Installing stock rom error

Guest Prestodus

Guest Prestodus

Hi,

So, I'm trying to install the stock rom in clockworkmod.

I got the update.zip for my country, but when trying to install it (after factory reset) it gives me this:

-- Installing: /sdcard/update.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.n ame") == "P772N10"

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I have to get this working in order to be able to get warranty (or not?).

Guest x6itru

ro.product.name in your build prop != "P772N10"

you can edit update-script in your package or edit your build.prop file.

BTW are you sure you can flash it in cwm? This pack is from zte.com.cn?

Guest Prestodus

x6itru, I don't know much about this stuff, can you please explain me why I can't flash it in CWM and how I should do it?

I got it from here: http://firmware.pp.ua/zte-blade-3/

And what do you mean by this? What should I edit it to?

you can edit update-script in your package or edit your build.prop file.

Guest Prestodus

The system folder in my SD? It doesn't have a build.prop file, only system -> etc -> sysctl.conf

If you mean the internal storage, that doesn't show up in my PC.

Edited by Prestodus

Guest x6itru

connect your phone to the PC, enable usb debugging, type in console : adb push /pathtonewbuildprop/build.prop /system/build.prop or put it on sdcard and just replace it via root explorer.

Guest Prestodus

Thanks for your help so far.

Okay, so I replaced the build.prop with the right one (checked and double-checked).

I still get the exact same error (while trying to install with CWM, if that matters).

Edit: now it doesn't even boot anymore, after the android logo the screen stays lit but nothing happens.

Edited by Prestodus

Guest KonstaT

So, I'm trying to install the stock rom in clockworkmod.

What makes you think that you can flash official updates with ClockWorkMod? Please read the first post of the ClockWorkMod thread!

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from ZTE website! You need to repack them for ClockWorkMod or use the stock recovery to install.

It's very simple. You flash custom ROMs with custom recovery and stock ROMs with stock recovery. Of course you can (and should) restore nandroid backup that you have made of your stock ROM in ClockWorkMod.

And do you really think that some russian spambot website is a reliable source for official firmware? Why can't you download it from the zte website?

get build.prop from http://firmware.pp.ua/zte-blade-3/ and replace it in your system folder, it should work then.

No, this has nothing to do with build.prop. How could it? Android is not even booted - you are in recovery mode. System properties are checked against the running recovery (set in default.prop in recovery ramdisk).

Guest Prestodus

KostaT, I didn't know that, thanks.

Now, I flashed the default recovery, rebooted and can't get into recovery or rom anymore.

When I put the battery in, I get a black screen after the android logo.

It doesn't give me time to boot into recovery, if I use the volume down + power button combo, it gives me a white rectangle with "FTM".

And I don't have the stock nandroid backup anymore, the SD card it was on died recently.

Edited by Prestodus

Guest x6itru

ahhh fail ;p I was thinking that it's getting these informations from build.prop not from default.prop ( i didnt know that - thanks! ), so he just need stock recovery ;___;

Edited by x6itru

Guest KonstaT

Edit: now it doesn't even boot anymore, after the android logo the screen stays lit but nothing happens.

Yeah, removing build.prop probably isn't a good idea. ;)

It doesn't give me time to boot into recovery, if I use the volume down + power button combo, it gives me a white rectangle with "FTM".

That's the stock recovery. You can also boot with volume up + power to get into the recovery menu.

Guest Prestodus

I can't find any firmware on the website of ZTE for Belgium.

As you can see here, there's nothing on the download tab.

So it's not a good idea to install the ROM I linked to?

Guest KonstaT

I can't find any firmware on the website of ZTE for Belgium.

As you can see here, there's nothing on the download tab.

