CM9 ROMs

Guest Daimao94

Guest Daimao94

Hi,

Everytime I flash a CM9 ROM, I get the same problem. When I use the ROM for 10 or 15 minutes (to configure everything etc...), my phone "boot loops". I said "boot loops" (with " ") because my Liquid reboots only three times.

Then everything seems to be ok but when I use the ROM for 10 or 15 minutes, it "boot loops" again. And it directly "boot loops" when I try to search or download something on the Play Store.

I'm not the only one who's getting this problem, but CM9 ROMs are working for a lot people, so I have idea how to solve this really annoying problem. I tried to set "100" for swapiness, disable swap, overclocking, disable overclocking, reflash the ROM, do the wipes etc... Nothing worked.

Please, help. :)

Edited by Daimao94

Guest Master_T

Not sure about this, but it may be due to the limited amount of ram of the A1, while it doesn't do it on the E. Just a theory tho, I'm no expert on CM9 roms.

Guest -Alex93-

I used cm9 for five months without a boot loop .. I found good performance and stability of A1 with overclock to 1ghz and AutoKiller .. say it again excellent rom for everyday use :)

Guest Daimao94

-Alex93- : Oh nice, how did you overclock ? I mean... what options did you selected ? And what is AutoKiller ? A task killer ?

asfar : Just search in the forum...

Guest -Alex93-

-Alex93- : Oh nice, how did you overclock ? I mean... what options did you selected ? And what is AutoKiller ? A task killer ?

asfar : Just search in the forum... http://www.modaco.co...rt-by-corasaaa/

http://www.modaco.co...or-liquid-4pda/

http://www.modaco.co...iquida1liquide/

Excuse me for my bad english :)

I used the 9-cm-JB-Adreno-4 and I found it very good rom for every day with these values ​​to oveclock

1500 smartassv2 min. 245mhz max 1036mhz..

autokiller https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rs.autokiller&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLnJzLmF1dG9raWxsZXIiXQ.. version pro with this values Aggressive..I use it with all the rom .. improves system speed and battery life :)

i have the micro sd class 2 and the system have very good speed :) maybe we write in private I will send you back up my rom so you realize the speed and stability that I managed to get with this ICS ;)

Guest Daimao94

Well, I would like to try your settings, but I always get a bootloop when I try to go in the Play Store.

EDIT : Always, and always, and always, and always : bootloop.

But that time that's a real bootloop : it reboots three times, I can show the lockscreen for 1 second and it directly bootloops so I can't do anything. Let's go back to CM7.2... :(

WTF has my sh*tty Liquid ? Will I have a functional CM9 ROM a day ? :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Edited by Daimao94

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thmz159

I've never tested CM9, but I think bootloop is most of the time due not enough RAM. Try after booting to go immediatly to Applications -> Active services and kill everything that is there so you have as much RAM as possible. Then try to install autokiller from the playstore and indeed set it on aggressive. That should keep the RAM free.

Also, check if in CM settings Purging of Assets is enabled, 16 bit transparency is enabled, surface dithering disabled...

Guest Daimao94

I've never tested CM9, but I think bootloop is most of the time due not enough RAM. Try after booting to go immediatly to Applications -> Active services and kill everything that is there so you have as much RAM as possible. Then try to install autokiller from the playstore and indeed set it on aggressive. That should keep the RAM free.

Also, check if in CM settings Purging of Assets is enabled, 16 bit transparency is enabled, surface dithering disabled...

Ok, I'm gonna try this. :)

EDIT : Wow, I don't know how, but It worked ! I flashed the ROM, I set my Google Account, I installed AutoKiller and Titanium Backup, like everytime. But this time it worked ! :D

Thanks.

Edited by Daimao94