XMOD: MoDaCo Toolkit for Xposed Framework

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

banner.png

Note: MoDaCo Toolkit is no longer available via the Play Store. MoDaCo Toolkit is now a free, ad-supported application with a Pro version. Previous Play Store purchasers will receive the Pro key free of charge (details to follow)

MoDaCo Toolkit is free because is it sponsored by iWantMore. To support continued development, please visit their website. iWantMore offer premium accessories for all mobile devices from exciting brands including Incase, Speck, Tech21, Itskins and more!

As you may know, I often create modifications for Android and rather than them ending up all over the place, I'm now adding them to the 'MoDaCo Toolkit', which is built to use the Xposed Framework - http://mdc.gd/xposedfw. I plan on updating this every time I come up with a new tweak, be it a generic Android modification or specific to a particular device.

The pre-requisites are as follows:
  • You MUST be rooted
  • You MUST have the Xposed Framework installed and active
  • You MUST accept that modifications are used at your own risk
  • You may NOT distribute the toolkit (including in custom ROMs) - link back to this topic
  • Hit the 'Follow' button at the top right of the main MoDaCo Tookit topic to be notified of updates
Got that? OK.

The Toolkit can be downloaded here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)

To use, simply download and install, enable the module in 'Xposed settings' and then enable the mods you want in the 'MoDaCo Toolkit' application. Note that most modifications will require a reboot to take effect and not all modifications will work on all devices!

Modifications currently included are:
  • Action Launcher Pro + HTC One: Transparent status bar.
  • Amazon MP3: Force US locale - use this if cloud player is not yet available in your country. Clear data on Amazon MP3 after enabling.
  • BBC: Skip iPlayer Device Check.
  • Facebook: Force Home Compatibility: Facebook will detect your device as Facebook Home compatible.
  • Google: Disable Wallet checks - remove region and root checks from Google Wallet.
  • Google: Force Play Store to 720P - your device will appear as a 720P device to the store, useful if apps are missing on your 1080P device.
  • Google: Prevent app disabling - apps from outside your region (e.g. Wallet, Sound Search) will not be disabled on startup.
  • Google Nexus 7: Show Camera in launcher - restore the missing Camera icon to the launcher.
  • Google Nexus (all): Disable safe volume warning.
  • Google Nexus (all): Enable multi-user support if unsupported on stock (e.g. Nexus 4).
  • Google Nexus (all): Enable advanced reboot options - aka EPM, show reboot / recovery / bootloader reboot options on power menu.
  • Google Nexus (all): Show user on power menu - this allows you to switch users using the long-press power menu.
  • HTC First: Hide carrier in status bar - stop the carrier name showing in the top left.
  • HTC One: Disable high volume warning - disable the volume warning that shows when cranking up the sound with headphones in.
  • HTC One: Enable ADB with secure lockscreen - ADB WILL NOT be disabled on boot if the device has a secure lockscreen configuration. DANGER: This is a potential security risk - handle with care!
  • HTC One: Enable advanced reboot options - aka EPM, show reboot / recovery / bootloader reboot options on power menu.
  • HTC One: Enable button options (only required on Android 4.1 ROMs) - the button options item will appear in settings, allowing you to configure the back button long press as menu.
  • HTC One: Volume wake - wake your device with the volume keys!
  • HTC One: Hide Kid Mode on power menu - this removes the Kid Mode option on the menu displayed when you long press the power button.
  • HTC One: Match battery image to % - the standard battery images don't correspond to the % remaining, this fixes that.
  • HTC One: Rename Flashlight to Torch - for us UK types.
  • HTC One: Show Blinkfeed icon in launcher - if you are using a third party launcher, this provides a simple way to access Blinkfeed. Just remove all the homescreens.
  • LG G3: Fix Chromecast SystemUI crash when Chromecasting from YouTube
  • Moto G: Disable operator logo display.
  • Pebble: Low priority notification (removes persistent icon).
  • SlingPlayer: Disable legacy hardware warning - remove the warning when connecting to older Slingboxes.
  • System: Allow all rotations - rotation will be allowed in all directions, even upside down.
  • System: Device properties - a number of device properties (normally read from build.prop) can be changed on the fly. BOARD, BRAND, DEVICE, MODEL and PRODUCT are included initially. Want others? Let me know!
  • System: Disable forward lock - apps will not be able to install to /mnt/asec, instead installing to /data/app. NOTE: May cause issues on some Samsung devices.
  • System: Enable action bar menu button - the software menu button will be displayed even if you have a hardware menu button.
  • System: Enable app buttons - the disable and notification options will be enabled for system apps.
  • System: Enable dreams service - enable the dreams screensaver service.
  • System: Enable lock screen rotation - if your device supports it, this will allow lock screen use in landscape.
  • System UI: Custom operator name.
  • System UI: Hide AM/PM on clock - hide the AM/PM indicator on the clock when not in 24H mode.
  • System UI: Hide battery meter - hide the battery meter, useful if you're using a third party app in the notification bar like Battery Widget Reborn (now also supports the HTC One!) or battery percentage.
  • System UI: Hide ongoing IME switcher - hide on the input method switch prompt.
  • System UI: Show battery percentage - show the remaining battery percentage next to the clock.
  • System UI: Show navigation bar - this allows you to show the navigation bar on supported devices.
  • Tesco Hudl: Disable Tesco button in navigation bar.
  • Trackball Alert: Easy download link - easily download the TBA app and Xposed module.
  • Wireless: Enable NFC when screen is off - NFC works when the screen is off, useful for NFC launch tasks.
  • Wireless: Enable Face Lock with VPN - VPN (Credential Storage) will be available with Face Lock security.
If you have specific tweak requests or general questions, please post below.

