tillaz

yeah, but if we took your advice and did not post unless we had "personally" tested stuff,

most forums on modaco and xda would be missing a lot of goodies for people like your self to enjoy

for instance the Gingerbread ROM AtomicMod i made when the G300 first came out (extended power menu, CM power widgets)

and the recent guide for the extended power menu, and CM power widgets on ICS

all of witch i could not test my self, but the community did and is now benefiting from

anyway if you search around xda everyone is having the same problem with the new drives (boot loop)

no one has actually getting them to work yet, and are starting to think its a problem on qaulcomm's part ???

Guest dalyer

I read your question as "is it a driver for the Adreno" so I answered yes. I didn't notice the "G300" qualification. Either way what's your problem? :mellow:

Guest NikitoGR

yeah, but if we took your advice and did not post unless we had "personally" tested stuff,

most forums on modaco and xda would be missing a lot of goodies for people like your self to enjoy

for instance the Gingerbread ROM AtomicMod i made when the G300 first came out (extended power menu, CM power widgets)

and the recent guide for the extended power menu, and CM power widgets on ICS

all of witch i could not test my self, but the community did and is now benefiting from

anyway if you search around xda everyone is having the same problem with the new drives (boot loop)

no one has actually getting them to work yet, and are starting to think its a problem on qaulcomm's part ???

No! I did'n said to test it personally before making public, I said the opposite!

Let's stop it here.

Before you said something about kernel. just with a little searching yeah it's 90% a kernel issue. But if even it doesn't work in nexus 4 then it must really be a qualcomm's problem. Sh*t happens in every great news. :unsure:

Guest tillaz

No! I did'n said to test it personally before making public, I said the opposite!

Let's stop it here.

lol, OK i believe you :)

but yeah, its looking like it needs kernel changes as its not working on any devices its flashed on, xperia, nexus 4, G300, etc

i will look into getting it working on my nexus 4, and post my findings

Guest NikitoGR

lol, OK i believe you :)

but yeah, its looking like it needs kernel changes as its not working on any devices its flashed on, xperia, nexus 4, G300, etc

i will look into getting it working on my nexus 4, and post my findings

We rely on you! If you want a g300 tester to test anything you want I'm here!

Guest unaszplodrmann

An entertaining read - hats off to those who went down the garden path. Looks like Qualcomm specified 4.2 MR1 for a reason, eh. Yes, the userland changes depend on kernel side updates, hence the reference to particular CAF builds.