• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help Requested

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone.

I've been having issues with my device when ever I make/recieve a call on my G300 the person on the other end keeps cutting in and out I called Vodafone technical support and according to the my device is not compatible with the 3G network in my area so I told me to set it to use 2G networks only...didn't work.

Is there anyway possible for my to reinstall the stock ROM for my phone and un-root it so I can return my phone and hopefully swap it for another device?

Thanks for your help.

Lothaer.

Posted

You gotta love Vodafone..not compatible with 3G??? Mate unlock phone on ebay for few bucks then switch to telstra..3G works fine...and yes you can go back to original GB in your case..did you make backup in cmw?

Posted

This thread should help you: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353792-original-factory-roms-from-huawei/

Installation guide:

Step 1. Prepare a Micro SD card which at least has 512MB available space and make sure it can be read and write.

Step 2. Copy the entire dload folder (with update.app in it) to the root directory of the MICRO SD card.

Step 3. Make sure your handset is switched off. Insert the MICRO SD card into the handset. Press and hold the VOLUME UP key and VOLUME DOWN key simultaneously, then press the POWER key to power on the phone so all three buttons are pressed. The phone will then enter the Software Upgrade Mode.

Full instructions can be found in a PDF file located inside the ROM ZIP.

Posted

He needs v B893 or B900 from Vodafone Australia in order to return it..or he can try this with UK version and hope that they don't check settings...

Posted (edited)

Didn't someone eventually work out how to get 3G working properly on the more unusual of the Australian frequencies? I seem to remember a post some months back. I think ti involved changing a few values with a diagnostic tool.

In fact with a quick search

http://www.modaco.co...h-the-humanity/

[TIP] Australian 3G Dropouts - Oh the Humanity!

believe I've figured out a way to eliminate those annoying 3G dropouts that seem to be caused by upgrading the baseband on Vodafone AU phones (U8815-51) from 109808 to 2030. It involves some IMEI zeroing, in order to set your preferred frequency to BC10_800Mhz_Sec in DFS - but more on that later. This guide assumes you are using Vodafone in Australia - if you are on Optus AU [incl. Amaysim, TPG or another reseller] it may not work for you, as Optus AU uses 900Mhz instead of the 850Mhz I've tested this with on the Vodafone AU network.

Edited by Hogweed