Note that special steps are required to activate the Xposed framework on the HTC One - see http://mdc.gd/xposedfwone for further details.

Big thanks go out to rovo89 for the framework and also to Bharath Prabhuswamy for the application icon.

Finally, if you'd like to support future development of the MoDaCo Toolkit, please consider signing up for a MoDaCo subscription.

Edit: The Pro (ad-removal key) for MoDaCo Toolkit is now available to buy for the paltry sum of 99p! visit the download store to purchase. MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus members can use the coupon code 'PREMIUMFREEPROTOOLKIT' for a 100% discount! If you purchased the pro key previously via the Play Store, please contact me via private message. :)

P

Changelog

New in version 30: New Module: LG G3: Fix Chromecast SystemUI crash when Chromecasting from YouTube

New in version 29: New module: Tesco Hudl: Disable Tesco button in navigation bar.

New in version 28: New module: Moto G: Disable operator logo display.

New in version 27: Bug fix: improvements to HTC One Volume Wake settings, new module: BBC: Skip iPlayer Device Check.

New in version 26: Improvements: Lots of 'under the hood' changes, better custom operator name code, update notification can now be dismissed.

New in version 25: Improvements: Hotfix for issues with volume wake / excessive superuser requests.

New in version 24: Improvements: Hide kid mode and volume wake now work on HTC One 4.2.2 ROMs. New modules: Action Launcher Pro + HTC One: Transparent status bar, System UI: Custom operator name, Pebble: Low priority notification (removes persistent icon).

New in version 23: Improvements: Changed handling of module code on incompatible devices, HTC One volume wake now works from deep sleep, NFC with screen off now works on HTC One, resolved issue with Nexus EPM. Removed module: Sprint flag (more tweaks for Sprint / AT&T One devices to follow). New module: Nexus (all): Disable safe volume warning.

New in version 22 - Bug fix: removed reporting dialog after reboot on HTC One, modified wording of several options, removed module: Play Store: Lower case wishlist menu (no longer required), new modules: System: Enable lock screen rotation, System UI: Show navigation bar, System: Enable dreams, System UI: Hide ongoing IME switcher, System UI: Hide AM/PM on clock, HTC One: Disable Sprint SystemUI flag (removes persistent GPS icon), HTC One: Volume wake, Nexus (all): EPM

New in version 21 - Bug fix (duplicate item in settings), added superuser to manifest permissions, minor wording changes, added Adobe Flash Player download link, added changelog link, new modules: System UI: show battery percentage, HTC First: hide carrier name

New in version 20 - new modules: HTC One: Advanced reboot options, HTC One: Disable high volume warning, Nexus (all): Enable user switching on power menu, Nexus (all): Enable multi-user support if unsupported on stock (e.g. Nexus 4).

New in version 19 - new modules: HTC One: Rename Flashlight to Torch, HTC One: Match battery image to %, Play Store: Lower case wishlist menu (for @le3ky!) - Xposed Framework 2.1.4 now REQUIRED for HTC One!

New in version 18 - Added link to Google Wallet APK. Release to test auto-update.

New in version 17 - ICS support. Internal changes to support forthcoming mods. Various fixes (including fix for the Camera / Blinkfeed icon options). Auto-update support.

New in version 16 - Pro key support

New in version 15 - Many thanks to our sponsors http://www.iwantmore.co.uk! new modules - HTC One: Show Blinkfeed icon in launcher, Google / Asus Nexus 7: Show Camera icon in launcher, Trackball Alert: Easy download link.

New in version 14 - Support for free version, additional useful topic links

New in version 13 - Reduced download size

New in version 12 - new module - Force software menu: The software menu button will be displayed even if you have a hardware menu button.

New in version 11 - new module - Disable forward lock: Apps will not be able to install to /mnt/asec, instead installing to /data/app. NOTE: May cause issues on some Samsung devices.

