Relock ICS Bootloader (only for stock ICS ROMS)

Guest jsevi83

Guest Degurney

hmm problems

I`m using slim rom on GB baseband. Getting the crappy 3G / H swapping issues. So I ran upgrade952.zip to upgrade my baseband to ICS then the relock ICS zip in this thread..

Now I`m at

Baseband version unknown

No signal...

When I boot I still have the ANDROID logo when I boot, thought that was GB logo? anyways..

anyone know how I can get my baseband fixed please?

thanks

Darren

Just to add:

I thought I`d get the Huawei update.app file and try doing that... but it fails at step 2/2.

So...

I`m now stuck on official recovery, no baseband, no imei.. What can I do guys?

Edited by Degurney

Guest jsevi83

hmm problems

I`m using slim rom on GB baseband. Getting the crappy 3G / H swapping issues. So I ran upgrade952.zip to upgrade my baseband to ICS then the relock ICS zip in this thread..

Now I`m at

Baseband version unknown

No signal...

When I boot I still have the ANDROID logo when I boot, thought that was GB logo? anyways..

anyone know how I can get my baseband fixed please?

thanks

Darren

Just to add:

I thought I`d get the Huawei update.app file and try doing that... but it fails at step 2/2.

So...

I`m now stuck on official recovery, no baseband, no imei.. What can I do guys?

Unlock the bootloader, reinstall slim and start it once. Then, lock the bootloader again.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I'm on Slim v11 since this morning, fresh install coming from stock B952, applied this patch after I've restored all of my apsp and settings and so far so good. I'm on 3G network (W-CDMA preferred) all the time, will report back after few days about reboots.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest Degurney

Nuts!! ok.. so I wanted to reflash slim rom because I had a few issues. Having the stock recovert I ran bootloaderG300.zip rebooted..

Now I have "image signature verify fail"

I`ve tried a few APP files and the

Downgrade from ICS to GB for Vodafone (U8815)

file gets to stage 2 ( installing ) and then fails..

Sigh...

any ideas??

Guest denzele

You're in same boat as as I was mate..been on slimv10 tried this patch reboot and image signature fail same thing..I downgraded official way from huawei webpage and it worked..used middle package ..try again it should work...

Guest Degurney

Denzele: hey :)

Ahh same boat? Well ive tried a couple of official ones, not sure what other ones to try. Ive tried the downgrade ics to gb one. The general official one. Also there was one that has a 2k update.app file also.

Can you remember which one it was?

All the ones i tried errorer when it went to installing.. 2/2

Guest denzele

ah did it again...grrr...wanted to give another try and same thing happen again..image signature fail whatever ..the thing is you can even boot in recovery to restore backup..so once again downgraded to GB ..root GB but this time flashed B952 instead of B933 like last times..then install CWM and restored slim v10..what I relief ..

It should work with middle package that comes in downgrade download...no idea why isn't working for you mate...

Guest Degurney

Got it working. Tried a chinese rom. Used another cd card ( with more space ) and it worked!!!

I must of tried 6 roms

Thanks for all the pointers guys

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I can confirm that this is working, I flashed B952 update.app, then rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed CWM. Then I installed Slim v11, restored all of my apps and data and applied this patch. 72hrs and counting without a single 3G reboot, and I went through all areas where reboots previously occurred, with 3G data always on. Thank you for your great work jsevi83 !!!

Guest denzele

Well third luck they say aii...NOT...upgraded from B952 fresh install restore slim v10 (tried v11 for some reason after booting it gets stuck on huawei logo forever ) and again same issue..biggest pain in the assh is not being able to go into recovery to restore backup..only way out for me is downgrade to GB and root and install CWM and upgrade to ISC and so on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,,,

maybe this phone doesn't like me :blink: ?

Guest irishpancake
I can confirm that this is working, I flashed B952 update.app, then rooted, unlocked bootloader and flashed CWM. Then I installed Slim v11, restored all of my apps and data and applied this patch. 72hrs and counting without a single 3G reboot, and I went through all areas where reboots previously occurred, with 3G data always on. Thank you for your great work jsevi83 !!!

Hi Buffalo Soldier....

Did you email Huawei for unlock for ICS bootloader?

What Huawei email did you contact?

If yes how long did they take to provide it to you?

