jsevi83

Relock ICS Bootloader (only for stock ICS ROMS)

55 posts in this topic

So the reason why this only works on stock rom is because bootloader does a verification for original boot.img ?

Hmmm

I was getting random reboots since applying the HSPA update, and going back to HSDPA didn't make any difference.... so I thought I'd try locking the bootloader. This has worked absolutely fine, but I thought I'd try unlocking it again by flashing CWM from recovery for when I want to re-flash something, and it fails, hybrid 6.0.2.7, Signature verification failed. Is this just due to a corrupt zip?

edit to add: Just redownloaded the CWM zip and it still won't flash - so I'm stuck without CWM. At least I've got a fully working phone (at the moment) - Any suggestions?

Recovery 6.0.2.7 you say? Signature verification failed hmm..same thing happen to me 3 times on same CWM..it doesn't matter now just thinking back that CWM might be the one to blame for fauilre ...

Recovery 6.0.2.7 you say? Signature verification failed hmm..same thing happen to me 3 times on same CWM..it doesn't matter now just thinking back that CWM might be the one to blame for fauilre ...

Reflashed unlockbootloader then older cwm recovery both from a linux based pc (so much more reliable than from windows, no hassle with drivers etc), and all is back again, and after a clean rom install, no reboots yet. So i have an unlocked bootloader and no reboots. I'm sure my personal reboots were due to flashing hspa.

So the reason why this only works on stock rom is because bootloader does a verification for original boot.img ?

Yes.

After installing this .zip, my phone stuck on the huawei logo

PS. I was using INFUSION B07 rom.

PLEASE HELP!