New in version 10 - Bug fix

New in version 9 - new module - Facebook Force Home Compatibility: Facebook will detect your device as Facebook Home compatible.

New in version 8 - the 'no encryption' module is no longer required - if the app is installed to encrypted storage, you will be warned and given the chance to fix on first load.

New in version 7 - new module - Device Properties: a number of device properties (normally read from build.prop) can be changed on the fly. BOARD, BRAND, DEVICE, MODEL and PRODUCT are included initially. Want others? Let me know!

New in version 6 - added 'Wireless' category. new modules - Wireless: Enable VPN with Face Lock - VPN (Credential Storage) will be available with Face Lock security.

New in version 5 - bugfix: Fixed an issue with app installing to SD card. new module - HTC One: Don't disable ADB - ADB WILL NOT be disabled on boot if the device has a secure lockscreen configuration. DANGER: This is a potential security risk - handle with care!

New in version 4 - additional support: Hide battery meter now supports the HTC One, new module: Amazon MP3: Force US locale

New in version 3 - new modules: HTC One: Hide Kid Mode on power menu, SlingPlayer: Disable legacy hardware warning, System: Hide battery meter.

New in version 2 - a slightly revised design and the following new modules - System: Allow all rotations, System: Enable NFC when screen is off.

Guest cjb110

Clever system that...should make common things like circle battery mods easier to port.

Though a reboot button would be a nice extra!

Edited by cjb110

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 2 is now online!

New in version 2 - a slightly revised design and the following new modules - System: Allow all rotations, System: Enable NFC when screen is off.

Note that the NFC on screen off functionality is tested against AOSP and may not work if your device manufacturer has fritzed with the NFC code a lot. :)

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 3 is now online!

New in version 3 - new modules: HTC One: Hide Kid Mode on power menu, SlingPlayer: Disable legacy hardware warning, System: Hide battery meter.

P

Guest Tymmy Dee

HTC one. Can't get rotation working when upside down. Would pushing to /system make this work? Or is this one of the mods that might not work?

Guest PaulOBrien
HTC one. Can't get rotation working when upside down. Would pushing to /system make this work? Or is this one of the mods that might not work?

Working on my one, ensure you have enabled MoDaCo Toolkit in the Xposed installer itself and make sure you are testing on a rotatable app, eg Gmail!

P

Guest Tymmy Dee

I'm not having much luck with this. Reinstalled framework. Flashed the one xposed installer. Module ticked in Xposed. And selections ticked in toolbox. Kid mode not disappearing. Rotation not working. Option to disable notifications there and hold back for menu there.

Rebooted several times. Trickdroid Rom.

Any ideas appreciated.

Guest Nitroz

I seem to be having issues too...

Installed the Xposed framework as per your instructions, installed the MoDaCo Toolkit, enabled the module, enabled the options I needed then rebooted. None of the options I selected got enabled.

I did a test and installed one of the seperate modifications you provided, and that worked fine. I've also reinstalled the framework, still the same for the Toolkit

Guest Tymmy Dee

Went back to stock and toolbox not working. As mentioned installing individual modules work fine. I also ticked and un ticked the hide battery.

Still not working for me.

Guest PaulOBrien

There is currently an issue with replacing resources on the HTC One with Xposed, which is why that battery option was troublesome.

Tymmy Dee, do none of the settings in the toolkit work? That's odd.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Version 4 is now online!

New in version 4 - additional support: Hide battery meter now supports the HTC One, new module: Amazon MP3: Force US locale.

P

Guest Tymmy Dee

Back to my previous trick droid Rom with back button and notification toggle built in.

Tried just hiding the kid mode. Didn't work. And just the rotation on it's own which also does not work.

Looking for an individual module that I can easily try that's not already built in to the Rom.

Guest GTvert90

Could you do a mod to bypass the required lockscreen patternor pin ssecurity when you have vpn set up? Or only require it when vpn is active? Thanks

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Removing the battery meter doesn't work. I've Modaco ROM installed with circle meter on Galaxy Nexus. Maybe that's the reason.

Guest PaulOBrien

Stock or CM Dieter? Removing battery meter doesn't work on CM as there is a menu option in CM to do it.

Should work on stock...

P

Guest lanlith

Some ideas..

Hide the alarm icon from notif. I have two alarms every day to inject my cat. I defo don't need the icon to remind me.

Align back/home/multitask to the left. Used on tablets. N7/N10/Xoom etc. Running 4.2

Enhanced power menu - I suspect that's coming anyway!

I had some interesting experiences getting mods enabled on my N4. MCR Jr10. Took a number of reboots and toggling and uninstalling and reinstalling the framework before they started playing nice. Not sure why though.

Guest PaulOBrien
I only seem to be able to get mods working if I hide battery :-S

If I show it again it breaks rotation!

Bizarre, I'll look at that!

P