So it's not a good idea to install the ROM I linked to?

http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Belgium/

http://wwwen.zte.com...18951097527.zip

And the firmware is on that site as well. It's in the manuals tab.

http://download.zted...18951097527.zip

Guest zloduh

I have similar problem, my phone started to reboot few times per day and im using KonstaT's 4.2.2 10.1 CM rom. at first i thought that it is something that i have installed so i did full wipe and reflashed the rom and gapps but it keept rebooting at random times, mostly at screen unlock and on receiving call.

So i flashed original recovery and i copy the update.zip for for VIP Serbia ( my network) but i get the following error when trying to flash the rom.

Installing the update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "P772N10_VIP"

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

(Status 7)

Instalation aborted.

Can someone shed some light on this issue. I want to check if the device will keep rebooting on stock rom so i can take it to warranty.

Cheers

Guest zloduh

i found out what may be the problem.

open update.zip for you stock rom from your network and copy recovery.img file into a separate folder

take the recovery.exe application and unpack it ( it is a self extract exe i used total commander with crtl+f9)

replace recovery_original.img with your recovery.img and rename it to recovery_original.img as old one was

then run Recovery.bat and install original recovery

then enter recovery and flash your rom

let me know if it works for you

Guest BrBean

I have exactly the same problem as Prestodus and zloduh. Once, when I was tried to flash update.zip from official site (btw that firmware was for different country) i received an error (maybe the same error mentoned in thread, it was long ago, I can't remember), although it was for Blade 3. It might be that it is something region/country related. Now I have completely nonfunctional phone. Anyone have idea how to fix it? I can get into FTM (I don't know if there is a tool or something like that to restore stock firmware using FTM) and stock recovery. It would be great if I could get into fastboot, so it will be easy to flash CWM and after that flash any custom ROM. But.. :)

Guest zloduh

Try This BrBean. it worked for me

open update.zip for you stock rom from your network and copy recovery.img file into a separate folder

take the recovery.exe application and unpack it ( it is a self extract exe i used total commander with crtl+f9)

replace recovery_original.img with your recovery.img and rename it to recovery_original.img as old one was

Guest BrBean

Thanks, zloduh, but I have formatted /system in CWM before i flashed stock recovery, so I was unable to boot into Android OS and use ADB. Stock recovery provided here (ZTE-BladeIII-Stock-Recovery-ICS_P772N10V1.0.0B10) isn't for all devices. I did a little research and i found out that Hungarian firmware can be flashed trough this recovery. And now I have Hungarian firmware (but not for long :) )

• 1 month later...
Guest Ko blazen

i found out what may be the problem.

let me know if it works for you

have the same problem

Installing the update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "P772N10_VIP"

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

(Status 7)

Instalation aborted.

can you tell me what is the recovery.exe application and where to find it?

• 1 month later...
Guest krzysztofbe

Does anyone fixed this issue ? I wastrying this option with recovery files but i am also not able to find recovery.exe....

Guest kogos

there is nothing to be fixed, you are just doing it all wrong.

In order to flash stock rom, you need to follow 2 rules:

1) you have to put stock recovery on the phone first. During the flashing process, it checks for stock recovery, if it's not there, flashing will fail.

2) you have to use stock recovery tool (download mode in other word) for flashing. To use that, start the phone while pressing VOLUME+

So, download the stock rom of your choice. Inside the zip file there is a recovery.img file. Flash it with adb/fastboot the same way you flashed cwm in the past, but this time, flash recovery.img. After that, copy the entire zip file in you sd card, start the phone with volume+ (to get to stock recovery tool - download mode) and flash the stock rom. That is the ONLY way to do it. Don't mess around with build.prop files or with recovery.exe application file.

Guest krzysztofbe

Thanks for your answear

I'm not sure what you mean by flashing recovery.img file with adb/fastboot. I am not able to start the phone normally because there is a message "Unfortunately Setup Wizard has stopped working"

so can't turn on the debugging usb mode. All I can do is to run my phone using power + vol+ and try to install .zip file. Could you explain me if your solution is still available in my situation and how exacly should I flash the recovery.img file.

Thanks in advance