• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

pulse is gone :(

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have not continued to participate in the forums since my Huawei U8220 was stolen from me by a pickpocket a few days ago. Unless I get another one, this is the end of my time on this forum. Thanks all for all your help. Its a wonderful phone and unless I get something significantly better, I may even buy another one! It's sad since I have really grown attached to it, even though its old and has limitations, I was very content and it did everything I ever wanted from a phone. So long..

Posted · Report post

What a pity!!!

Also I've grown with him and I think this phone is the greatest for beginers of Android Scene.

See you,...perhaps in other forum :)

I'm thinking change my U8220 for a new Xperia Z. I've have an offer from Orange. :D

Bye

Posted · Report post

and soon i wish i get the offer

i will buy Sony Xperia U

and sure will leave this phone afte two years suffering with it :D

Posted · Report post

I have since come to own a Samsung Note II now and I am blown away by the performance - after all its only 20x more powerful than pulse.. Having said that, believe it or not, there are still things I miss about the pulse like the track ball for moving to exact part of word to fix spelling mistakes and the hardware buttons for dialing and hanging up. I found a little app called 'button remapper' somewhere on XDA developers site that allowed me to play/pause tracks on the pulse using the camera button I never used. Long-pressing on Vol^up and Vol^down allowed me to skip to next/previous track when phone locked. I recommend it! I still think these buttons are hugely important and unfortunately lacking in newer phones. There's a lot to be said for just pressing the green button 3 times and immediately dialing the last person in the call log..

What I also miss is this vibrant forum. The Samsung Note section of Modaco is nothing compared to the contributions, dev efforts, hacks and determination of those in the pulse forum.. if anyone wants to compare experiences with Samsung note, I've gone over to scottsroms.com forum!