[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko

There's a reason my last phone decision was between the G300 and the Skate. No way am I ever buying a phone without a decent dev community behind it.

Guest je rie

C3C0, is bluetooth close to be stable? good rom, just waiting for the bluetooth to be stable first..but thumbs up for this rom.

Edited by je rie

Guest GodShot

I found it very hard for all roms at Andriod 4.2.2 to connect with wifi using WPA2. Or does it have to do with my TOTOlink 150UM AP stick?

Guest omegavesko

C3C0, is bluetooth close to be stable? good rom, just waiting for the bluetooth to be stable first..but thumbs up for this rom.

Bluetooth is 'broken' in Android itself. They completely changed Bluetooth stacks in 4.2.0, which broke compatibility with a ton of devices.

I found it very hard for all roms at Andriod 4.2.2 to connect with wifi using WPA2. Or does it have to do with my TOTOlink 150UM AP stick?

Have you tried connecting to other WPA2 access points?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Im back on this ROM i have to say its verry stable, one think keeps bothering me is the S in the lockring can you cange that back to the original one easily?

Guest plegdroid
Im back on this ROM i have to say its verry stable, one think keeps bothering me is the S in the lockring can you cange that back to the original one easily?

its just a png in framework res apk. can pull It from another rom and replace on your phone with x-plore, no need to decompile, but would check if its named the same as will cause issues if not, but you could just rename it if not. :)

Guest je rie

is there any chance that a bluetooth apps might be compatible with this rom? :) like this rom, but i use bluetooth connect to my earphone...

Guest kyan31
There's a reason my last phone decision was between the G300 and the Skate. No way am I ever buying a phone without a decent dev community behind it.

The G300 has a decent dev community, though I don't think its as big as this one. Unfortunately we only have one dev that is able to compile from source, and has a G300 at the same time, however he is doing a great job :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest Wacky.ddw

its just a png in framework res apk. can pull It from another rom and replace on your phone with x-plore, no need to decompile, but would check if its named the same as will cause issues if not, but you could just rename it if not. :)

I installed X-plore but where is it located?

Guest ChowChilla

system/framework :)

i tried moving ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png to /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi but X-plore wouldnt allow it?

Guest plegdroid

this is for the latest slimbean build, framework res.apk with the normal lockscreen handle. untested as iam on jb2. just flash in cwm. feedback would be nice to see if it works. as always make a nandroid first :)

http://db.tt/ilaEMSeV

Edited by plegdroid

Guest plegdroid

i tried moving ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png to /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi but X-plore wouldnt allow it?

you would have had to give it wright privileges post-910238-13656136110898_thumb.jpg

:)

Guest Lex20nine

Out of curiosity. Could you guys share, if C3C0 and others don't bother, your favorite governor settings? I'd like to compare and see if there's a common preference to try. Thanks

Guest plegdroid
Out of curiosity. Could you guys share, if C3C0 and others don't bother, your favorite governor settings? I'd like to compare and see if there's a common preference to try. Thanks

smartassv2 & sio :)

Guest omegavesko

SmartassV2 here.

Guest Wacky.ddw

this is for the latest slimbean build, framework res.apk with the normal lockscreen handle. untested as iam on jb2. just flash in cwm. feedback would be nice to see if it works. as always make a nandroid first :)

http://db.tt/ilaEMSeV

Works perfectly thanks! :D

Guest GodShot

Bluetooth is 'broken' in Android itself. They completely changed Bluetooth stacks in 4.2.0, which broke compatibility with a ton of devices.

Have you tried connecting to other WPA2 access points?

My friend's SII could easily use my wifi AP and my iPad also could get acess to the internet throught my AP using WPA2 protocol. Until now, I've installed rootbox and slimbean, both of them should take more than 10 minutes to be connected to the internet. In addition, I have to set my phone awake all the time when charging or my phone would not continue linking with the AP. Or is it because I should try to set the encryption method easier like WEP or WPA?? If I should, then how?

Edited by GodShot

Guest henkjan123

Installed the ROM, unfortunately it has caused my data usage to increase to enormously huge volumes, with almost hourly transfers of 15MB (always this amount), resulting in depleting my 1GB monthly plan in no-time. Trying to find the culprit, I looked under Settings > Data Usage, where it shows that Android OS has used 1.21GB in the last 4 days, of which Foreground 0.00B and Background 1.21GB. Any idea why this is happening?

I have now updated to the ROM from April 05, and hope that the data transfer problems are over now - but still would be happy with any clue about mysterious data?