• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BBC iPlayer is coming to the Windows Phone platform

2 posts in this topic

Posted

BBC iPlayer is finally coming to Windows Phone 7 and 8, so is this implementation any different to Android or iOS?

To quote Cyrus Saihan, head of Business Development, BBC Future Media...

Today I can let you know that we have signed a deal with Microsoft that will enable us to bring BBC iPlayer to the Windows phone platform.

We will be releasing a shortcut to BBC iPlayer in the near future which will be available in the Windows Phone Store, enabling the BBC iPlayer website to work on Windows Phone 7.5 and 8 via a live tile.

This shortcut will wrap the BBC iPlayer mobile website together with our media player.

Just a live tile with a web link? Sound's like a 3rd class citizen behind the current broken mess that Android users are having to deal with on Google Play, which currently has 6,258 1 star reviews!

[Via: BBC]

Click here to view the item

Posted

It could be the best implimentation if they just reuse the existing fairplay drm'ed wmv and add zune drm to them.

Silverlight streaming seems inherently better than flash / air.

(At least the few examples I have seen anyway).

iplayer is already on the 360 (I thought the way that sort of stuff was implemented should allow some reuse).

If it is just using the html5 thing that the iphone uses that would be ok as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.