Thanks in advance : )

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've emailed Huawei about a month ago, but they never replied back, so I've used the old unlock method, from here That's why I needed jsevi83's patch from 1st post to relock the bootloader, after I've installed Slim v11.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Yes, but you can always unlock it again and install CWM. Re-locking is just, like jsevi83 said, restoring ''B952 original bootloader, stock recovery and stock boot.img''.

Guest Degurney

Hmm trying to unlock, install cwm, re install slim rom and relock was where i ended up with that signature fail crap!!

Need to know the proper steps if i want to upgrade or change rom in future. So.... If i have cwm when i go into recovery im using the an unlocked bootloader, right?

Guest jsevi83

Yes, if you have cwm the bootloader is unlocked. I still don't know what are all the steps you did to get signature fail. Could you explain them? The zip has around 140 downloads and only two or three users complained about that issue.

Guest denzele

Just curios out of this 140 downloads how many can say that patch fixed 3G reboots?

Look jsevi83 mate three times tried and all three times same issue.I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong ( God I wish I do ) or else.I'm on Slim v10 with pauls kernel #15 ..flashed call id lag,sony bravia engine,p1 toggles extension,using (this time only not previous tries) pimp my rom some tweaks...that's about it ..

Using latest CMW recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 ( tried few others still same).

With this curent rom and all tweaks added I would boot in recovery flash your patch then reboot back from recovery and would get Signature Fail boot take your battery out bla bla..no CMW available to restore no chance to do anything expect downgrade in my case.. that's what I did 3 times..

Cmonn damn Huawei open that thing once and for all... :angry:

Edited by denzele

Guest jsevi83

Just curios out of this 140 downloads how many can say that patch fixed 3G reboots?

Look jsevi83 mate three times tried and all three times same issue.I really don't know if I'm doing something wrong ( God I wish I do ) or else.I'm on Slim v10 with pauls kernel #15 ..flashed call id lag,sony bravia engine,p1 toggles extension,using (this time only not previous tries) pimp my rom some tweaks...that's about it ..

Using latest CMW recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4 ( tried few others still same).

With this curent rom and all tweaks added I would boot in recovery flash your patch then reboot back from recovery and would get Signature Fail boot take your battery out bla bla..no CMW available to restore no chance to do anything expect downgrade in my case.. that's what I did 3 times..

Cmonn damn Huawei open that thing once and for all... :angry:

Then I guess it's some issue related to the baseband. What baseband do you have? What is your imei sv?

Guest denzele

Then I guess it's some issue related to the baseband. What baseband do you have? What is your imei sv?

Baseband is 2030 as always is on ICS and imei sv is 50..if that helps.. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TangerineTractor

Hmmm

I was getting random reboots since applying the HSPA update, and going back to HSDPA didn't make any difference.... so I thought I'd try locking the bootloader. This has worked absolutely fine, but I thought I'd try unlocking it again by flashing CWM from recovery for when I want to re-flash something, and it fails, hybrid 6.0.2.7, Signature verification failed. Is this just due to a corrupt zip?

edit to add: Just redownloaded the CWM zip and it still won't flash - so I'm stuck without CWM. At least I've got a fully working phone (at the moment) - Any suggestions?

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest Redflake

Hmmm

I was getting random reboots since applying the HSPA update, and going back to HSDPA didn't make any difference.... so I thought I'd try locking the bootloader. This has worked absolutely fine, but I thought I'd try unlocking it again by flashing CWM from recovery for when I want to re-flash something, and it fails, hybrid 6.0.2.7, Signature verification failed. Is this just due to a corrupt zip?

edit to add: Just redownloaded the CWM zip and it still won't flash - so I'm stuck without CWM. At least I've got a fully working phone (at the moment) - Any suggestions?

You need to use the unlock bootloader tool again. Then you'll need to flash CWM whilst in fast boot. Back to the start again.

Guest TangerineTractor

Hmmm,,,,

Planning on getting a Nexus 4 un a month or so, so I may just leave it as it is. Interestingly, no reboots since relocking, and this might sound daft, but the phone seems to be running really smooth and fast (Stock+R6) - the bootloader is obviously doing something constantly, since it causes reboots - so is it possible that the locked bootloader is actually improving the phone's performance, or is at least less demand on resources than the unlocked one somehow?